HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 26, 2012, 05:12 PM
RC Helis: My Healthy Obsession
The OC, California
Joined Feb 2007
3,159 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobepine View Post
I shall try that. Thanks for sharing, dk.

c05's on this bug? Bwahahaha! I'm curious as to how you mounted the motors, but the thought of it makes me laugh. If it worked, this would be a mean little bug.

Best,
Chris
Yeah still working out the bugs on this one. Might not work at all but what the heck right??? Here is what she looks like and the motor mounts. I used the old tail servo mounts for the 4G6 and mounted a set of MiniCP landing skids to the battery tray.
dkfuji is offline Find More Posts by dkfuji
Last edited by dkfuji; Apr 26, 2012 at 05:37 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 26, 2012, 08:20 PM
Arivaca,Arizona
Joined May 2008
7,715 Posts
Hi Darryl,
Good luck! Hope it works better than the BL ufo#8. We found [aside from no props] that a lower kv motor [4000-5000] was needed. The gyro induced an over compensation occillation. ..and the gyro gain wouldn't go low enough to stop it.

regards,
Bill
Air Vaca is offline Find More Posts by Air Vaca
Old Apr 26, 2012, 08:54 PM
Joined Apr 2012
26 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balr14 View Post
I don't want to start any debate or argument, but if you like the Ladybird you would probably also enjoy the Blade MQx. It's a lot bigger, but still a micro so it's better suited for outdoors. They both have very similar flight characteristics, the MQx has sharper response. Flight time is about 10 minutes. I enjoy flying both of them and switch back and forth between batteries. I love the durability of these little guys!
I'd have to buy a Spektrum™ 2.4GHz DSM2™
klamp54 is offline Find More Posts by klamp54
Old Apr 26, 2012, 10:05 PM
ladybird, miniCP, msrx, 4F180
Joined Jan 2012
515 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkfuji View Post
Yeah still working out the bugs on this one. Might not work at all but what the heck right??? Here is what she looks like and the motor mounts. I used the old tail servo mounts for the 4G6 and mounted a set of MiniCP landing skids to the battery tray.
love it
afloyd82 is offline Find More Posts by afloyd82
Old Apr 27, 2012, 03:17 AM
Joined Aug 2011
96 Posts
Just wondering is any one interested in DEVO12 with Ladybird Combo:389.5$?

http://www.hobbyone.com.hk/cn/product.jsp?id=11085
hobbyone.com.hk is offline Find More Posts by hobbyone.com.hk
Old Apr 27, 2012, 03:32 AM
Micro-Heli-Concepts
Australia, NSW, Blacktown
Joined Dec 2006
4,983 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbyone.com.hk View Post
Just wondering is any one interested in DEVO12 with Ladybird Combo:389.5$?

http://www.hobbyone.com.hk/cn/product.jsp?id=11085
Just wondering if the case comes in the deal too.
Regards Jason
jasonjetski is offline Find More Posts by jasonjetski
Old Apr 27, 2012, 07:37 AM
Certified Heli Addict
Joined Apr 2011
683 Posts
Subscribed
RaymondM is online now Find More Posts by RaymondM
Old Apr 27, 2012, 09:21 AM
Joined Jul 2008
775 Posts
Oversky has a new motor listed on their site which would probably perfect for the ladybug. Its a hp03 meant for a conversion for a heli tail. They have newer kv motors. Problem is expense. If I was doing the swap I think I would use the hobbyking 5gr motors here http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...er_2000kv.html they would probably slide into the stock motor cage.

