Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Mar 11, 2012, 11:07 AM
Mach .09 Super Achiever
Pleasant Valley Modelport
Joined Sep 2006
8,448 Posts
Discussion
That Little Girl Thing Yesterday was UNFAIR !

I was at Lowe's yesterday. A dad with the cutest little girl was shopping near the tool department. But what he did was unfair to ME. He put a set of shoes on her that make a squeaky sound like a little furry animal.
It's not as if she were cute enough but that trick was enough to rip my heart out. BLLLLAAAAAAAAAAAA !
Chophop is offline Find More Posts by Chophop
Old Mar 11, 2012, 12:18 PM
Out of Time
United States, TX
Joined Jul 2003
1,092 Posts
I know, kids are cute.

But... I personally make it a point to NOT "notice" small children anywhere in public.

This is now a sick society we live in, and the last thing you want is for a parent to see you "noticing" their little girl and then calling attention to you by the nearest police or security personnel.
My wife's dad, as an old geezer, loved (very young) kids, and would often carry candy to give to them out in public, and he very much was just a really nice old man in his 80's with no ill intent whatsoever.
But some of the reactions by parents he would get were not pretty.

Sorry, it's just the times we live in.
Highflight is offline Find More Posts by Highflight
Old Mar 11, 2012, 01:09 PM
Mach .09 Super Achiever
Joined Sep 2006
8,448 Posts
I think one look and they would know I'm ok. Not having one makes a person think about it. And if the world is this bad then why even bother, Hmmmmmm. I think I reviewed that situation a few decades ago.
Old Mar 11, 2012, 01:24 PM
Don't look at me like that....
United States, AR, McDougal
Joined Aug 2005
2,791 Posts
Anything I can buy my grandkids so as to annoy their parents whan they get home, I will buy for them. Including sqeaky shoes.
62pilot is offline Find More Posts by 62pilot
Old Mar 11, 2012, 01:42 PM
Joined Aug 2011
714 Posts
Whistles, Kazoos, and yo yos, enough to drive a parent crazy!
UlteriorModem is offline Find More Posts by UlteriorModem
Old Mar 11, 2012, 01:48 PM
characters welcome!
United States, CA, Bear Valley Springs
Joined Feb 2000
26,210 Posts
Drumsets and electronic keyboards.

We will get back at you for what you put us through when you were kids!

mw
Mark Wood is offline Find More Posts by Mark Wood
Old Mar 11, 2012, 03:37 PM
supreme being of leisure
Tel Aviv, Israel
Joined Jul 2004
2,134 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highflight View Post
I know, kids are cute.

But... I personally make it a point to NOT "notice" small children anywhere in public.

This is now a sick society we live in, and the last thing you want is for a parent to see you "noticing" their little girl and then calling attention to you by the nearest police or security personnel.
My wife's dad, as an old geezer, loved (very young) kids, and would often carry candy to give to them out in public, and he very much was just a really nice old man in his 80's with no ill intent whatsoever.
But some of the reactions by parents he would get were not pretty.

Sorry, it's just the times we live in.
no, it's the place you live in and your state of mind.
ZAGNUT is offline Find More Posts by ZAGNUT
Old Mar 11, 2012, 07:31 PM
ein flugel schplinterizer
USA, FL, Pensacola
Joined Sep 2004
5,033 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZAGNUT View Post
no, it's the place you live in and your state of mind.
As usual, totally wrong.

Having 6 living kids (4 girls) and 12 grandkids (8 girls) I know how I and my boys react when we watch other guys look at our girls. Way too much crap going on nowadays.

On the flipside it doesn't allow someone such as myself who loves kids to ever show much attention. I don't even babysit my grandkids alone. I've seen firsthand too many guys falsely accused. In fact an acquaintance of mine just got out of 8 months in the county jail after his girlfriend's ex decided the accusation was a foolproof plan to get rid of momma's new boyfriend. At the trial the accuser even admitted that he filed a false report, allowing the guy I know to go free. Still ruined his life, lost his job and most of his friends. I really don't think he did it myself but that little niggling of doubt will always be there.

