HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by bigtimehobby, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Mar 12, 2012, 10:59 PM
United States, CA, Berkeley
Joined Mar 2012
11 Posts
Discussion
What's the best, first time airplane for a beginner?

What's the best airplane for a first time pilot? I have flown many 4ch Helis before and mastered them. I hope to find a airplane that I can use for a long time. Please tell me?
bigtimehobby is offline Find More Posts by bigtimehobby
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 14, 2012, 01:28 PM
Watt Waster
Joined Oct 2010
1,831 Posts
First One - Like a first kiss

I am surprised you didn't find, or search for the threads about "first plane". There are a number of comparison threads, some with video to watch, focused on which trainer would be the best. You can also find more of the same on Youtube. My first after near 30 years out of the hobby was the ElectriFly brand FlyLite trainer. You can often get all the basic plane parts for $60 and there is a selection of motors that will work that cost $18 - $40. You can spend more, but there is no need. I decided to buy a Rim Fire brand motor a little bigger than recommended, and it turned out the small amount of added weight was needed. I have also used a slightly larger battery than recommended and the extra weight was no big deal. Check it out and repair parts are easy to find. Good luck.
Tsavah is offline Find More Posts by Tsavah
Old Mar 14, 2012, 03:37 PM
United States, CA, Berkeley
Joined Mar 2012
11 Posts
Thanks

Thanks
bigtimehobby is offline Find More Posts by bigtimehobby