HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 16, 2012, 12:52 AM
Joined Jan 2012
682 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_marty View Post
a bit off current topic but does flysky and frsky use the same protocal?

thanks...
No. The frsky uses a cc2500 transceiver while the flysky uses an a7105. As far as I can tell the hardware is not compatible. The frsky protocol is documented, so hookingone up could be done in the same way as the flysky (get a module form china and connect it the same way) but i haven't written the software side yet.
I have the relevant module, so I probably will at some time.
PhracturedBlue is offline Find More Posts by PhracturedBlue
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 16, 2012, 12:56 AM
<Marty>
United States, KY, Springfield
Joined Jul 2011
2,101 Posts
ok, thanks for answering my question...looking forward to the future for deviation..
magic_marty is online now Find More Posts by magic_marty
Old Sep 16, 2012, 01:37 AM
Joined Dec 2011
118 Posts
Ok. Thanks for all your help PhracturedBlue.

I can't believe I'm finally flying all of my dsm 2 stuff with the devo 8s now. I saw the devo 10 today also. I didn't really like it as much as the devo 8s. The devo 10 is heavy with the 8 batteries that is needed. The gimbals had a ticking thing on the collective stick, not sure if that could be fixed. I probably will never get the devo 10 because of the weight anyways.

Hopefully walkera will come out with a color touch screen or even black and white touch screen that's readable in sunlight.

Btw PhracturedBlue, I tried locking all of the trims in the system menu, it would not allow me to do it. I guess that UI isn't fully hooked up yet?

I sometimes hit the trim switches by mistake when changing batteries, that's why I wanted to lock it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhracturedBlue View Post
It may work, but it would be better to move the gpio_set_mode 1st in the Sound_Start() function. Otherwise it is probably not a bad idea to put that into Deviation. A piezo element should act like a capacitor and draw no current even when it is left powered, but leaving it unpowered is probably better.
briareos7777 is offline Find More Posts by briareos7777
Old Sep 16, 2012, 02:12 AM
Deviant
Joined Jul 2012
1,195 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by briareos7777 View Post
. The gimbals had a ticking thing on the collective stick, not sure if that could be fixed. I probably will never get the devo 10 because of the weight anyways.
The clicking sound is actually user modifiable, you have to open up the tx and adjust a screw. Plank flying guys like it - nice ratchet sound and feel for throttle.

Weight can be lowered by using a 3s LiPo and not 8 AA NiMH.

Cheers
sbstnp is online now Find More Posts by sbstnp
Old Sep 16, 2012, 04:23 AM
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Oct 2011
847 Posts
I have just tested on the walkera ladybird, everythings working expect for the function on ladybird to trigger 3axis and 6axis mode like on the devo firmware it is through gear switch set to active on devo6..now how do i do that on deviation to made it work??
OnceAFly is offline Find More Posts by OnceAFly
Old Sep 16, 2012, 05:18 AM
Joined Feb 2010
99 Posts
I've updated to V1.1 and I'm still nor succesfull in bindung my MCPX and MCX... . Anyone has got an idea ?
kcornels is offline Find More Posts by kcornels
Old Sep 16, 2012, 06:36 AM
Germany
Joined Jun 2012
180 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnceAFly View Post
I have just tested on the walkera ladybird, everythings working expect for the function on ladybird to trigger 3axis and 6axis mode like on the devo firmware it is through gear switch set to active on devo6..now how do i do that on deviation to made it work??
The channel which controls the Modes (Green/Red LED) on the Ladybird is the Gyro Channel.

Set to 34% and you get the normal Red LED Mode.

Set to 66% and you get the Green LED Mode.

By the way: both Modes utilize all 6 Axis, bit in the Green LED Mode you can flip the Ladybird whether in the Red LED Mode there is a Flip Protection.
gektor is offline Find More Posts by gektor
Old Sep 16, 2012, 07:51 AM
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Oct 2011
847 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gektor View Post
The channel which controls the Modes (Green/Red LED) on the Ladybird is the Gyro Channel.

Set to 34% and you get the normal Red LED Mode.

Set to 66% and you get the Green LED Mode.

