SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 11, 2012, 09:26 PM
Veni Vidi Volavi
Sterling, VA
Joined Jan 2002
2,548 Posts
Fly-In
Northern VA, MD, DC Loudoun County Aeromodelers Assoc 13th Annual Electric Flyin

Greetings All

Well it is that time of year again. The Loudoun County Aeromodelers Association would like to invite everyone to our 13th Annual Electric Flyin to be held on Saturday July 28, 2012 at our Club Field in Banshee Reeks Park in Leesburg, VA.

The Flyin is a low key fun filled day for flying with no competitive events. The landing fee is $5 which includes our award winning lunch for all registered pilots. We will also be having our usual raffle. As in the past, Hobby Hangar Speedway in Chantilly Va is sponsoring the event.

I have already started gathering raffle prizes from various vendors and will post a list in the near future.

Anyone needing a copy of the event flyer which includes directions can go to our club website at http://www.lcaa.org and click on the event flag and that will take you to the event flyer. I have also posted a copy of the Flyer as an attachment at the bottom of this post as a Word Document. Hope this helps.

I hope everyone in the area can make it. Looking forward to seeing everyone at the field in July.

If anyone has any questions or needs any additional information please do not hesitate to email or PM me.

Brian Allen

Veni Vidi Volavi

I came I saw I flew
Brian Allen is online now Find More Posts by Brian Allen
Last edited by Brian Allen; Mar 25, 2012 at 07:26 PM. Reason: Added copy of Event Flyer as an attachement.
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 15, 2012, 11:42 AM
United States, MD, Frederick
Joined Aug 2010
394 Posts
Last year was neat from a spectators point of view. This year I want to bring something to fly!
kauaicuda is offline Find More Posts by kauaicuda
Old Mar 15, 2012, 09:40 PM
Veni Vidi Volavi
Sterling, VA
Joined Jan 2002
2,548 Posts
Well please do by all means!!!

Brian Allen

Veni Vidi Volavi

I came I saw I flew
Old Mar 22, 2012, 10:23 AM
United States, VA, Berryville
Joined May 2010
369 Posts
I would like to join in on the fun! I am not a member but have current AMA. I am from the Winchester aera.
kellyzo6 is offline Find More Posts by kellyzo6
Old Mar 22, 2012, 12:01 PM
Veni Vidi Volavi
Sterling, VA
Joined Jan 2002
2,548 Posts
Kelly

Well make sure to come on by. We usually get a number of guys from the Plane Crazy club in Winchester each year.

Brian Allen

Veni Vidi Volavi

I came I saw I flew
Old Mar 22, 2012, 12:29 PM
United States, VA, Berryville
Joined May 2010
369 Posts
Thanks! I am not in Plane Crazy but in Electronic Flyers. I'll have to get some members to go with me.
kellyzo6 is offline Find More Posts by kellyzo6
Old Mar 22, 2012, 12:50 PM
Veni Vidi Volavi
Sterling, VA
Joined Jan 2002
2,548 Posts
Kelly

Thanks for the note. Please bring a few friends along, the more the merrier!!

Brian Allen

Veni Vidi Volavi

I came I saw I flew
Old May 28, 2012, 03:51 PM
Veni Vidi Volavi
Sterling, VA
Joined Jan 2002
2,548 Posts
Greetings All

Well it is about 2 months to go for the 13th Annual Electric Flyin. Hope everyone has July 28 marked off on their calendars and are getting planes ready.

Stuff for the raffle has started to come in. A list follows. Many thanks to those who have donated items. The list will be updated as we get closer to the event.

Hope to see everyone at the field on July 28th!!

Brian Allen

Veni Vidi Volavi

I came I saw I flew

Donations:

Castle Creations has sent us a fistful of 30% and 50% discount coupons. Many Thanks!!

BMJR Model Products has sent us a number of discount coupons for their fine line of kits.

Mercury Adhesives has sent us a glue caddy and some samples of their fine CA products.

Hobbico has sent us a Futaba T shirt, a Voltwatch and a selction of CA

SIG Manufacturing has sent us two 25% off gift certificates.

Bob Smith Industries has sent us some samples of their fine CA products

Hobby Hangar Speedway has given us 10 $20 Gift cards for the shop and a Hobbyzone Champ RTF

Also a UMX Hyper Taxi BNF

A Flyzone RTF Micro Albatross

Thanks!!
Last edited by Brian Allen; Jul 26, 2012 at 01:50 PM. Reason: Updated list 7/21/12
Old May 28, 2012, 08:57 PM
United States, MD, Frederick
Joined Aug 2010
394 Posts
If I bring my multicopters to fly, will I be able to fly in the general area or would I have to be off to the side? I fly them more like fixed-wing stuff, no in-place hovering or 3D heli silliness
kauaicuda is offline Find More Posts by kauaicuda
Last edited by kauaicuda; May 28, 2012 at 11:12 PM.
Old Jun 01, 2012, 09:12 PM
Veni Vidi Volavi
Sterling, VA
Joined Jan 2002
2,548 Posts
Kauaicuda

Thanks for the note, sorry for the delay in re[lying, have been traveling a bunch the last couple of weeks. Re your question, I need to check with a couple of guys, will let you know. Probably not a problem just want to check to make sure.

