HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 13, 2012, 04:57 AM
Australia, VIC, Warrnambool
Joined Feb 2012
165 Posts
Discussion
Glue Questions

Hey all,

Recently received my Bixler from hobbyking. Am going to put it together and do a majority of the extra mods to stiffen things up a bit.

My questions are related to glueing everything together.
I've read gorilla glue is the best of the best, anyone from australia knows where it is stocked? If not, is there an equivelant that I should use.

Also, Im putting together my plane to learn on and down the track will modify it for FPV, do i need to split the plane in half again to rework all my wiring?
If so, how do i do this is i use amazing glue?

Hope this doesnt sound strange, just trying to save myself some hassles down the track.

Thanks heaps!
neo__04 is offline Find More Posts by neo__04
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 13, 2012, 06:02 AM
If it flies - I want one!
Werribee, Victoria, Australia
Joined Jul 2008
1,034 Posts
Working with Wood show

Neo,
They had a stall at the Working with Wood show in October (Melbourne Showgrounds) and I picked up a smallish bottle, plus their flexible cyano.
Have not tried it yet, but the writing on the bottom of the box says:
'Distributed in Australia by
Kincrome Tools & Equipment
1300 657 528'
Cheers,
PeteM
Petem is offline Find More Posts by Petem
Old Mar 14, 2012, 12:11 AM
It must have a machinegun
Perth, Western Australia
Joined Sep 2004
1,273 Posts
There are two Australian equivalents to gorilla glue:
Selleys Aquadhere Durabond, or
Vice glue
I buy the Durabond from Bunnings. The bottles are quite big. Once opened they can go hard after a few months, especially if you don't put the cap on properly.

It takes about 3 hours to harden and it foams and expands as it sets. For that reason you should only apply a thin smear or it will expand out of of the joints everywhere.
Its great for repairing broken foam planes, because it fills any gaps without being too heavy.
Scaledown is offline Find More Posts by Scaledown