HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 10, 2012, 05:55 PM
San Bernardino California U.S.A.
Joined Dec 2009
1,328 Posts
Build Log
A micro indoor Playboy

I have, under construction, a Sr Playboy, but am feeling somewhat overwelmed by tha sheer size of it!

I've been thinking of going in the opposite direction, a micro! I'm thinking of something in the neiborhood of 18" WS .....

Since I'm thinking in terms of what's currently popular here, I'm thinking of 3Ch R/C micro gear, like stealing the gear out of one of those micro RTF foamies .....

The Idea would be to go to Kinko's & copy "real" playboy plans at about, 22%?

Well, at this point, it's just a discussion, but it could become a build log real quick, as I like the idea ov a micro I could fly where I usually work (real big parking lot), or a lot of other places, for that matter! including indoors.

So, wadia-all think?

Laramie.
Laramie is offline Find More Posts by Laramie
Last edited by Laramie; Mar 10, 2012 at 07:57 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 10, 2012, 06:34 PM
Ceder Rapids,Ia
Joined Jan 2007
222 Posts
hell ya sure wish you would
been looking for that for some time
only i want one for the bluewonder
not sure of wing span
will keep watching
Marty
Marty Slater is offline Find More Posts by Marty Slater
Old Mar 10, 2012, 07:17 PM
Obviously I'm a "Minus Member"
USA, MA, Longmeadow
Joined Jun 2003
1,828 Posts
Bigger than a micro, and smaller than what a blue wonder would power. But easy to build and flies great. http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...t=little+bogie

Mark
buzzltyr is offline Find More Posts by buzzltyr
Old Mar 10, 2012, 07:27 PM
Joined Dec 2009
1,328 Posts
Whatia mean, Marty?

Huh?

The idea is an 18' WS Playboy, E-power, with one of these new-fangled micro-systems, & I just got off the phone with my "flying buddie", Dayhead (user name), & he's got enough jucked "Playmates" (Hobbico Micro R/C RTF's) for "donners" for the both of us!

You see, he doesn't like "to build" ...

... so he just keeps buying RTF's! (LOL)

So stay tuned, This thread will soon be changed to a build thread. You see, my flying buddie, Dayhead is out actually flying, he not only plays with toys, he is crazy enough to actually jump off a perfectually good mountain, & "hang-glide"!

So maybe next week we'll start the build thread!

Laramie.
Old Mar 10, 2012, 07:54 PM
Joined Dec 2009
1,328 Posts
Thanks, but ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzltyr View Post
Bigger than a micro, and smaller than what a blue wonder would power. But easy to build and flies great. http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...t=little+bogie

Mark
.... no thanks, not that there's anything wrong with it, but a "beeper motor wouldn't even get it off the ground!

I really want something with that "classic" look, & the target weight, all-up, is, 30Grs max. That way, it'll replace the airframe of a lot of RTF micro's out there (some assembly required!)

By the way, Cleveland Air Lines has a Playboy at 36" WS listed in their catalog (plans only) ...

But thanks for posting here, & with a link, no less!

Laramie.
Old Mar 10, 2012, 08:01 PM
Joined Dec 2009
1,328 Posts
From "discussion" to "build log".

Well, I just talked to my flying buddie, & he's agreed to provide the "guts" or gear ...

... so it looks like it's "on & crackin'"!

Laramie.
Old Mar 10, 2012, 08:33 PM
Rio Rancho NM
Joined Dec 2004
1,256 Posts
In case you're feeling a bit lazy http://www.aalmps.com/mlpics1m_z.html (mini set two) has a short kit. Also includes the Record Breaker and Trenton Terror. You could build one of the others for your bud while you're at it.

scrubs
scrubs is offline Find More Posts by scrubs
Old Mar 13, 2012, 01:52 PM
Joined Dec 2009
1,328 Posts
Me lazy?

Nah, not me! Actually, the plan is to go to Kinko's, & get the "Cleveland" Playboy Sr. printed-reduced to about 18" WS ...

... anyway, there isn't much to it, after plotting the wing & stabalizer ribs.

But thanks for the link, there might be someone a bit less builder-inclined out there.

With the weather forecast the way it is, I know I won't be doing much in the next week or so. It' going to be too cold for me, in my open air shop!

Laramie.