It's a rotten world. If you have kids Zagnut I hope and pray you stay on guard.

Oh, and Chester the Molester resides in every country, religion and society.
seanpcola is online now Find More Posts by seanpcola
Old Mar 11, 2012, 07:58 PM
Joined Jul 2004
3,771 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chophop View Post
I think one look and they would know I'm ok.

What makes you so sure about that ?.....you've been here since Sept 2006, and some of us here are STILL undecided about you.
Usta Bee is offline Find More Posts by Usta Bee
Old Mar 11, 2012, 08:25 PM
Mach .09 Super Achiever
Joined Sep 2006
8,448 Posts
Awww you mean no poker and beer parties ?

I thought people would be flattered to get compliments. Yea right, there's a lie there, I didn't notice little Cinderella with the shoes that squeak like a fuzzy little animal. Layin it on thick, precious little person, I do worry about how it will be for them when they grow up.

Then puberty hits. It's over now, you can yell at 'em, they'll need SOMETHING to get them through one of their toughest battles in life. All that pressure that arrives with that big step to adulthood.
Old Mar 11, 2012, 08:29 PM
Not THAT Ira
Coupeville, Wa
Joined Jan 2006
4,722 Posts
Am 52 years old and have an 8 year old daughter.
One of the best things about having a kid at my age is that now I can take her to the park and not look like some kind of creepy freak when I play on the swings and climb the monkey bars. Man do I love to play on the monkey bars!
Real Ira is online now Find More Posts by Real Ira
Old Mar 11, 2012, 08:37 PM
Mach .09 Super Achiever
Joined Sep 2006
8,448 Posts
Those little 6 year olds and below get me every time. I like it when they are happy. At 6 I was still pretty freaked out at thunderstorms and lightning. In the 60's there were lots of single pane windows and that thunder really was loud.

I can remember a nightmare that took place next to the park across the street, it's about a lightning bolt striking a turtle man made of ice cream. It struck a feather in his hat and melted him. Scared me pretty bad. I won 2nd place at the pet show a few months earlier with my pet mussel. This one looks just like it.

One to watch for though are the ones that want to play Super Dad or Super Mom. I'll kill anyone that gets within ten feet. Just lookin for someone to play. Naw but this is a small town here and most of them seem proud that their little ones are enchanting.

It's a real shame people are robbed of such a beautiful thing like that by fear of perves.
Last edited by Chophop; Mar 11, 2012 at 08:52 PM.
Old Mar 11, 2012, 08:57 PM
In Development Now
Joined May 2005
445 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by UlteriorModem View Post
Whistles, Kazoos, and yo yos, enough to drive a parent crazy!
If thine enemy offend thee... buy his kid a drum.
Indiana_Geoff is offline Find More Posts by Indiana_Geoff
Old Mar 11, 2012, 08:57 PM
Mach .09 Super Achiever
Joined Sep 2006
8,448 Posts
Now I see how they became so enchanting to me. I used to work on biomedical systems at a children's hospital. It is so nice to not see them hooked up to needles, bottles, breathing support and so on. No casts either.
That got depressing. At least they were getting help.
Last edited by Chophop; Mar 11, 2012 at 09:06 PM.
Old Mar 11, 2012, 09:01 PM
ein flugel schplinterizer
USA, FL, Pensacola
Joined Sep 2004
5,033 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chophop View Post

It's a real shame people are robbed of such a beautiful thing like that by fear of perves.
True but that's reality.

On the other hand: When I was in my late 20's/early 30's , single and had two daughters in the 4 and up age group, there was nothing better than to take them to a public park to play, or shopping or hanging at the beach. Not only did we have a blast but a single dad with little ones just screams "normal, nice guy". I met a ton of honeys that way.
seanpcola is online now Find More Posts by seanpcola