HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 29, 2012, 10:39 AM
3D Crazy
Putrajaya, Malaysia
Joined May 2010
796 Posts
I'm in too since I've been flying Techone plane especially Piaget since 3 years ago. Now my son and most of my buddys also have this model. Here is our video as contribution to this thread. Hope you enjoy it.................

Wetland 22 April 2012 Nex5N (2 min 17 sec)

Wetland 30hb October 2011 (7 min 19 sec)

Rolling Harrier with Piaget part 1. Wetland, Putrajaya, Malaysia. (2 min 45 sec)
Meez is offline Find More Posts by Meez
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 29, 2012, 01:11 PM
United States, PA, Philadelphia
Joined Dec 2011
2,200 Posts
Steve, I too had built some down/right thrust at the beginning, but soon realized that was not necessary. I use Skylipo 2S 800mah 20c as well. Prefect fit for flying in low wind. I also use 500mah for indoor/no wind condition where my Pulama will just float in the air at less then half throttle. My two years old son called that plane "fish in the sky".

Meez: Every one wore short sleeves in October and no wind, what a dream!
Great vedio, even though it's tough to tell who was flying which...all Piaget!
Vince_TT is online now Find More Posts by Vince_TT
Old Jun 29, 2012, 03:37 PM
Huesca, Spain
Joined Aug 2009
543 Posts
[QUOTE=Vince_TT;22030650]Steve, I too had built some down/right thrust at the beginning, but soon realized that was not necessary. I use Skylipo 2S 800mah 20c as well. Prefect fit for flying in low wind. I also use 500mah for indoor/no wind condition where my Pulama will just float in the air at less then half throttle. My two years old son called that plane "fish in the sky".

Thanks once again for your invaluable insight Vince. Then, I will build in the firewall parallel to stock which will make things easier.

Steve.
stevespana is offline Find More Posts by stevespana
Old Jul 04, 2012, 11:31 PM
Joined Dec 2011
2,200 Posts
Steve, did you maiden your Pulama? I have many flights in my Yak 54 1100mm during the holiday, and finally figured out how to do a KE spin on her. . And have many harrier landings without knocking the LG out! Now the Yak starts growing on me after I got passed her "heavy" feel in comparison to Pulama. So, the Yak will see more air time now until I find an indoor field for Pulama.
Old Jul 05, 2012, 05:32 AM
Huesca, Spain
Joined Aug 2009
543 Posts
Hi Vince,

Sorry to report that I haven't even started the build yet. Pretty poor I know but, I've had other "unforeseen" things to do first in order to keep the other half happy!

In addition, I have other models that need a little TLC and fine tuning to get them how I like them. When I have that sorted I'll begin the Pulama build in earnest.

Steve.
stevespana is offline Find More Posts by stevespana
Old Jul 09, 2012, 01:42 PM
Joined Dec 2011
2,200 Posts
Take your time Steve, it's summer time, no need to be hurry in anything.

I took the advantage of NO-BODY-THAT-STUPID-STAYING-OUTDOOR-IN-HEAT-WAVE and flew as much as I could with the Yak54 in the past weekends, Probably 12~15 flights in total and the Yak could bear more heat than I. Three cheap Chinese brand batteries puffed pretty good, but the Gens ACE still delivered great power. Finally did a Pop-top, I need a lot of speed and cut the throttle really quick to do that. Also felt comfortable getting in and out of KE spins but still working on tighten the spins. By the end of the day, I was so exhausted and lost my concentration, I did a inverted blender/flat spin and the Yak just direct spun into the ground. I flipped her over at the very last second, so a bent LG only. But after flight inspection, I found many hair cracks at the battery bay toward the wing, and the CF road separated from the wood motor mount. Easy fix for everything but I am wondering if these were contributed by the high power snap rolls and KE spins? Any one has the same issues?
Last edited by Vince_TT; Jul 09, 2012 at 01:50 PM.
Old Jul 11, 2012, 11:58 AM
United States, MN, South St Paul
Joined Dec 2011
550 Posts
techone swift

hello, i just got my swift put together last night going to maiden today. can anyone recommend a CG? manual says 120-130mm from LE. i have it set at 121mm form LE measured upside down on my CG Machine.

i am using the stock motor and a 2200mah 3s zippy.

thank you.
Saqueeb is offline Find More Posts by Saqueeb
Last edited by Saqueeb; Jul 11, 2012 at 12:04 PM.
Old Jul 11, 2012, 01:13 PM
United States, PA
Joined Aug 2011
321 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveCoen View Post
hello, i just got my swift put together last night going to maiden today. can anyone recommend a CG? manual says 120-130mm from LE. i have it set at 121mm form LE measured upside down on my CG Machine.

