HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 11, 2012, 03:06 PM
Joined Feb 2012
53 Posts
Discussion
Please help, broken mini cp

I was flying and then went into a hover. All of a sudden the heli loses power and hits the ground somewhat softly, but no light or anything. I change the battery nothing. No light, no signs of life. I check over the board and found the circled thing in the picture dangling off. I guess the canopy ripped it off, although i don't remember having a harsh crash recently. How can i fix it? I already soldered one of the battery cables back that was again pulled out by the canopy in a crash about 20 flights ago.
How can i solder such a thing? Can i find some replacement somewhere? Worse comes to worse, is just the board available as a standalone part? If yes where can i find it?

Please help.
Thanks.

BIGGER PICS: http://imageshack.us/g/861/photo1xy.jpg/
Marioinc is offline Find More Posts by Marioinc
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 11, 2012, 03:47 PM
Michigan
Joined Jul 2009
34 Posts
Mine fell off during one of the first few flights. I'd never had a crash or hard landing yet. That thing is barely on there on some units I think, really need to glue it down asap.

As far as the receiver its:

Receiver (RX2632V-D) HM-Mini-CP-Z-19 1 65.00

I bought one from Hobby-wing. Not cheap.

You can probably solder it back on to the two pads you can see it mounted to. I had a hard time with mine. You can free up a little wire on one side, but the other if it broke off close like mine there's no way to free any up without unwinding the whole thing that I could see.

At least you got more use out of yours before it happened than I did!

Good luck!
muttonboy is offline Find More Posts by muttonboy
Old Mar 11, 2012, 03:55 PM
Joined Sep 2003
17 Posts
Wow sent me a replacement and it was epoxied.
pmcbs is offline Find More Posts by pmcbs
Old Mar 11, 2012, 05:34 PM
Joined Feb 2012
53 Posts
Thanks for the replies guys.

I managed to solder it back on after adding a little extra wire to both ends. I'm going to epoxy the whole thing tomorrow. I don't know how long it'll last, but at least I don't have to buy the replacement board just yet.
Marioinc is offline Find More Posts by Marioinc
Old Apr 10, 2012, 02:59 AM
Joined Apr 2012
2 Posts
I have had the same thing happen twice now. I think from the canopy popping up in a crash and taking it out. I did the canopy saver mod which I think helps but still broke one in a fairly hard crash. The original didn't have the white silicon, the replacement did have a dab of silicon but still broke off. Have another one ordered but would like to try and fix as expensive. How on earth did you solder it back on. Its so small.

Any idea if you can by the a replacement component? Might be easier starting with a new one.

Cheers
helimaddness500 is offline Find More Posts by helimaddness500
Old Apr 10, 2012, 04:45 AM
United States, GA
Joined Dec 2011
130 Posts
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...570630&page=55

Post 2735
MX48 is offline Find More Posts by MX48
Old Apr 16, 2012, 03:15 PM
Joined Apr 2012
72 Posts
I found one that was a pretty good fit out of what i think was an old garage door remote and rewound it. You need a scope or LCR meter to get it to the right value though. Still booted and spooled with the leads jumped, idk if that would leave it usable, I just wanted to see if it would boot.
zzyzx is offline Find More Posts by zzyzx
Last edited by zzyzx; Apr 18, 2012 at 04:08 PM. Reason: "or" not "of"
Old Apr 17, 2012, 10:27 AM
Joined Jul 2008
775 Posts
I have spooled up 8 inches of the same diameter tail wire and soldered it on. Someone had posted less could have been used. Someone used the wire out of headphones. I think just about anything would work.
mescalinedream is offline Find More Posts by mescalinedream
Old Mar 08, 2013, 12:11 AM
United States, CA, Ontario
Joined Feb 2013
7 Posts
almost the same happened to me guys, could something like this cause the rudder to run continuously? mine runs even without binding the TX. any help would be appreciated.
thanks
purrungas is offline Find More Posts by purrungas