Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Mar 13, 2012, 09:55 PM
United States, FL, The Villages
Joined Oct 2010
3,995 Posts
Sure looked slow, low battery? Something did not look like 100% power.
Don
dkrhardy is offline Find More Posts by dkrhardy
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 14, 2012, 02:39 PM
DJO
Custom FPV Setups
United States, CT, Stafford
Joined Oct 2011
3,531 Posts
No low battery, it was perfectly fine. It's deceiving because the Tuff Trainer was first moving away from the camera, then at that point it was almost touching down to the ground. It's not a very fast plane to begin with.
DJO is offline Find More Posts by DJO
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Home Run Derby & Aerial Shots
Old Mar 14, 2012, 04:23 PM
Canada, ON, Kincardine
Joined Feb 2009
517 Posts
Full throttle doesnt really matter. A wing can stall at any airspeed if you exceed the critical angle of attack.

It it enters a spin or spiral dive at low altitude you probably will not be able to recover from it.

You mention that it always turns in one direction when at full power. That is called P factor and is caused by diferences in thrust on each side of the prop. Full power means maximum pfactor and probably enough that you do not have enough rudder or aileron to counteract both the pfactor and the wind.
Helno is offline Find More Posts by Helno
Old Mar 14, 2012, 04:37 PM
Redacted per NSA "suggestion"
United States, VA, Virginia Beach
Joined Feb 2012
5,413 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJO View Post
Say what?
I'll take it as your initials and not what I thought.

I thought it was Day Job Orchestra. You can google it if you like. They do nonsensical voice overs to Star Trek the Next Generation series. Some are a riot.

Odd story about how you met all those people. I think the worst part is how you met them. I'd have been mortified. Though I did once go swimming for a plane.
dedStik is offline Find More Posts by dedStik
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Confessions of a smoker...
Old Mar 14, 2012, 06:15 PM
DJO
Custom FPV Setups
United States, CT, Stafford
Joined Oct 2011
3,531 Posts
Daniel J. Oldham... That's pretty neat though.

I'm totally DONE with this! Dang... I think it's a sign that I should get into cars...

At least this one is at my house and not 5+ miles away, so I'll see if it comes down.
DJO is offline Find More Posts by DJO
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Home Run Derby & Aerial Shots