SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 18, 2012, 11:39 PM
Joined May 2011
656 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_marty View Post
please read the manual....it states the easiest way to set up a Heli is to select the 6ch HELI TEMPLATE
At least for one which needs CCPM in the tx. Otherwise it would be much simpler...
FDR_ is offline Find More Posts by FDR_
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 19, 2012, 12:06 AM
Seattle, WA
Joined Jun 2007
143 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FDR_ View Post
Pitch is the 6th channel. Use an Expo&DR template for it as a starting point, set src=THR, function some curve type, switch 1 and 2 to fmod1 and fmod2, and click on mid and low rate to release the link to the first function, so you can setup 3 different curves.

The other possibility to use a complex mixer with 3 pages...
Thank you, didn't realize 6ch is pitch. At first it didn't work still, but after a few trial and error, I found out when I first did the calibration in Phoenix RC, since channel 6 wasn't set up, there was no input, so it was never calibrated, so it didn't register. A fresh set up after I set up the proper curve worked.
upa123 is offline Find More Posts by upa123
Old Sep 19, 2012, 12:07 AM
Seattle, WA
Joined Jun 2007
143 Posts
Quick bug to report as well on Devinition. If you try to remove a channel after changing the src back to None, in the Mixer screen, the src would still show the previous setting even though it no longer applies.
Old Sep 19, 2012, 01:03 AM
Joined May 2011
656 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by upa123 View Post
Quick bug to report as well on Devinition. If you try to remove a channel after changing the src back to None, in the Mixer screen, the src would still show the previous setting even though it no longer applies.
Could you describe what channel config was that, and how you tried to reset, step by step, so I could reproduce...
Old Sep 19, 2012, 01:24 AM
Seattle, WA
Joined Jun 2007
143 Posts
Sure thing. Here it is using a new model:

Steps to repro:
1. Select a new model.
2. Click on Heli icon to go into Mixer menu.
3. Click on "None" that's corresponding with Ch6.
4. Change "None" to "Simple".
5. Click on "OK"
6. Click on "Simple" that's corresponding with Ch6 to go back in again.
7. Change "Simple" back to "None".
8. Click on "OK".

Results:
The button on the right changed back to "None", but the text in the middle, in this case, ELE DR, didn't go away.

Expected Results:
Once the template gets changed back to None, the text should go away as well.
Old Sep 19, 2012, 01:52 AM
Joined Dec 2011
258 Posts
It should be changed at FW1.1.2. At least for virtual channels.
vlad_vy is online now Find More Posts by vlad_vy
Old Sep 19, 2012, 02:44 AM
Joined May 2011
656 Posts
I've just tried on the emulator (v.1.1.1), and it clears the source title...
Old Sep 19, 2012, 03:00 AM
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Oct 2011
847 Posts
Hi FDR, I am using your gcp setting on my gcp and would like to know what is ch7 DR setting on Mix1 & mix2 for? Was it for (gyro)? It show the curve on 90, 80 & 70
OnceAFly is offline Find More Posts by OnceAFly
Last edited by OnceAFly; Sep 19, 2012 at 03:10 AM.
Old Sep 19, 2012, 03:04 AM
Joined May 2011
656 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gektor View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by FDR_ View Post
Pitch is the 6th channel. Use an Expo&DR template for it as a starting point, set src=THR, function some curve type, switch 1 and 2 to fmod1 and fmod2, and click on mid and low rate to release the link to the first function, so you can setup 3 different curves.

The other possibility to use a complex mixer with 3 pages...
You said earlier on, you like to keep Things as simple as possible. I'm terribly sorry, but this sounds horribly complicated! Isn't it?
I don't think it is "horribly complicated".
I meant as simple as possible this way:
If I only want one pitch curve for all the flight modes (as I actually use in my indoor Genius setup), then I only have to do it once on a simple mixer.
However in the original fw I had to setup that curve for all the flight modes to work like that.
BTW the original only allows you to change pitch curves by flight modes. Oops.
Old Sep 19, 2012, 03:14 AM
Joined May 2011
656 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnceAFly View Post
Hi FDR, I am using your gcp setting on my gcp and would like to know what is ch7 DR setting on Mix1 & mix2 for? Was it for (gyro)? It show the curve on 90, 80 & 70
Yes, it is for gyro, and is configured to be switchable by the mix switch.
I don't know if your DEVO6 has a three way mix switch...
Of course you can fine tune those values, or simplify it to one value if you choose the simple mixer instead...
Old Sep 19, 2012, 03:35 AM
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Oct 2011
847 Posts
My devo6 have only 2 way for DR and i have just change the mix switch for stunt mode & gyro trigger, DR switch for throttle hold so i have fmod switch for my leds on / off! Really great help on the sample as it make more easy to understand now! Many Thanks again! now i have to figure out how to set up my 450 quad

Edit: How do I reset the timer?
Last edited by OnceAFly; Sep 19, 2012 at 03:44 AM.
Old Sep 19, 2012, 03:46 AM
Joined May 2011
656 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnceAFly View Post
My devo6 have only 2 way for DR and i have just change the mix switch for stunt mode & gyro trigger, DR switch for throttle hold so i have fmod switch for my leds on / off! Really great help on the sample as it make more easy to understand now! Many Thanks again! now i have to figure out how to set up my 450 quad

Edit: How do I reset the timer?
I think I need to edit my genius post to a more detailed description about the switches it uses...

Quads are easier...

A long touch on the timer box will reset it, and I think a long EXT press will do it too...
Old Sep 19, 2012, 04:16 AM
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Oct 2011
847 Posts
Ok got it thanks!
Old Sep 19, 2012, 09:47 PM
Joined Dec 2011
118 Posts
PhracturedBlue,

I got this now:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/-/3706412772...E:L:OC:US:3160

it says it's 85dBA, (all of them are pretty much this much). The only difference is the resistance and the voltage range. For the loudest one, should it be less resistance and lower voltage range?

Is there anyway in code to make this any louder? This one is about the same size as the stock one. It sounds about the same loudness also. I still haven't opened up my spektrum dx 7s to see what they're using. It's like 3-4x louder than the devo 8s.

I also bought some others that are just passive buzzers, which should be the same as this. They haven't come yet, so I have not test if they're any louder.
briareos7777 is offline Find More Posts by briareos7777
Old Sep 19, 2012, 11:03 PM
Joined Dec 2011
118 Posts
Phractured,

A new quad that supposedly has it's own protocol 2.4ghz. I'm not sure what chip they're using though:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1733760
briareos7777 is offline Find More Posts by briareos7777