SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 26, 2012, 08:25 PM
Using foam in moderation
United States, IL, Aviston
Joined Sep 2012
668 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by racie34 View Post
Im gonna buy another Galaxy when they come back in stock usa warehouse....just to play I've built most of the mini piaget....we'll see what thats like in a few days. The indoor season started here today but i was busy putting a transmission in my avatar.
trans in your what??
newguy2012 is offline Find More Posts by newguy2012
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 26, 2012, 08:31 PM
Using foam in moderation
Joined Sep 2012
668 Posts
Vince- how are things? you haven't said much lately.

you guys supposed to be nailed by Frankenstorm?
Old Oct 26, 2012, 10:13 PM
road wart
United States, CT, Stonington
Joined Aug 2003
2,911 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by newguy2012 View Post
trans in your what??
in my Ranchero......one pictured in my avatar
racie34 is offline Find More Posts by racie34
Old Oct 26, 2012, 10:27 PM
United States, UT, Eagle Mountain
Joined May 2008
246 Posts
@3DD...nice Piaget, a classic, almost flies itself. IMO it put Techone on the map. Curious to see if Racie's mini flies as well...good lawdinhebbin they're cheap!
@n.g.Jason...wow, a 3d Techone P51, and (on their website) a whole series of them!...it looks bigger, badder, beautifuller, more powerful and certainly more wind resistant. If you can fly a 33", you can fly a 1 meter, wouldn't surprise me if it was easier to handle...bigger often is, but you'll need slightly more expensive gear. I've got an Exceed 2215 that'd swing a 10x4.7 for it, although it looks more to be in the 300-350 watt territory to do the 3d thang, yikes...warbirds in 3d. Goes without sayin' I want one, probably the cheesy looking P40, a Piaget and a Yak too.
dr-squared is offline Find More Posts by dr-squared
Old Oct 26, 2012, 10:29 PM
Joined May 2008
246 Posts
A Ranchero, wow, race, you're from the planet Retro...that's a good thing.
Old Oct 26, 2012, 10:50 PM
road wart
United States, CT, Stonington
Joined Aug 2003
2,911 Posts
I think the mini will be okay....I got the power system for it from GP.....so the techone motor and servos and esc with props......comes in a can!......gimme a few days to finish it up
racie34 is offline Find More Posts by racie34
Old Oct 26, 2012, 10:58 PM
United States, PA, Philadelphia
Joined Dec 2011
2,200 Posts
Quote:
http://www.nitroplanes.com/02a-407-p51-3d-epp-kit.html

Dan I would like to hear your opinion on this, I just found it today hmmmm?

also this is directed at everyone-

I am trying to start a indoor flying youth program on base(I am stationed at Scott AFB IL (next to st louis)) do you guys have suggestions for trainers for indoors for the younger ones, I am thinking Night vapor and Ember 2, thats what I learned on.
Any help would be great guys!!

J
P-51 3D, sounds like fun! all of the control surfaces are twice as large as the warbird's version, should be plenty of throws for 3D flying.

I was busy fixing my balsa Yak 54 and TechOne EPP Yak 1100mm. The balsa one I moved the ESC forward to get a better CG, but then the signal wire became a little too short. So I moved the RX forward just enough for the plug to be connected. BIG MISTAKE! Got off work early on Wednesday so I was so excited to try the balsa Yak with new CG, got to the field and sent her up in a hurry. She flew beautifully but got some weird sudden moves. I thought it must be the glitches on the TX/RX so I kept flying, after some hard tumbles, she turned inverted and slowly made an inverted loop by herself and I lost control completely. Crashed on a roof of nearby building. Fortunately, she almost tuned level at crashing and landed herself on the roof. the cowl took the hit but most of the plane were intact. (I brought a big garbage bag with me thinking I would found thousands of tooth picks.) Crash side inspection found the ESC plug was half way out, no wonder the Rx lost power. She is ready to go now but the weather does seem to cooperate. As to the TechOne Yak, she just gets material fatigue after repeatedly abused. So, I always found some cracks here and there after a couple of flights. I am considering order a new airframe and found it is on sale at Nitroplanes for $51, which is $2 more than I paid for 4 month ago. Good call, Nitroplanes..So $59 for the P-51 3D seems a bit too high for an unproven design.

Back to your question, I would think GWS Slow Stick is the cheapest/easiest way for beginner flying indoor. it's only $28 on Headsuprc.com, any 60W outrunner ($8~$10), 2x cheap 9g servos (under $3/piece) , 12A ESC ($10), and small lipos will give you tones of fun. I am going to look through my inventory and send you some motors I no longer use, so you can start your program! BTW thank you for your service!
Vince_TT is offline Find More Posts by Vince_TT
Old Oct 27, 2012, 06:33 AM
ich bauen groß modell flugzeug
United Kingdom, London
Joined Dec 2010
6,838 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr-squared View Post
@3DD...nice Piaget, a classic, almost flies itself. IMO it put Techone on the map. Curious to see if Racie's mini flies as well...good lawdinhebbin they're cheap!
@n.g.Jason...wow, a 3d Techone P51, and (on their website) a whole series of them!...it looks bigger, badder, beautifuller, more powerful and certainly more wind resistant. If you can fly a 33", you can fly a 1 meter, wouldn't surprise me if it was easier to handle...bigger often is, but you'll need slightly more expensive gear. I've got an Exceed 2215 that'd swing a 10x4.7 for it, although it looks more to be in the 300-350 watt territory to do the 3d thang, yikes...warbirds in 3d. Goes without sayin' I want one, probably the cheesy looking P40, a Piaget and a Yak too.
thanks im gonna fly it again today and if it flies as good as last time im gonna need myself another techone plane!

