Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Sep 16, 2012, 01:09 PM
Joined Jan 2012
682 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palle_Plutt View Post
PB is there any planing for a release with telemetry?
Maybe a ETA?

//Paul
I've already got the code to hook it up to the main screen done. The pieces that are missing are the code to read it from the radio, and any telemetry related configuration (which I haven't thought enough about to even know what that means yet)
I expect the next (non-patch) release will either include telemetry or Devo10 support). I don't know which it will be yet nor when I might get it done.
PhracturedBlue is offline Find More Posts by PhracturedBlue
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 16, 2012, 01:37 PM
<Marty>
United States, KY, Springfield
Joined Jul 2011
1,820 Posts
good deal on a Devo8 if anybody is looking....

http://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=454223
magic_marty is online now Find More Posts by magic_marty
Old Sep 16, 2012, 04:03 PM
Joined Feb 2010
99 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by briareos7777 View Post
I'm able to bind to 3 different mcp x fine. It keeps the bind also. I just set a fix id then hit bind. If it doesn't bind, maybe try a different fixed id value.

I'm also able to bind to my mqx fine.
fixed ID solved it, thanks... .
kcornels is offline Find More Posts by kcornels
Old Sep 16, 2012, 04:41 PM
Sweden, Helsingborg
Joined Jun 2012
2,722 Posts
PhracturedBlue @ is the deviation firmware using generic usb storage drivers or do you need install a separate one?

Im specifically asking as Im wondering what would happen if you connect it to a android device that supports usb host. If it does you could basically turn a devo 7E/10 into a touchscreen model if the gui simulator was ported.
Would be awesome for all of us with 7" tablets or smartphones with larger screens .

An alternative would be if adhoc wifi could be implemented considering it should be the same frequency range. Guessing this would be a pita to do though.
Xermalk is offline Find More Posts by Xermalk
Old Sep 16, 2012, 05:56 PM
Germany
Joined Jun 2012
167 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xermalk View Post
PhracturedBlue @ is the deviation firmware using generic usb storage drivers or do you need install a separate one?

Im specifically asking as Im wondering what would happen if you connect it to a android device that supports usb host. If it does you could basically turn a devo 7E/10 into a touchscreen model if the gui simulator was ported.
Would be awesome for all of us with 7" tablets or smartphones with larger screens .

An alternative would be if adhoc wifi could be implemented considering it should be the same frequency range. Guessing this would be a pita to do though.
Thank you for sharing the great Idea

But: Making a usable Android touch enabled App requires some tough GUI Programming too. If you just take the current Deviation-Sim and put it to Android Phone, you won't be able to use it with your fingers because of the small buttons.
gektor is offline Find More Posts by gektor
Old Sep 16, 2012, 06:34 PM
Joined Oct 2009
138 Posts
Do you think the 9X hardware is capable of running a walkera $9.99 upgrade TX module. Meaning if someone wanted to hack in the module and program the 9X to run the various protocols like you are doing with Deviation.
Micro Buzzer is offline Find More Posts by Micro Buzzer
Old Sep 16, 2012, 06:48 PM
United Kingdom, Bristol
Joined Aug 2008
1,774 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Micro Buzzer View Post
Do you think the 9X hardware is capable of running a walkera $9.99 upgrade TX module. Meaning if someone wanted to hack in the module and program the 9X to run the various protocols like you are doing with Deviation.
'IF' someone wrote code then yes, kinda ppm to devo rf protocol.
Every one could use that with any tx....PB wouldn't have the time.

I keep hoping it will get done but I'll get devo 6s/7x/10 which ever is cheapest and live with having fg i don't get to use much...missing out on all the fun not flown GeniusCP since Xmas ( no throttle hold on old TX) .
SadSack is offline Find More Posts by SadSack
Old Sep 16, 2012, 06:54 PM
Joined Jan 2012
682 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xermalk View Post

USB brings the system pretty close to its limits. there isn't much room for doing much else when USB is active. I don't think the Devo is the proper platform for a mod like this.
Old Sep 16, 2012, 06:57 PM
Joined Jan 2012
682 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Micro Buzzer View Post
I'm not sure if the 9x has a SPI interface exposed. If you want to run Devo with the 9x at the moment, your best bet is probably hammer22's mod (which he also hasn't ported Devo to last I heard, but at least the interface to the module is there).

