HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 29, 2012, 06:00 AM
Joined Dec 2004
759 Posts
We have flown the Axi motor, runs nicely, but frankly a bit too tame for anything which is called anything over (luke)warmliner. If you want to down that route get a 4:1 gearbox like the PG4-33 from AXI or a similar Kontronik etc and bolt on a Scorpion 3026-1900kv. But in the end it will all be a buy cheap - buy twice and I would definately recommend getting a F5B type motor and running it on a cell less than what it was designed for, to limit the power output to suit the Hawk.

Gerben
Gerben is offline Find More Posts by Gerben
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 29, 2012, 06:12 AM
Needs to do 52 legs !!
Verenigd Koninkrijk, Fareham
Joined Aug 2008
7,147 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skybattle View Post
It is about half of the price. AXI are good motors.

Do you know this setup?

Thank you again.
That outrunner won't take kindly to more then 2KW. Performance will suffer and the plane will suck.

I thought you are located in Spain? For you it is cheaper to buy a Hacker motor from say Lipoly.de then it is to buy a Neu motor and they are also much more easy to reach and faster if you ever need a repair.

A B50 6L is a 4025KV motor. This is a 5S motor for full F5B. Run it on 4S for the Hawk and you will love it. Ideal combination with the cheap $30 HK-200 ESC. It's safe, proven and a hell of a lot cheaper then an CC ICE 200. You can get 4KW+ out no problem and the motor is good for 5KW+.

The advise is all there in the previous pages if you care to read.
jjmouris is offline Find More Posts by jjmouris
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My F5B saw tooth props
Old Mar 29, 2012, 06:21 AM
plane destroyer
Spain, Valencia, Elche
Joined Apr 2011
108 Posts
Thanks, jjmouris, Gerben.

Yes, I know your advise is true, but my wife is going to kill me summing the FPV setup and this one.

I think the most wise thing I can do is waiting and buying a Hacker motor. Expected to have bought another plane and buy the Hacker, but the crise is the crise...

Thank you again por your kindness and patience!
skybattle is offline Find More Posts by skybattle