Brian Allen

Veni Vidi Volavi

I came I saw I flew
Last edited by Brian Allen; Jun 08, 2012 at 06:45 PM.
Old Jun 03, 2012, 04:47 PM
Left, NO your other left!
United States, MD, Baltimore
Joined Jun 2008
796 Posts
I had a great time last year. I have the date saved and am looking forward to this years event.
-Andrew
weathervane is offline Find More Posts by weathervane
Old Jun 07, 2012, 12:25 PM
Robot, RC Pilot & Builder :-)
Roanoke, VA, USA
Joined Jul 2006
4,181 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by weathervane View Post
I had a great time last year. I have the date saved and am looking forward to this years event.
-Andrew
Andrew, thanks my friend, for letting me know that this year's Loudon County electric fly-in thread is up!

I hope to attend and fly with everyone at LCAA again this year!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Allen View Post
Well it is that time of year again. The Loudoun County Aeromodelers Association would like to invite everyone to our 13th Annual Electric Flyin to be held on Saturday July 28, 2012 at our Club Field in Banshee Reeks Park in Leesburg, VA.
Brian Allen
Brian, I look forward to attending.

And I'd like to give FPV "video rides" again, just like we did at last year's LCAA electric fly-in ... Would this be okay with you and the other organizers of the LCAA Electric Fly-In?

Thanks for all the work you and the other volunteers do to create this fun event!

Kevin

PS - Anyone who is interested in solar-charging power systems for RC, should check out the nationally-famous, solar-charging power system at the LCAA club field!

PPS - Photos from last year's LCAA event are here... be sure to check out George's photos! : http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...ight=lcaa+2011
kevinhines is offline Find More Posts by kevinhines
Last edited by kevinhines; Jun 07, 2012 at 12:35 PM.
Old Jun 07, 2012, 12:33 PM
Robot, RC Pilot & Builder :-)
Roanoke, VA, USA
Joined Jul 2006
4,181 Posts
FPV Video Rides at LCAA

Re: FPV "Video Rides"... since people usually ask, here is more info about this, which I posted in last year's thread:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinhines View Post
Hello Friends,

Since I'd like to give FPV "video rides" at the event, I'd like to answer some of the typical questions which arise about FPV... so here are answers to some questions folks often ask...

1. CD & Event Organizers Pre-Approval:
Of course, I want to get the "okay" in advance from the CD and other event organizers, to make sure they are comfortable with all of this, beforehand ... I want to be invited back...

2. AMA's FPV Rules:
I always follow all AMA rules when I'm at an AMA event or field...

When I give FPV "video rides", I fly the model the conventional way, looking at the model, and I allow other folks to wear the goggles, so they see the view from the model...

I have given FPV video rides at many AMA-sanctioned events... including NEFI, SEFF, Randy Covington, and the recent Laurel, MD Freestate Aeromodelers event... all 100% in accordance with the AMA rules.

A few weeks ago, I gave FPV video rides at the FreeState Aeromodeler's event, and here's what the CD, i.e., Weathervane / Andrew, posted about the FPV video rides: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...1&postcount=25

Last weekend I gave FPV video rides at the AMA's HQ's NEFI event, per the invitation of Jay Smith, NEFI CD, (he's also editor in chief of the AMA's Model Aviation magazine) ... he flew my model via FPV, while he was on the buddy box, and I was on the master Tx, as "pilot in command"... all 100% in accordance with all AMA rules... Jay posted a comment about this here: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=130

3. Radio Frequencies:
My RC gear is on 2.4GHz, and my video gear is on 900MHz, so these are on completely separate frequency bands.

I am an FCC-licensed ham radio operator, call sign KJ4WYI, & I keep everthing legal with the radio frequencies...

4. How Do FPV 'Video Rides' Work:
I carry my Multiplex EasyStar FPV aircraft, and a couple of boxes of FPV gear, up to a pilot station on the flight line, set up the equipment, people walk up, I explain how the FPV rides works, and they wear the goggles while I fly the model by direct view...

5. Why Do I Give FPV 'Video Rides':
I want to get the word out on the exciting FPV portion of our aeromodeling hobby... I want the general aeromodeling community to understand and become familiar with FPV... it's my way of giving back to the community ... I consider myself an ambassador for FPV, to the rest of our aeromodeling community ...

I hope this makes sense & answers any questions folks may be wondering ...

Thanks for the work all of you guys are doing to organize this event, and promote the aeromodeling hobby!

Kevin
kevinhines is offline Find More Posts by kevinhines
Old Jun 07, 2012, 08:31 PM
Left, NO your other left!
United States, MD, Baltimore
Joined Jun 2008
796 Posts
No problem bud. I hope you can make it.
-Andrew
weathervane is offline Find More Posts by weathervane
Old Jun 08, 2012, 06:44 PM
Veni Vidi Volavi
Sterling, VA
Joined Jan 2002
2,548 Posts
Kevin

Thanks for the note, hope you can make it. No prolem with the FPV rides just like last year. I think everyone enjoyed them.

Brian Allen

Veni Vidi Volavi

I came I saw I flew