SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 10, 2012, 11:23 PM
Joined Mar 2012
1 Posts
Question
Good on and off road car

I am at a lost as what car would be better for on and off road. As of right now i am only running a Ofna SC10 with a Havok 4.5 and it seems to work but I'm looking for faster with better control. Please give me some suggestions. Thanks
cabyj08 is offline Find More Posts by cabyj08
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 11, 2012, 05:49 PM
Registered Basher
Beaver, PA
Joined May 2008
716 Posts
How about a rally car? I think kyosho makes one, hpi has one, probably tamiya as well
kistner is offline Find More Posts by kistner
Old Mar 11, 2012, 07:31 PM
Canada, ON, Whitby
Joined Aug 2008
8,934 Posts
Rally cars aren't great off road unless its just smooth dirt / gravel.

How fast do you want it to go, and what kind of surface do you run on offroad?
wparsons is offline Find More Posts by wparsons
Old Sep 12, 2012, 10:09 PM
oh that guy
United States, SC, Clover
Joined Sep 2012
263 Posts
I find the best on and off roader is the stadium truck. Lower cg built to handle almost any terrain and you can get an extra set of rims with pure on road tires for it.
slim_chance is offline Find More Posts by slim_chance
Old Sep 13, 2012, 03:37 PM
Joined Nov 2011
69 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by slim_chance View Post
I find the best on and off roader is the stadium truck. Lower cg built to handle almost any terrain and you can get an extra set of rims with pure on road tires for it.
Too funny. I have a Duratrax Evader Brushless and just got done placing an order for 4 road tires and some wheels about 5 minutes ago, then saw this thread.

I agree. The stadium truck seems to be a good choice for multiple terrains, changing out the tires as necessary.
davruk is offline Find More Posts by davruk
Old Sep 14, 2012, 02:19 PM
United States, FL, Fort Lauderdale
Joined Mar 2011
542 Posts
many moons ago I had an rc10gt that i used to lower the shock collars for and then slap some road tires on. It's alot easier to make an off road car work onroad, but not vice versa.
chevyfried is offline Find More Posts by chevyfried