I think the ersky9x module could probably run Deviation, though I haven't dug into it. Maybe some-day after I'm done with all the Devo transmitters I'll look into that.
Old Sep 16, 2012, 07:32 PM
Team WarpSquad
Japan, Tokyo
Joined Jun 2011
2,803 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhracturedBlue View Post
The reason I haven't unloaded mine yet, is that I keep thinking that I can replace the screen with a Turnigy9x type aftermarket and get it working. If you could spend $8 ($5 for the screen, $3 for a programmer) to turn the devo7 into something close to a devo10, that seems like it might be worthwhile.
You'll have to do a full build log for that one... or maybe just have done and set up a retro fit line and charge a fist full of dollars for the switch of Devo 7 to Deviation 7PB.

I have 2x D7s (by chance, not by choice) and there are 2 reasons to keep them... 1 I can do 'Training' and 2 if something else breaks on another TX I can cannibalise them for spares.
thwaitm is online now Find More Posts by thwaitm
Old Sep 16, 2012, 07:41 PM
Joined Dec 2011
118 Posts
Regarding the autobind with the fixed id on start up.

I think the UI can just have another option under Fixed ID when the devo protocol is chosen:

"Auto with Fixed ID:" "YES/NO" (Button)
briareos7777 is offline Find More Posts by briareos7777
Old Sep 16, 2012, 08:00 PM
Joined Dec 2011
118 Posts
I changed the code to do the auto bind with the fixed ID, and tested it. The fixed ID is settable to the one that it binds with. I see the led light blinking when setting the fixed id now. (I had the heli in rate mode before (led light not on), now it's in HH (led light on)).
briareos7777 is offline Find More Posts by briareos7777
Old Sep 16, 2012, 10:53 PM
Seattle, WA
Joined Jun 2007
143 Posts
PhracturedBlue, thank you for all your hard work on this, this is amazing! I just bought a Devo 8 because of this! I know you said previously you don't want to be compensated for this, but I am sure a lot of people wouldn't mind chipping in for some beer fund while you work! Drunk coding is the fun, bad for your code reviewers though.
upa123 is online now Find More Posts by upa123
Old Sep 16, 2012, 11:04 PM
Seattle, WA
Joined Jun 2007
143 Posts
Can someone help clarify a bit on how Expo/DR works with Devenition?

I am flying a QR Ladybug, and keep the EXPO pretty high to keep it super mellow so my daughter could fly around the house. I started out by using the Simple template and set everything (ELE, AIL, THR, RUD) with a Scale to 40. That seems to work well, but once I switch to the Expo/DR template, things didn't go as well. What I did for all the channels is I change Switch1 to AIL DR, and then leave the Scale at 100. My intention is if AIL DR switch is at 0, it would keep the scale at 40, and if I switch it to 1, it would be the twitchy bug with no Expo.

What I found was as soon as I did that, even with AIL DR at 0, the bug is twitchy as if no Expo is set. Once I change back to Simple template, everything was fine.

Any suggestions? Thanks!
upa123 is online now Find More Posts by upa123
Old Sep 16, 2012, 11:42 PM
Joined May 2011
655 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by upa123 View Post
Can someone help clarify a bit on how Expo/DR works with Devenition?

I am flying a QR Ladybug, and keep the EXPO pretty high to keep it super mellow so my daughter could fly around the house. I started out by using the Simple template and set everything (ELE, AIL, THR, RUD) with a Scale to 40. That seems to work well, but once I switch to the Expo/DR template, things didn't go as well. What I did for all the channels is I change Switch1 to AIL DR, and then leave the Scale at 100. My intention is if AIL DR switch is at 0, it would keep the scale at 40, and if I switch it to 1, it would be the twitchy bug with no Expo.

What I found was as soon as I did that, even with AIL DR at 0, the bug is twitchy as if no Expo is set. Once I change back to Simple template, everything was fine.

Any suggestions? Thanks!
Your Expo&DR template should be like this:
src=the source stick, i.e. ELE, AIL (I wouldn't use 40% exoi for the throttle an rudder)
switch1= AIL DR
Function below "High-Rate" is EXPO
Function below "Mid-Range" is EXPO or 1-to-1 (click on Mid-Rate to show)
Scales are 100 for both
Set the expo value of the first graph is 40 and 0 for the second (if it is EXPO)
FDR_ is online now Find More Posts by FDR_