If weight is the issue then check out this one http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...er_7700kv.html
mescalinedream is offline Find More Posts by mescalinedream
Old Apr 28, 2012, 10:40 AM
Joined Jun 2011
6,669 Posts
I tried even longer booms today. I installed a better light setup, as well, having received some more lights from OnceAfly. (He made about 30 of them for me. I really don't know where that guy gets gis patience from... But I appreciate his help. I couldn't do it. The soldering points are so tiny! )

The word is: Much better recovery with the longer booms. Still flips easily, but doesn't shake as much on the recovery, basically. The downside is I'm feeling the weight now. Less lift. less punch and about 30% less flight time. Mind you, I also added heatshrink to all 4 booms in an attempt to make the booms stronger. No good. The extra weight isn't worth it. I split one boom on my first hard crash despite the heatshrink. And it wasn't that hard of a crash. The next time, I will not use heatshrink. Instead, I will fill the hollow with CA glue. I realize this will seize the motor mounts and the booms together and I will have to replace the whole boom assembly if they break, but I don't care. These things break too easily.

Sorry, I don't have a stock bug for size comparison anymore. My wife didn't like it so I sold it. I shipped it to Spain yesterday.

The good thing is I have now tested too long (The above pictured), and too short (stock booms). So now I know what to shoot for the next time. I need to go about 6mm. shorter than the above and it will be the optimum length, I believe.

Chris
bobepine is online now Find More Posts by bobepine
Site Sponsor
Old Apr 28, 2012, 04:45 PM
ladybird, miniCP, msrx, 4F180
Joined Jan 2012
515 Posts
Dang Chris good expermientation.

Im still having fun with my LB I just havent been doing much flying lately. The weather has been nice and now I have my modded mountain bike out and have been hitting the trails a lot. Putting a lot of CNC parts on the bike eats into the RC money.

Speaking of flying the LB I think ill go outside right now and pop it up into the air.
afloyd82 is offline Find More Posts by afloyd82
Old Apr 30, 2012, 11:50 PM
United States, FL, Miami
Joined Jun 2011
13 Posts
Lady bird lights

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobepine View Post
I tried even longer booms today. I installed a better light setup, as well, having received some more lights from OnceAfly. (He made about 30 of them for me. I really don't know where that guy gets gis patience from... But I appreciate his help. I couldn't do it. The soldering points are so tiny! )

The word is: Much better recovery with the longer booms. Still flips easily, but doesn't shake as much on the recovery, basically. The downside is I'm feeling the weight now. Less lift. less punch and about 30% less flight time. Mind you, I also added heatshrink to all 4 booms in an attempt to make the booms stronger. No good. The extra weight isn't worth it. I split one boom on my first hard crash despite the heatshrink. And it wasn't that hard of a crash. The next time, I will not use heatshrink. Instead, I will fill the hollow with CA glue. I realize this will seize the motor mounts and the booms together and I will have to replace the whole boom assembly if they break, but I don't care. These things break too easily.

Sorry, I don't have a stock bug for size comparison anymore. My wife didn't like it so I sold it. I shipped it to Spain yesterday.

The good thing is I have now tested too long (The above pictured), and too short (stock booms). So now I know what to shoot for the next time. I need to go about 6mm. shorter than the above and it will be the optimum length, I believe.

Chris
Hi,i an lb and would like to put some on it can you tell me what lights i need and how you would install them,thanks.
Dusty819 is offline Find More Posts by Dusty819
Old May 01, 2012, 06:06 PM
Joined Apr 2012
114 Posts
I like it, looks good
Warrior0465 is offline Find More Posts by Warrior0465
Last edited by Warrior0465; May 01, 2012 at 06:19 PM.
Old May 01, 2012, 06:28 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2011
31 Posts
was going to buy one of these....noticed its made by walkera....then didnt bother.
ForumFever is offline Find More Posts by ForumFever
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old May 01, 2012, 06:35 PM
Joined Apr 2012
114 Posts
Buy one. Mine Flys great haven't had any problems with it, flips and moves pretty fast
Warrior0465 is offline Find More Posts by Warrior0465
Old May 03, 2012, 01:00 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Mar 2012
30 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForumFever View Post
was going to buy one of these....noticed its made by walkera....then didnt bother.

The QR Ladybird is available here:
http://www.hobbyone.com.hk/cn/product.jsp?id=11087
bigflier is offline Find More Posts by bigflier
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)