K
Keenan smith is offline Find More Posts by Keenan smith
Old Oct 27, 2012, 09:13 AM
Using foam in moderation
Joined Sep 2012
668 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince_TT View Post
P-51 3D, sounds like fun! all of the control surfaces are twice as large as the warbird's version, should be plenty of throws for 3D flying.

I was busy fixing my balsa Yak 54 and TechOne EPP Yak 1100mm. The balsa one I moved the ESC forward to get a better CG, but then the signal wire became a little too short. So I moved the RX forward just enough for the plug to be connected. BIG MISTAKE! Got off work early on Wednesday so I was so excited to try the balsa Yak with new CG, got to the field and sent her up in a hurry. She flew beautifully but got some weird sudden moves. I thought it must be the glitches on the TX/RX so I kept flying, after some hard tumbles, she turned inverted and slowly made an inverted loop by herself and I lost control completely. Crashed on a roof of nearby building. Fortunately, she almost tuned level at crashing and landed herself on the roof. the cowl took the hit but most of the plane were intact. (I brought a big garbage bag with me thinking I would found thousands of tooth picks.) Crash side inspection found the ESC plug was half way out, no wonder the Rx lost power. She is ready to go now but the weather does seem to cooperate. As to the TechOne Yak, she just gets material fatigue after repeatedly abused. So, I always found some cracks here and there after a couple of flights. I am considering order a new airframe and found it is on sale at Nitroplanes for $51, which is $2 more than I paid for 4 month ago. Good call, Nitroplanes..So $59 for the P-51 3D seems a bit too high for an unproven design.

Back to your question, I would think GWS Slow Stick is the cheapest/easiest way for beginner flying indoor. it's only $28 on Headsuprc.com, any 60W outrunner ($8~$10), 2x cheap 9g servos (under $3/piece) , 12A ESC ($10), and small lipos will give you tones of fun. I am going to look through my inventory and send you some motors I no longer use, so you can start your program! BTW thank you for your service!
first off Thank you Vince ( you made our christmas card list)!!

I like the looks of that new P 51, its pretty.

The Slow Stick is a beaut, I have always wanted one.
I would like for the base to let us use the hangar but they keep parking aircraft in there!Vince what about that storm thats headed your way? hear anything on it?

sorry to hear you crashed!
J
Old Oct 27, 2012, 09:38 AM
Using foam in moderation
Joined Sep 2012
668 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3DDFHobbies View Post
thanks im gonna fly it again today and if it flies as good as last time im gonna need myself another techone plane!

K
I want to find someone who owns one and see how they like it, I have to wait until more $$ comes about prob after christmas, oh well maybe we can find someone with this and see if she is any good?
Old Oct 27, 2012, 09:54 AM
Using foam in moderation
Joined Sep 2012
668 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by racie34 View Post
in my Ranchero......one pictured in my avatar
nice car/truck!!!!

they are neat vehicles!!
Old Oct 27, 2012, 10:15 AM
ich bauen groß modell flugzeug
United Kingdom, London
Joined Dec 2010
6,838 Posts
Quote:
I want to find someone who owns one and see how they like it, I have to wait until more $$ comes about prob after christmas, oh well maybe we can find someone with this and see if she is any good?
She Flies Crazzzy Awesome!
Keenan smith is offline Find More Posts by Keenan smith
Old Oct 27, 2012, 10:28 AM
Using foam in moderation
Joined Sep 2012
668 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3DDFHobbies View Post
She Flies Crazzzy Awesome!
the 3d P 51? got any photos? whats your setup?
Old Oct 27, 2012, 10:38 AM
Joined May 2008
246 Posts
+1 on the thanks to Jason, good for kids, good for the hobby...r/c was gettin' kinda stagnant until the advent of cheap, reliable motors, batteries and esc's. I agree with Vince about the cost of the Techone 3d warbird series being a bit high, probably not enough to stop me from getting one, just enough to bitch a little. I think the AS2216 they recommend for it is going to be a little small though, but who knows, they they were spot on with the 33" P51. I'll likely try one out since I have gear lying around, but I'm not looking forward to cold weather flying. May God protect our Techone brothers back east next week. Oh, almost forgot......Chow!
Old Oct 27, 2012, 10:44 AM
Joined May 2008
246 Posts
I think 3DD was referring to his Piaget, Jason. And they are crazy awesome. However, like you, I would love to talk to the owner of a 3d warbird. I'm partial to the P40...it will be delightfully cheesy with a mid wing. I'm gonna fly in a couple hours...once it gets above 45!