Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Mar 12, 2012, 02:10 AM
Religion= suffering/wars
Joined Jan 2006
280 Posts
Cool
Durafly DH Vampire - EffluxRC mod

Hi all, I thought I'd post my modified DH Vampire here for ya'll to enjoy. I know there's another thread about this plane but it's 100+ pages long which is painstaking to read through.

The main modification I've made is putting a 3200kv Velocity motor in, which I purchased from Gary at http://www.effluxrc.com/ I must just stress here that Gary's service is exceptional with prompt responses to my emails and very helpful advice. He really went out of his way to help me out. Big ups Gary!

I used a Turnigy Trust 70A ESC which I mounted in the air flow, and I use the Nanotec 3300Mah 4S Packs.

I've glued carbon ribbon (7x.8mm) into the wing and bottom of the booms, also a strip went into the elevator. I'll be putting a strip in the tail plane and another strip in the top of the booms.

I added two more rows of cheater holes and smoothed out the wing air intakes. I removed the landing gear and covered the cavities.

CoG was set in the forward recommended position. It needed down trim on it's first flight, and could do with a tad more weight in the nose.

All up weight is 1148gms with thrust @ 1400gms (using the original fan with the velocity 3200kv)

She eats up the sky rapidly at full throttle. I use about 60% throttle with bursts of 100% (it's rated to fly full throttle all the time) and get about 4mins flight time. Another mod I have in mind is putting brakes in, she glides too damn well!

Cheers, Carl.

See the video HERE
deTonaTor_NZ is offline Find More Posts by deTonaTor_NZ
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 12, 2012, 02:48 AM
Been There, Crashed That!
Australia, WA, Geraldton
Joined Jul 2011
569 Posts
Have ya got any pics of the mods to the cheater holes mate, Cheers.
Austang is offline Find More Posts by Austang
Old Mar 12, 2012, 03:14 AM
Religion= suffering/wars
Joined Jan 2006
280 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austang View Post
Have ya got any pics of the mods to the cheater holes mate, Cheers.
I just replicated them the best I could with a sharp blade.
deTonaTor_NZ is offline Find More Posts by deTonaTor_NZ