Old Aug 27, 2012, 02:04 AM
...muy bien...
Germany, BW, Pforzheim
Joined Jul 2012
186 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcgchris View Post
Couldn't find an answer to this:
Would it be possible to program and store macros and reproduce with a button press?

BTW:
Is there any radio at all that can programmed like this?
Hi folks,

I guess I couldn't make myself clear:
Is it possible to replay a pre-programmed macro that I recorded/programmed myself (eg. to execute a flip in mid air) when pressing a button with any radio on the market today?

Any comments welcome
rcgchris is offline Find More Posts by rcgchris
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 27, 2012, 02:42 AM
Team WarpSquad
Japan, Tokyo
Joined Jun 2011
2,710 Posts
Quote:
Hi folks,

Is it possible to replay a pre-programmed macro that I recorded/programmed myself (eg. to execute a flip in mid air) when pressing a button with any radio on the market today?

Any comments welcome
Why? To take the fun out of crashing yourself?

Not possible with Walkera radios as far as I know.
thwaitm is online now Find More Posts by thwaitm
Old Aug 27, 2012, 05:21 AM
Sweden, Helsingborg
Joined Jun 2012
2,532 Posts
Macros would be near pointless, as there's no way to get info from the gyros and compensate for wind / Lower power because of drained battery's.
If it ever gets implemented I predicted massive increase in spare part sales.
Xermalk is offline Find More Posts by Xermalk
Old Aug 27, 2012, 06:34 AM
...muy bien...
Germany, BW, Pforzheim
Joined Jul 2012
186 Posts
Hehehe
Old Aug 27, 2012, 07:31 AM
United Kingdom, Bristol
Joined Aug 2008
1,731 Posts
Quote:
Hi folks,

Any comments welcome
Yes can be done i had Futaba Field Force 6 had that feature 'Snap Roll' and i was amazed how fast i could snap my wing! BTW Flat out in a dive flicked the switch!!
Devo can't do it today but in time once free mixers are there easy to do. So you need TX with free programmable mixers. Off top of my head at least 3.
SadSack is online now Find More Posts by SadSack
Old Aug 27, 2012, 07:53 AM
...muy bien...
Germany, BW, Pforzheim
Joined Jul 2012
186 Posts
Hey nice!

I had the hope a Spektrum or 9x could be able as well by now
Old Aug 27, 2012, 10:16 AM
Joined Jan 2012
682 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SadSack View Post
Yes can be done i had Futaba Field Force 6 had that feature 'Snap Roll' and i was amazed how fast i could snap my wing! BTW Flat out in a dive flicked the switch!!
Devo can't do it today but in time once free mixers are there easy to do. So you need TX with free programmable mixers. Off top of my head at least 3.
I didn't answer this before because I have no idea what other radios can do, but it would certainly be possible to implement in Deviation. However I agree with others that it would be near pointless. Do you have a specific need in mind? Without feedback from the model, a macro is likely to not work properly, and I'm not aware of any models with telemetry capabilities that could achieve this. Now....with a custom Rx firmware (which has been discussed) things become more interesting...
PhracturedBlue is offline Find More Posts by PhracturedBlue
Old Aug 27, 2012, 10:30 AM
Joined May 2011
655 Posts
Well, if I understand right he would like to record stick movements of some time, and play back them later.

However they shouldn't be absolute stick positions, but only differences, because that would cause a jump in che channels when played back at different stick positions.
Other problem: what if the recorded stick movements don't end at the the same stick positions, where they were at start, but I don't move the sticks while replaying? Again a jump of channel values at the end of the record.
Or vice versa: the record ends at the same stick positions with which it started, but I move the sticks while it playing. Same results...
And finally: what will happen if I play such macro with completely different DR/expo/mix settings? So should we record channel changes instead of sticks?
FDR_ is offline Find More Posts by FDR_
Old Aug 27, 2012, 10:36 AM
Malaysia, Penang, Bayan Lepas
Joined Apr 2010
460 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FDR_ View Post
Well, if I understand right he would like to record stick movements of some time, and play back them later.

However they shouldn't be absolute stick positions, but only differences, because that would cause a jump in che channels when played back at different stick positions.
Other problem: what if the recorded stick movements don't end at the the same stick positions, where they were at start, but I don't move the sticks while replaying? Again a jump of channel values at the end of the record.
Or vice versa: the record ends at the same stick positions with which it started, but I move the sticks while it playing. Same results...
And finally: what will happen if I play such macro with completely different DR/expo/mix settings? So should we record channel changes instead of sticks?
Think of it, if wind blew the tail or cyclic off by a little, the entire orientation is completely off, the maneuver would be disastrous IMHO. If it's a simple flip then its still okay, but why would you want to hit a button to do a flip?
thloh85 is offline Find More Posts by thloh85
Old Aug 27, 2012, 10:56 AM
...muy bien...
Germany, BW, Pforzheim
Joined Jul 2012
186 Posts
It would be a nice feature for multirotor like quads where it makes sense to initiate such a trigger to perform rolls, flips and so on. The flightcontrolers in this segment are able to stabilize the object by themselve after such maneuvers.
Old Aug 27, 2012, 11:04 AM
Joined May 2012
110 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skovoroda View Post
Fudge will poke more with flashing, verification and stuff later. Will see what walkera has to say, worst case scenario is remote going to china for a fix up. Thanks phracturedBlue for quick response
Vell, it seems like the library verify fails.

First difference at adress 0x00010000
File byte is 0x57
Read byte is 0x00

Same with model upload,

First difference at adress 0x00005000
File byte is 0x44
Read byte is 0x00
Skovoroda is online now Find More Posts by Skovoroda
Last edited by Skovoroda; Aug 27, 2012 at 11:12 AM.
Old Aug 27, 2012, 11:06 AM
Joined Jan 2012
682 Posts
Quote:
Vell, it seems like the library verify fails.

First difference at adress 0x00010000
File byte is 0x57
Read byte is 0x00
do an 'upload' to dump the entire library. and attach the original and dumped version. I'm interested in if it is just a few bytes/pages that are corrupt, or the whole thing.
Old Aug 27, 2012, 11:42 AM
Joined May 2012
110 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhracturedBlue View Post
do an 'upload' to dump the entire library. and attach the original and dumped version. I'm interested in if it is just a few bytes/pages that are corrupt, or the whole thing.
Original 0.5 lib

Dump
Old Aug 27, 2012, 11:55 AM
Joined Jan 2012
682 Posts
Quote:
Your whole SPI Flash chip is empty. Either the SPI flash chip has failed or the routines to upload it are corrupt. Either way, I don't think there is much we're going to be able to do to help you.

EDIT: actually they all have '00' so they are 100% written, not empty (the flash initializes to 0xff). definitely not a good sign though
Old Aug 27, 2012, 11:59 AM
Joined May 2012
110 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhracturedBlue View Post
Your whole SPI Flash chip is empty. Either the SPI flash chip has failed or the routines to upload it are corrupt. Either way, I don't think there is much we're going to be able to do to help you.

EDIT: actually they all have '00' so they are 100% written, not empty (the flash initializes to 0xff). definitely not a good sign though
thanks