HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 07, 2012, 06:35 AM
road wart
United States, CT, Stonington
Joined Aug 2003
2,909 Posts
Joe,
does that plane have the techone motor and servo's from the combo on it?

Great flying!
racie34 is offline Find More Posts by racie34
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 07, 2012, 06:56 AM
Fort Wayne
Joined Feb 2009
4,729 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by racie34 View Post
Joe,
does that plane have the techone motor and servo's from the combo on it?

Great flying!
Just airframe. Joe used his own lightened servos, magnet wire for all wiring. Hacker motor. Plane flies extremely well. We are really impressed on how well it tracks, and agile it is.
jsmith285 is offline Find More Posts by jsmith285
Old Nov 07, 2012, 08:25 AM
road wart
Joined Aug 2003
2,909 Posts
im getting one....cool
Old Nov 07, 2012, 12:13 PM
Don't worry be happy :)
Joined Sep 2001
642 Posts
I dunno if that's a good idea.
I bought an Electrifly Citabria based on the video of Joe flying the plane in the spirit of learning to fly like Joe. It did not turn out so well... I learned alot about repairing planes made in depron, though. Every time I flew it I was afraid of crashing it so my progress was very slow.
Then I bought my first plane in EPP, now I just started flying my third EPP model and my flying has improved almost miraculously!
Only a decade of hard training left and then I will be flying like Joe!
Stark is offline Find More Posts by Stark
Old Nov 07, 2012, 12:30 PM
Fort Wayne
Joined Feb 2009
4,729 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stark View Post
I bought an Electrifly Citabria based on the video of Joe flying the plane in the spirit of learning to fly like Joe. It did not turn out so well... I learned alot about repairing planes made in depron, though. Every time I flew it I was afraid of crashing it so my progress was very slow.
Then I bought my first plane in EPP, now I just started flying my third EPP model and my flying has improved almost miraculously!
My Citabria got dunked in the pond at JR indoor. Didn't float either. But was funny to watch.
Old Nov 07, 2012, 12:37 PM
Joined Sep 2001
642 Posts
I can imagine that it was a sight to be seen!
Old Nov 07, 2012, 12:53 PM
road wart
Joined Aug 2003
2,909 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stark View Post
hardly anything I do is a good idea.......I dont fool myself into thinking any plane will let me fly like the ones in promo video's either....their demise is assured
Old Nov 07, 2012, 01:34 PM
Joined Sep 2001
642 Posts
All my EPP models is alive and well. Even the first one that I sold to a friend. The color is faded slightly and the edges is full of nicks, but nonetheless they fly great!
Old Nov 07, 2012, 01:47 PM
Fort Wayne
Joined Feb 2009
4,729 Posts
Quote:
hardly anything I do is a good idea.......I dont fool myself into thinking any plane will let me fly like the ones in promo video's either....their demise is assured
The promo's are ment to show the aircrafts capabilities. Not what you can do.
Old Nov 07, 2012, 02:47 PM
road wart
Joined Aug 2003
2,909 Posts
I can do plenty! launch and crunch! without flinching
Old Nov 07, 2012, 04:41 PM
road wart
Joined Aug 2003
2,909 Posts
Nitro put Joe's video up......Joe? are they gonna do each plane in that series video? Kinda wondering about the Venus
Old Nov 09, 2012, 08:04 PM
Joined Aug 2004
135 Posts
Quote:
Nitro put Joe's video up......Joe? are they gonna do each plane in that series video? Kinda wondering about the Venus
Loving my venus! been flying very sheepishly for the first few flights to get the hang of it, but now I'm getting more comfortable with it flying on full throws and throwing it around al over the place Flies lovely and slow too, very floaty.
khooke is offline Find More Posts by khooke
Old Nov 09, 2012, 09:01 PM
Indianapolis, IN
Joined Oct 2010
1,864 Posts
I got the Sbach to try out. Had all the electronics minus the motor, so got the motor plus kit. Hard to pass up when I have it all! The video helped as well, I am no Joe but I think I can handle it!
IndyMatt is offline Find More Posts by IndyMatt
Old Nov 10, 2012, 06:33 PM
Using foam in moderation
United States, IL, Aviston
Joined Sep 2012
633 Posts
techone energy? anyone have it?
newguy2012 is offline Find More Posts by newguy2012
Old Nov 10, 2012, 06:47 PM
United States, PA, Philadelphia
Joined Dec 2011
2,192 Posts
Energy flies similar to a Pulama, which is my first 3d plane. Great flying and easy to control since she can fly very slow. My 3 years old daughter called my Pulama a butterfly. However, she cannot handle wind well, and is more fragile than a mono-plane. Mine is still flyable after many fixes, but I decided to retire her since I only fly outdoors now. Btw, the wings are very flexible on Pulama/energy, therefore, I had to re-trim her almost every time I flew her.
Vince_TT is offline Find More Posts by Vince_TT