i am using the stock motor and a 2200mah 3s zippy.

thank you.
Should be okay at 121mm from LE if the manual says 120-130mm. You will probably end up a little bit nose heavy as most manufacturers set their recommended CG towards the nose for successful maiden. From there, you may move the CG back to suit your flying style. Good luck with the maiden!
epphobby is offline Find More Posts by epphobby
Site Sponsor
Old Jul 13, 2012, 02:04 PM
Joined Jul 2012
43 Posts
I have already maidened my extra. After a few years off, I found that most of my pilot skills have left me, but that is not the point. In assembly, did anyone else have to carve out foam to get the proper elevator and rudder movement? I think the slot for my elevator stab was cut too long. It flies well, but I am just curious. Also what prop are people using with the 900mm app planes?
gromit38 is offline Find More Posts by gromit38
Old Aug 20, 2012, 12:04 AM
can't buy vaporware
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Nov 2011
8,486 Posts
The following video should be ready in about 90 minutes...my son, who took a 2 month break from flying, is getting back into the groove. He's 11 now, and getting ready to fly his Extreme Flight Extra MXS. Meantime, this is a Tech One Yak 54 (he bought this plane himself--but not the extra).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzKxk_qwSNQ
7oneWo1f is offline Find More Posts by 7oneWo1f
Old Sep 15, 2012, 10:02 AM
Using foam in moderation
United States, IL, Aviston
Joined Sep 2012
668 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by khen View Post
I've flown a lot of the TechOne planes (I'm a dealer). Are you running the AT2216 motor in the SU? With a 10" or 11" prop? What motor/battery are you running in the FunFly?
your a dealer? do you sell the Techone P 51 33''? kit? if so what kind of price do you have on it?
thanks
newguy2012 is offline Find More Posts by newguy2012
Last edited by newguy2012; Sep 15, 2012 at 10:08 AM.
Old Sep 19, 2012, 08:05 PM
United States, UT, Eagle Mountain
Joined May 2008
246 Posts
I'm checking in as a Techone owner...I fly a Tristania(Spirit) and a 33" P51. Love 'em both. The Spirit totally taught me to hover and use all my sticks and the P51 makes aerobatic/sport/scale flying in a smaller space possible because of it's low speeds (if desired). I haven't met many owners of this plane...shame because I think it's a dandy and probably underrated.
dr-squared is offline Find More Posts by dr-squared
Old Sep 20, 2012, 11:15 AM
Joined Aug 2004
135 Posts
I received my Venus from nitroplanes (very fast shipping!) this week and have been busily assembling :-) Still waiting for my radio and batteries to arrive from HK though... hoping they arrive for the weekend so I can maiden it this weekend, but most likely will be the following weekend.
khooke is offline Find More Posts by khooke
Old Sep 23, 2012, 12:25 PM
Using foam in moderation
United States, IL, Aviston
Joined Sep 2012
668 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr-squared View Post
I'm checking in as a Techone owner...I fly a Tristania(Spirit) and a 33" P51. Love 'em both. The Spirit totally taught me to hover and use all my sticks and the P51 makes aerobatic/sport/scale flying in a smaller space possible because of it's low speeds (if desired). I haven't met many owners of this plane...shame because I think it's a dandy and probably underrated.
just ordered the P51 yesterday- fingers crossed, what size batts you run in it?
slow speeds and durability was what I was looking for, thanks for the positive input!!

J
newguy2012 is offline Find More Posts by newguy2012
Old Sep 24, 2012, 09:54 PM
United States, UT, Eagle Mountain
Joined May 2008
246 Posts
Newguy, I'm using Turnigy 3s 500mAh 20C at 50g weight with supplied 8040 prop. I found that with the 1000mA's some have used it was a bit nose heavy. While it was very stable in that configuration, it flys much slower and almost floaty at the lighter weight. You may prefer the speed and power of the bigger ones, many do. I am pleased with the sport aerobatic qualities and the lower speeds with the lighter however. It is still a warbird and at too slow a speed doing aerobatics it can still stall. Nosed it in twice this past weekend "exploring" itls limits (ok, I was flying like crap) and broke the nose into three pieces. Fixed with Welder's (you really should get some), let dry overnight and good as new and invisible next day. In fact, after repeated stupidity, glued joints held with same crash! So, it can break at the nose due to all the holes up there, but, it repairs nicely without affecting flight qualities. Is this your first 4ch aileron bird? Be advised that thet are "pointy" and do not self correct. You will like that after awhile, I assure you. I launch underhand at 3/4 throttle. Let me know of your experiences and I'll share mine! Thanks, Dan
dr-squared is offline Find More Posts by dr-squared