SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 17, 2012, 01:54 PM
Using foam in moderation
United States, IL, Aviston
Joined Sep 2012
633 Posts
the weather in southwest IL really stinks lately!!
newguy2012 is offline Find More Posts by newguy2012
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 17, 2012, 08:45 PM
United States, UT, Eagle Mountain
Joined May 2008
246 Posts
Weather here in the west was great Sunday, flew many flights, including several with my 4 year old beloved PZ T-28 off of a school soccer field. Techone P-51 also saw much action. Been windy since...we all must fly much before...the...season...ENDS Gonna have to spend some time over on the Slicko thread since that's what I'm building next, although I'm thinking of getting the high wing Techone trainer for some camera work. Got a bad EPP habit...
dr-squared is offline Find More Posts by dr-squared
Old Oct 18, 2012, 03:11 PM
Using foam in moderation
Joined Sep 2012
633 Posts
Oh this damn wind!!!!!
Old Oct 19, 2012, 08:40 AM
Joined Jul 2012
163 Posts
Maidened +4 on my Techone Swift. I purchased the kit version from Nitroplanes and supplied my own gear. Using Emax BL2810/12 & Skypower 30A esc from Headsup, , 11 x 4.7 slowfly prop. 1300 3s up to 2200 3s, 9 gram servos. What a great plane this is. Power is excellent. hovers easily, will climb out of sight if you want that. Very stable and gentle as a park flyer, and precise at high speed. The neatest thing is how floaty it is with the power off. It will float right in and land at your feet as softly as a high wing trainer. Stall is very level with no wing drop one way or the other. It harriers good on the 1300 3s, but not so well on 2200 3s as it becomes a bit nose heavy. It flew great either way, you just have to know what you can and can't do when changing battery sizes. The landing gear is a bit springy, and the plywood mount shattered right away, so some strengthening is needed there, but I was expecting that having read about it on these forums. So i had to hand launch it {underhand}, and it just flies straight away from you with ease. I've been flying 32" profile foamies the last few months, and this was my first try at a bigger 3d foamy. I really liked the feel of a bigger plane for a change, I may have to order another for when this is worn out. Highly recommend this plane
markl22 is offline Find More Posts by markl22
Old Oct 19, 2012, 11:01 PM
Joined May 2008
246 Posts
I have yet to encounter a Techone ship that doesn't have that floaty quality as part of it's flight envelope...I like that. Swift looks huge, I'll just bet it has that big plane feel. Lots of big, thick epp...that's the way I like 'em. Just set up my Tristania with 3s for the first time, flew fanfrickintastic even though I added 20 grams to it. Cheers to all, hope your getting fall flights in, although it sounds like Jason (newguy) is getting skunked, keep the faith baby.
Old Oct 20, 2012, 07:58 AM
Joined Jul 2012
43 Posts
I haven't been able to get out and fly either, here in Southern California. It's been too hot and sunny.

All kidding aside, I don't know how you midwesterners live through the winters. Cheers and happy flying.
gromit38 is offline Find More Posts by gromit38
Old Oct 20, 2012, 09:24 AM
Joined May 2008
246 Posts
Too hot and sunny...you be rubbin' it in...as you should
Old Oct 20, 2012, 11:15 AM
Joined Jul 2012
43 Posts
Here is a picture from my bike ride this morning. I did have to climb above the clouds to get it though. http://t.co/VC5XZg0l
Old Oct 20, 2012, 12:13 PM
Using foam in moderation
Joined Sep 2012
633 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr-squared View Post
I have yet to encounter a Techone ship that doesn't have that floaty quality as part of it's flight envelope...I like that. Swift looks huge, I'll just bet it has that big plane feel. Lots of big, thick epp...that's the way I like 'em. Just set up my Tristania with 3s for the first time, flew fanfrickintastic even though I added 20 grams to it. Cheers to all, hope your getting fall flights in, although it sounds like Jason (newguy) is getting skunked, keep the faith baby.
the wind has backed off a little today, gonna risk it this afternoon a soon s the honey do list gets a little shorter!!
Last edited by newguy2012; Oct 20, 2012 at 12:31 PM.
Old Oct 20, 2012, 12:17 PM
Using foam in moderation
Joined Sep 2012
633 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gromit38 View Post
I haven't been able to get out and fly either, here in Southern California. It's been too hot and sunny.

All kidding aside, I don't know how you midwesterners live through the winters. Cheers and happy flying.
too funny! we survive just fine!! I know i will be bundling myself and the 5 year old
up to go fly this winter! nice photo man, bike like bicycle or motorcycle?
Old Oct 20, 2012, 04:25 PM
Using foam in moderation
Joined Sep 2012
633 Posts
ran a batt though her with 1 bifff into the ground(nerves), after that we did somefull throttle loops and rolls- it was awesome!! now i have a problem and not sure whats wrong, motor only goes to about 1/4 throttle? not enough to sustain flight. I broke the nose clean off this time got her going back together now as we speak but is my ESC messed up?

J
many thanks
Old Oct 20, 2012, 07:09 PM
Joined Jul 2012
43 Posts
Bicycle. Tour of California route up Mt Baldy. Didn't quite finish.
Old Oct 20, 2012, 08:51 PM
Using foam in moderation
Joined Sep 2012
633 Posts
took my neighbor up with his hobby zone????? neat plane all in all a bit touchy for a trainer no idea what model it is but I think after a few flights it will be just fine!!
Old Oct 20, 2012, 08:57 PM
Using foam in moderation
Joined Sep 2012
633 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gromit38 View Post
Bicycle. Tour of California route up Mt Baldy. Didn't quite finish.
good for you friend!
Old Oct 20, 2012, 09:11 PM
United States, PA, Philadelphia
Joined Dec 2011
2,192 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by newguy2012 View Post
ran a batt though her with 1 bifff into the ground(nerves), after that we did somefull throttle loops and rolls- it was awesome!! now i have a problem and not sure whats wrong, motor only goes to about 1/4 throttle? not enough to sustain flight. I broke the nose clean off this time got her going back together now as we speak but is my ESC messed up?

J
many thanks
First thing I will re-bind the RX. Sometimes you need to reset the throttle range on your TX/RX after a crash. Remove the prop, turn on your TX with throttle to the maximum, and then power up your RX, you are supposed to hear some chain of bi-bi, move the throttle to the bottom and then you should hear the regular arming sound. If it is still not working, find the manual of your ESC and reset everything to default. Still not working? then check all the solder joints.

Also, always turn the throttle down when you are expecting a crash. If the plane crashes at even half throttle, the sudden prop strike will create amp spike that would kill your ESC and motor. My friend's kid burned two set of motor/ESC combo of mine already.
Vince_TT is offline Find More Posts by Vince_TT