HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 11, 2012, 06:31 PM
Joined Nov 2010
146 Posts
Discussion
Kyosho HOR rear tire rubbing??

Hi, I was just putting some high grip tires on my HOR and I noticed the rear tire is VERY close to touching in some spots. I don't know if my rear wheel is crooked, but there doesn't seem to be a way to adjust this? It is touching the end of the battery tray on one side of the cutout, also the chain is touching the tire and also the rear fender is extremely close to it too. No doubt when the bike is at speed the tire will balloon and rub the fender. Is this normal or is there any way to get a little more clearance in these areas? I was thinking of just running without the rear fender, but the chain and battery tray seems like they would damage the tire and I don't know what to do about that...

norco kid is offline Find More Posts by norco kid
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 11, 2012, 07:54 PM
Guilford, Ct.
Joined Jan 2004
1,420 Posts
spacers on the axle, i had to do the same thing as I recall.
katana2665 is offline Find More Posts by katana2665
Old Mar 11, 2012, 08:29 PM
Joined Sep 2011
42 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by norco kid View Post
Hi, I was just putting some high grip tires on my HOR and I noticed the rear tire is VERY close to touching in some spots. I don't know if my rear wheel is crooked, but there doesn't seem to be a way to adjust this? It is touching the end of the battery tray on one side of the cutout, also the chain is touching the tire and also the rear fender is extremely close to it too. No doubt when the bike is at speed the tire will balloon and rub the fender. Is this normal or is there any way to get a little more clearance in these areas? I was thinking of just running without the rear fender, but the chain and battery tray seems like they would damage the tire and I don't know what to do about that...

make sure your swingarm is screwed tight all the way to the right frame.
For the fender and the batt tray, you have to do some sanding and grinding.

rizal
icedgin is offline Find More Posts by icedgin