SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 11, 2012, 12:10 AM
Joined Jul 2008
401 Posts
Discussion
TREX 800 AP heli for sale

Posted here as there really isn't an AP classified section..

Due to a number of circumstances, I am selling my Trex 800 Aerial Video/Photography set up.

This is a plug in, set your radio up and fly machine. A lot of time and effort has gone into tinkering with this to make it fly smooth and true with minimal vibrations. Suitable for a commercial setup, this would pay itself off very quickly in the right hands.

Included:
Trex 800 Flybarless Complete ready to fly (inc all digital servos and 3GX flybarless controller etc)
Align 800mm Main blades, Edge 115mm Tail blades
Perfect Regulator CCPM
Rear boom mounted Carbon Battery Holders
470KV motor
Extended Carbon skids
2XPT Front mount camera gimbal
2 Sets of almost new 8000MAH 10S battery sets (2x 5S 8000MAH)
1 set of almost new 5000 MAH 10S Battery set (2x 5S 5000 MAH)
Receiver battery.
Spare 700 MX motor
Spare Caron and KBDD tail blades (I use the KBDD ones where the grass is long)
Canopy, Battery trays etc to turn it back into a 3D helicopter
Misc Spare bearings, main shaft, feathering shaft, 700 Tail boom, 700 Torque Tube etc.

EVERYTHING IN PERFECT - AS NEW CONDITION. Very well looked after!

Also available and can be negotiated into the deal:
Complete 1.3GHZ Downlink inc TX, RX, Canon SLR AV cable, AV screen and case
Futaba 7C 2.4GHZ TX and RX
Canon Live View gentled (for remote control of canon DSLR)
Canon 10-22mm Lens - in my option ion the best lens for AP
If required, I am happy to put the full package together as a ready to go AP setup (inc Canon 60D, Chargers, Transmitters for heli and mount etc).

I will also help with basic setup and support to get the new owner going. Complete part list and prices available, please contact me for this.

I am selling for USD $2,250 or NZD $2,700 plus shipping. Will dismantle, package and freight world wide at cost.

**please note I am in New Zealand, so shipping to the USA or Europe aint local. I am happy however to hunt around for the cheapest/best freight option and send it world wide.

Jelico is offline Find More Posts by Jelico
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 11, 2012, 10:51 AM
USA, NC, Matthews
Joined Aug 2008
3,249 Posts
What flight times are you getting loaded with the DSLR?
techspy is offline Find More Posts by techspy
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My Esprit Saga
Old Mar 11, 2012, 04:32 PM
Joined Jul 2008
401 Posts
With the 800mm blades, I am getting 10 minutes safely with a 60D on the front. To be honest, this setup is probably overkill for a 550/60D, but the idea was that if anything happened it would actually autorotate in a safe (ish) manor.

I have been told that I could push it out to 12 mins but have never needed to.

The 800mm stretch just gives you a more manageable disc loading/flight characteristics in my opinion. Not a necessity but I think its worth it in reliability and safety - plus flight times are better.
Old Mar 11, 2012, 10:28 PM
Canada, AB, Lethbridge
Joined Jun 2002
1,807 Posts
wish I was in the market as this is one sweet deal!
CG
Canada Goose is offline Find More Posts by Canada Goose
Old Mar 12, 2012, 06:45 PM
Joined Jul 2008
401 Posts
Thanks I feel its a good deal but am open to offers too. If anyone wants to trade some multicopter or FPV stuff then I am interested. : )

Cheers

p.s. I just updated the 3gX to the 2.0 firmware and man it flies so well now. Much closer to that "flybarred" feel that I am always looking for in my flybarless helps..
Old Mar 07, 2013, 07:35 AM
Joined Mar 2012
2 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelico View Post
Thanks I feel its a good deal but am open to offers too. If anyone wants to trade some multicopter or FPV stuff then I am interested. : )

Cheers

p.s. I just updated the 3gX to the 2.0 firmware and man it flies so well now. Much closer to that "flybarred" feel that I am always looking for in my flybarless helps..
Still looking for multicopter stuff? I have a Droidworx AD8 HL with DJI Wookong, Photohigher gimbal setup, AXI motors, etc and I'm looking for a heli.
jtmaine is offline Find More Posts by jtmaine
Old Jun 19, 2013, 02:43 AM
Joined Jan 2013
13 Posts
Still for sale?
Bbechtel is offline Find More Posts by Bbechtel
Old Jun 24, 2013, 07:15 PM
Joined Jan 2013
151 Posts
ahhh this would pretty much be my dream rig! GLWS
CWorth is offline Find More Posts by CWorth