HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 17, 2013, 08:10 PM
United States, PA, Philadelphia
Joined Dec 2011
2,200 Posts
Congrat to your maiden. I knew you would like her! Some how I had issue with servo chattering on rudder too, I soldered the servo extension and that chattering went away. You are right, with 3s 1000 the CG is dead on. 10+ mph wind is a bit high for maiden but you nailed it!
I was back from ski trip this afternoon, with cramped legs and arms. Still wanted to go fly but was 29 degree and 22mph wind. Wife and kids were so excited for their very first ski trip so we are doing another one next weekend. Two weeks no flying will be a new record for me though.
Vince_TT is online now Find More Posts by Vince_TT
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 17, 2013, 08:26 PM
My Co-Pilots Rock!!
United States, FL, Clearwater
Joined May 2011
1,665 Posts
Thanks, Vince

I seem to always be flying in 10ish mph winds. so I guess I have just gotten used to that. For a small plane , she did quite well

Man, I don't think I could handle 29 degrees. It was about 50 degrees here today and I was freezing LOL

Well you have to keep the wife and kids happy even if you do suffer some "flight deprivation".

Wolfe.
wolfewinde is offline Find More Posts by wolfewinde
Old Feb 17, 2013, 11:04 PM
Joined Jun 2012
1,829 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfewinde View Post
Thanks, Vince

I seem to always be flying in 10ish mph winds. so I guess I have just gotten used to that. For a small plane , she did quite well

Man, I don't think I could handle 29 degrees. It was about 50 degrees here today and I was freezing LOL

Well you have to keep the wife and kids happy even if you do suffer some "flight deprivation".

Wolfe.
Ya got that Wolf.
Ya know what they say "happy wife ,happy life"
God bless them, they put up with our hobbies and passions. We just got all of the wifes together tonight. The two other guys that I fly with and I and our wifes, out to dinner. All threewives just met tonight for the first time and we were all good boys and did not talk at all about flying. It was a great dinner and everyone had a great time.
foamyflyerr is offline Find More Posts by foamyflyerr
Old Feb 18, 2013, 09:01 AM
My Co-Pilots Rock!!
Joined May 2011
1,665 Posts
Good for you - where are you from, Foamflyer?

Wolfe
Last edited by wolfewinde; Feb 18, 2013 at 09:40 PM.
Old Feb 18, 2013, 09:54 AM
Joined Jun 2012
1,829 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfewinde View Post
Good for - where are you from, Foamflyer?

Wolfe
We're in the San Francico Bay Area
foamyflyerr is offline Find More Posts by foamyflyerr
Old Feb 18, 2013, 09:35 PM
My Co-Pilots Rock!!
Joined May 2011
1,665 Posts
You are about as far away from me as you can get and still be in the states then.

Making a little progress on the Katana tonight in hopes of getting the motor soon. Would like to be able just to drop that in and go as soon as it comes.

If I could only find that little bag with the servo extension wires in it...............

Wolfe
Old Feb 18, 2013, 10:25 PM
The wind caused that!!
United States, OK, Poteau
Joined Jul 2012
617 Posts
well UPS says tomorrow my swift will be here!! i already have my servo's and my props, the only thing i need to get is servo extensions. not really sure what size i need, so i'm going to wait till the plane gets here and do some measuring.

looks like the weather is going to be terrible all week, so i'll be able to take my time and get this plane put together right.
hoghead5150 is online now Find More Posts by hoghead5150
Old Feb 18, 2013, 10:54 PM
My Co-Pilots Rock!!
Joined May 2011
1,665 Posts
Sounds like a good plan. I will be anxious to hear what you think about the Swift.

Got the Katana finished up tonight - just waiting for the motor, then a few adjustments. Weather not looking great here this week either

Winds dropped down just before dark tonight - not enough time to go to the field, so I flew one battery on the Zoom (very SU-31 like) out in front of my house. Have to take off from the driveway and then make the first turn over the house across the street so I can clear the trees and light poles, then I fly over the trees and my neighbor's houses. They usually come out and watch if they see me - no one seems to mind. Not a lot of room for error, though, so I don't do it too often. Managed to land in my front yard OK and miss the palm tree - LOL - not a very big front yard. I need to perfect my harrier landings

I had a "Night Vapor" for a while - it has lights and is a micro - used to fly that at night and all the neighbors's kids would come out and watch the "pretty lights in the sky". they really liked that, but I ended up giving the plane to one of my grand kids. No more UFO's in the neighborhood - very boring here now

Wolfe
Last edited by wolfewinde; Feb 18, 2013 at 11:09 PM.
Old Feb 19, 2013, 02:16 AM
Don't take any wooden nickels
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Mar 2012
2,260 Posts
So I got my bad elevator servo out no problem, I went to replace it with a different one I had but on dry fit testing the servo shakes like crazy when I go elevator up back to neutral. It doesn't really happen from elevator down, just up, crazy. I just pulled this servo out of my 450 heli where it seemed fine. Thank goodness though, at least it went out on the bench instead of the air.

It's tuff to find good 9g mg servos that don't break the bank and that'll fit.
finguz is online now Find More Posts by finguz
Old Feb 19, 2013, 03:52 PM
The wind caused that!!
United States, OK, Poteau
Joined Jul 2012
617 Posts
well the swift is here!!! build starts tonight, and hopefully tomorrow will be the maiden.
hoghead5150 is online now Find More Posts by hoghead5150
Old Feb 19, 2013, 05:36 PM
My Co-Pilots Rock!!
Joined May 2011
1,665 Posts
YEAH - grats hoghead

Wolfe
Old Feb 19, 2013, 06:50 PM
United States, CT, South Coventry
Joined Jun 2011
134 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoghead5150 View Post
well the swift is here!!! build starts tonight, and hopefully tomorrow will be the maiden.
Mine showed up today too and the included servos are not MG

Oh well at least the MG servos from Headsup showed up yesterday. I won't be able to start the build until Thursday or Friday and if the weather cooperates I should be able to fly by this weekend.

Maybe I can try out the new GoPro Hero2 camera and get some video of the maiden flight.
Rich215 is online now Find More Posts by Rich215
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Redwing RC Slick 540
Old Feb 19, 2013, 07:46 PM
No place like cloud base......
United States, VT
Joined Aug 2012
444 Posts
Finguz- Congrads on winning the 9X!
SuperBarlow is offline Find More Posts by SuperBarlow
Old Feb 19, 2013, 07:52 PM
United States, CT, South Coventry
Joined Jun 2011
134 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperBarlow View Post
Finguz- Congrads on winning the 9X!
Lucky you....

Random Integer Generator

Here are your random numbers:

Timestamp: 2013-02-19 22:14:26 UTC

The winner is finguz -- congrats!
Rich215 is online now Find More Posts by Rich215
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Redwing RC Slick 540
Old Feb 19, 2013, 07:59 PM
Don't take any wooden nickels
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Mar 2012
2,260 Posts
Thanks guys, I've never won anything ever, I'm totally stoked! It's almost too good to be true. Anixs is awesomely generous.
finguz is online now Find More Posts by finguz