HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 11, 2012, 03:57 PM
United States, SC, Okatie
Joined Jan 2002
233 Posts
Discussion
New on 2.4Ghz; strange problems...help?

I'm new to 2.4; my radio system is called Top-fire, came with arf plane.
Sometimes I turn it on, and it works fine all day. Other days, will not work at all. Batteries, connections, switch, all check out OK. Can it be that sometimes the receiver binds, sometimes not? Can it have a weak binding that can be strengthened? I have no instructions, no binding plug. Any suggestions?
Maybe it is just a cheap radio.

Also, can other makes receivers be used with different transmitters? I have a receiver of a different make, and would like to bind it to my TX, but don't know how.

Thanks...

Sammy
sammy is offline Find More Posts by sammy
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 11, 2012, 04:52 PM
Committed heli addict...
Joined Jan 2010
675 Posts
Click on some of the links in this forum below:

http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65781
phoenixheli is offline Find More Posts by phoenixheli
Old Mar 11, 2012, 05:45 PM
United States, SC, Okatie
Joined Jan 2002
233 Posts
thanks for the help, but links do not answer my problem. Well, "they say" you get what you pay for. Guess its time to pitch this thing and look for a better radio.

Sammy
sammy is offline Find More Posts by sammy
Old Mar 11, 2012, 10:11 PM
Joined May 2005
823 Posts
Most every brand of 2.4 GHz radio implements their own system. You cannot just bind off-brand receivers to a radio. Sometimes there are clone receivers that do work (for Spektrum and Futaba).

So if you change brands you'll need to get all new receivers.
caseih is offline Find More Posts by caseih