Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Mar 12, 2012, 04:48 PM
Joined Mar 2012
13 Posts
Help!
Does anyone know the model number or brand of this engine

I am swapping engines and need to remove the clutch off of the old engine to see if it would work with the new(Zenoah 26cc), the boat and engine are at least 16 years old. Thanks
gasman1129 is offline Find More Posts by gasman1129
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 12, 2012, 07:33 PM
United States, NE, Humboldt
Joined Nov 2011
25 Posts
Looks like a moded homelite, It's definitely a Moded weedwacker engine of some type. I dont think the clutch will work, Why dont you want to use it, Homelite's are great little gassers?
Nightow2 is offline Find More Posts by Nightow2
Old Mar 12, 2012, 10:14 PM
Joined Mar 2012
13 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightow2 View Post
Looks like a moded homelite, It's definitely a Moded weedwacker engine of some type. I dont think the clutch will work, Why dont you want to use it, Homelite's are great little gassers?
thanks, that is definitely the brand, and im not using it because they are in all 3 of my boats, and want to see a newer zenoah in it (i have 3 in a container),want to have better cooling,and to see if i can get more speed
gasman1129 is offline Find More Posts by gasman1129
Old Mar 16, 2012, 09:50 AM
RC boat Rock Star
Kalamazoo, MI
Joined Apr 2004
2,885 Posts
The cooling cap on that one doesn't go down far enough so it can have cooling issues, it could have had 2 more fins machined off.
Yes, you'll see a lot more speed out of a Zen than a Homie.
Ron Olson is offline Find More Posts by Ron Olson
Old Mar 21, 2012, 04:16 PM
United States, FL, Lake Placid
Joined Mar 2012
81 Posts
God I'm getting old and forgotten...That is one of our 1986 -1989 25cc Homelites by my company WHH / Enforcer. It was put in an Intl' RC boat such as the one you have because the owner of the company purchased them through us. Homelite played such an important role in why we are all her today, as they were the only string trimmer company in the day that would sell us engines direct. This was long before Zenoah's 23cc aircraft engine, and 20 years prior to the G260. This engine propelled gas model boating through the early years and throughout the 90's until Homelite closed up shop in 2001, leading to the development of the Zenoah G260, but that's a story for another day. We sold over 20,000 Homelite engines converted for model boating use over the years, and there are still many being used today.
I can tell by the water jacket the model year, as I used to make the water-jackets from a 2" aluminum tube and installed them with J&B Weld. In late 89' I designed and manufactured the absolute first "bolt-on" water jacket, and the rest is history.
whobbies is offline Find More Posts by whobbies
Site Sponsor