HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 11, 2012, 06:14 PM
Detroit, MI
Joined Sep 2010
33 Posts
Discussion
Wanted to share a new video and announce a two week special on MDF3790 Document Sets!

Here is a video I did as a compliment to an Instructable I am producing on how to simulate water drops using Photoshop, Rhino3D, and Mach3. I will provide the link to the instructable when I am finished with it.

I am also posting to announce I am temporarily lowering the cost of my PDF for building the MDF3790 CNC!!!

In case the embeded video doesn't work you can click below and see it HD!
Grunblau MDF3790, Simulating Water Drops on Wood (3 min 19 sec)

For the last year, I have been developing a new bent steel and aluminum CNC for doing small intricate work and heavy duty cutting, but I am also considering it as a platform for other technologies (plasma, laser, prototyping and tangential knife) I have been using the funds from the sales of the PDF set to pay for much of the R&D, purchasing the electronics, etc... Now the basic structure is complete (digitally) and in order to push through the development process, I will be sending the “final” parts to the laser cutter the last week in March. So I decided to experiment with the cost of the plan sets and make this two week offer to those people who were on the fence.

A peak at the production digital model of the Platform CNC....

People from all over the world have purchased the plans for the MDF3790 to follow exactly or to use as a jumping off point for their own designs. Since the plans are very easy to follow, and I also include the original CAD work (not just the Gcode) this allows people to easily modify / or CNC the parts.

Currently, aside from people in the US, there are people building from the plans in Poland, Netherlands, Italy, Canada, United Kingdom, Mexico and New Zealand.

The initial investment in a good set of plans is a drop in the bucket considering the cost of time spent developing a design from scratch, and avoiding the cost of 'ordering the wrong part'. I am now offering these same plans for $40 (a 50% savings!) for the next two weeks to help me pay for the final stages of my new CNC project. You will still receive all of the ongoing updates concerning the MDF3790 including my future plans to retro-hybridize it in the future.

If you want a more detailed description of what is included in the plan set, you can go to.

http://www.grunblau.com/MDF3790.htm
Grunblau is offline Find More Posts by Grunblau
Last edited by Grunblau; Mar 11, 2012 at 06:24 PM.
to remove ads between posts