By the way: both Modes utilize all 6 Axis, bit in the Green LED Mode you can flip the Ladybird whether in the Red LED Mode there is a Flip Protection.
Thanks gektor, yes i know i need to set 34% and 66% but where do i set it in deviation? There isn't any gyro setting in the menu...
Old Sep 16, 2012, 08:01 AM
Germany
Joined Jun 2012
180 Posts
Quote:
Thanks gektor, yes i know i need to set 34% and 66% but where do i set it in deviation? There isn't any gyro setting in the menu...
Channel 5 or Channel 7 is the Gyro-Channel. You can control all chanels in Deviation.

How to do this? It's explained in the maual or perhaps someone else can explain it here.
Old Sep 16, 2012, 08:37 AM
Team WarpSquad
Japan, Tokyo
Joined Jun 2011
2,997 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhracturedBlue View Post
It should have no impact at all as to where the battery is connected as the power and ground busses are tied together for all channels.
Yeah - unless you are unlucky like I was and had the power going in on the one channel that needed the signal pin shorting!! :facepalm:
thwaitm is offline Find More Posts by thwaitm
Old Sep 16, 2012, 08:55 AM
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Oct 2011
847 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gektor View Post
Channel 5 or Channel 7 is the Gyro-Channel. You can control all chanels in Deviation.

How to do this? It's explained in the maual or perhaps someone else can explain it here.
Thanks gektor!
I've play with the setting and figure out you are right its on ch7, set src to gear and 3 point set -34 0 34 its working now! Best of all now i have found extra feature on ladybird which i can set the pot to trigger LEDs on and off on mix switch!

Edit: One thing I don't understand is ladybird suppose to be 4ch receiver but why its gyro on ch7
Last edited by OnceAFly; Sep 16, 2012 at 09:05 AM.
Old Sep 16, 2012, 09:13 AM
Joined Dec 2011
292 Posts
Gear = CH5. QR Ladybird Rx has 6 channels, AUX1 channel can be used, e.g. for LED control.
vlad_vy is offline Find More Posts by vlad_vy
Old Sep 16, 2012, 09:16 AM
Germany
Joined Jun 2012
180 Posts
Quote:
Thanks gektor!
I've play with the setting and figure out you are right its on ch7, set src to gear and 3 point set -34 0 34 its working now! Best of all now i have found extra feature on ladybird which i can set the pot to trigger LEDs on and off on mix switch!

Edit: One thing I don't understand is ladybird suppose to be 4ch receiver but why its gyro on ch7
The original Ladybird (not the Green-Canopy Lite Version) has a 6 Channels receiver. 4 standard Channels + Gyro Channel + Gear Channel, which will switch the lights on and off.

Yes, you can plug DIY LEDs to your "Update Socket" on the Ladybird PCB and switch them using the Gear Switch on the Devo Tx.

Could you please explain more about the Feature of turning the LEDs on and of? I don't quite understand how you managed it.

And: please post your Deviation Ladybird Config to http://www.deviationtx.com/forum/model-configs

BTW: nice Hamster
Last edited by gektor; Sep 16, 2012 at 09:27 AM.
Old Sep 16, 2012, 09:39 AM
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Oct 2011
847 Posts
Apparently the gyro is at ch7 and the socket for leds connection is on ch5. You can set any value from low to negative and high to positive value for example: -1, 0 , 1 on ch5 can control that socket on and off, but take note that socket can only output at most 2 leds at the same time only. Walkera default setting for that socket and gyro together meaning ch7 and ch5 under gear switch.
Thanks the hamster i edit it to hold the devo6 tx
Old Sep 16, 2012, 09:41 AM
Spain, Asturias
Joined May 2012
36 Posts
Devo 7

I have readed the thread but there is one thing that I seen that is not provided on it. I don't understand why support for the Devo 7 transmitter is not provided on this development. Devo 7 has a very simple UI and could be a very good platform for the development and testing. You only need to invest the efforts in the functionality of the system because the UI doesn't need graphics or other type of work. It is very similar to a debug system with only a text interface, once the functionality is obtained you could invest your efforts in developing a UI and do it run in other systems like Devo 8 or similar.
Tripert is offline Find More Posts by Tripert