HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 25, 2012, 06:08 PM
Joined May 2012
112 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhracturedBlue View Post
There is no battery backup, everything is stored in flash. That does not look good. I'd say its an issue with the lcd-driver, but that doesn't explain why the sticks would be reversed. possibly bad bytes in the flash-rom that just happen to affect the display control, but that would be pretty odd. Unfortunately, there is no way to verify the ROM itself without some special hardware, so there is no way for you to tell if that is the issue.
Fudge will poke more with flashing, verification and stuff later. Will see what walkera has to say, worst case scenario is remote going to china for a fix up. Thanks phracturedBlue for quick response
Skovoroda is offline Find More Posts by Skovoroda
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 25, 2012, 08:32 PM
Malaysia, Penang, Bayan Lepas
Joined Apr 2010
460 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xCometz View Post
I was wrong in define data write/read, since I've defined 8bit SRAM, it should be:
#define LCD_CMD *(volatile uint8_t *)(LCD_CMD_ADDR)
#define LCD_DATA *(volatile uint8_t *)(LCD_DATA_ADDR)

The problem if it defined as uint16, it will write twice 8 bit data, therefore 2 byte command just like volume control wont work.

I've tried in TX, now I can control the LCD, contrast, write every single dot where I want just like LCD_DrawPixelXY() in Devo8. What are very interesting that the LCD start line should be 0x20 and ADC in reverse count and should be add with 3.

PB, I've never worked with an version control yet, could you explain how it works or what should I do?
Ahh... Yes yes, that explains... I overlooked that too, guess I'm not so good of a programmer after all...
thloh85 is offline Find More Posts by thloh85
Old Aug 26, 2012, 01:31 AM
Kingdom of Sweden, Västra Götaland County, Lindome
Joined Jul 2011
195 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skovoroda View Post
Fudge will poke more with flashing, verification and stuff later. Will see what walkera has to say, worst case scenario is remote going to china for a fix up. Thanks phracturedBlue for quick response
Maybe PhracturedBlue can help you to flash the new deviation firmware.
And se if you can get it to start and use it as an Alfa release testing unit instead of sending it to walkera?
Palle_Plutt is offline Find More Posts by Palle_Plutt
Old Aug 26, 2012, 04:29 AM
Joined May 2012
112 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palle_Plutt View Post
Maybe PhracturedBlue can help you to flash the new deviation firmware.
And se if you can get it to start and use it as an Alfa release testing unit instead of sending it to walkera?
Would it be reversible just in case it's a hardware malfunction and I have to send it to walkera?
Skovoroda is offline Find More Posts by Skovoroda
Old Aug 26, 2012, 04:54 AM
Kingdom of Sweden, Västra Götaland County, Lindome
Joined Jul 2011
195 Posts
Quote:
Would it be reversible just in case it's a hardware malfunction and I have to send it to walkera?
I'm sorry I don't have the exact answer to that.
It's better to ask the experts on that to be sure.
But I think they have written that in an earlyer post that it is fully reversible.

Regards
Paul
Palle_Plutt is offline Find More Posts by Palle_Plutt
Last edited by Palle_Plutt; Aug 26, 2012 at 11:59 AM.
Old Aug 26, 2012, 08:06 AM
...muy bien...
Germany, BW, Pforzheim
Joined Jul 2012
186 Posts
Couldn't find an answer to this:
Would it be possible to program and store macros and reproduce with a button press?

BTW:
Is there any radio at all that can programmed like this?
rcgchris is offline Find More Posts by rcgchris
Old Aug 26, 2012, 10:10 AM
Joined Jan 2012
682 Posts
Quote:
Deviation is completely reversable. It is flashed into the same memory as the ROM and lib, so flashing the original ROM and Lib will give you full reversal.
If you want to try it, let me know, but I would be surprised if it works properly. It is also not quite ready to use, so you'd end up waiting for me to finish everything up before you could fully use it.
PhracturedBlue is offline Find More Posts by PhracturedBlue
Old Aug 26, 2012, 12:08 PM
Joined Nov 2007
4 Posts
Hello to all peoples,one question:
I have a devention devo 12 .
Can I to connect a rangelink or dragonlink for long range to FPV to DSC port in this emisora?
Thanks
jasalca is offline Find More Posts by jasalca
Old Aug 26, 2012, 05:37 PM
Joined Aug 2012
11 Posts
I managed to rewrite lcd.c, since this Devo10 LCD has quiet simple controller as qvga in Devo8, so I have two option:
Use as is, that means datawrite always 8 pixel, and this is very fast, but I need to rewrite all LCD driver for graphics and text, OR
Use as qvga like LCD with data access window that means only draw single pixel, so it will be slower but the rest code remains compatible (just need some change 320x240 to 128x64).

And I choose the second option, and this is the result, it's not perfect yet.

@PB
I haven't configure my PC for hg yet, I need reading about it first.
If all done maybe I make a fork from Deviation (not 10) and do my changement from there. I saw it has better stucture now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thloh85 View Post
Ahh... Yes yes, that explains... I overlooked that too, guess I'm not so good of a programmer after all...
Me too, this is my first contact to STM32, LCD, and I just know simple C, I learned many from this project, and it's fun.
xCometz is offline Find More Posts by xCometz
Old Aug 26, 2012, 05:49 PM
United Kingdom, Bristol
Joined Aug 2008
1,774 Posts
xCometz :

Very nice......only know a little C, wish i was a few steps behind you
SadSack is offline Find More Posts by SadSack
Old Aug 26, 2012, 05:52 PM
Joined Dec 2011
3,314 Posts
Ironically it proved much easier to replace the damaged antenna on my RX801 that replacing the "removable" antennas on the RX802. Just hit it with a soldering iron on the opposite side pull out the old antenna. Then press a tinned length of silicone wire (as opposed to the crappy plastic stuff Walkera used) to one side of the hole and hit the other side of the through hole and it slides right it. Heat the lead and solder it, trim the length to 62.5mm put a bit of hot glue on it for a strain relief and done.

Also the antenna lengths in the 801 are WRONG. It should be 1/4 or 1/2 wavelength and it's not even close to that.

EDIT: Hot glue is a bad idea as it prevents the wires from bending in the tight space between the board and the case. Instead I put a 5mm lenght of shrink tubing around each wire to replace the rubber strain relief from the original antennas. Also I had them on the wrong side of the board and had to resolder them. The trick is to NOT touch the board, but the lead. If you do that you should be able to resolder them however many times without damaging the pad.

EDIT: I just realized that the trace on the board might count as part of the antenna.
Atomic Skull is online now Find More Posts by Atomic Skull
Last edited by Atomic Skull; Aug 26, 2012 at 08:41 PM.
Old Aug 26, 2012, 08:27 PM
Joined Jan 2012
682 Posts
Quote:
I managed to rewrite lcd.c, since this Devo10 LCD has quiet simple controller as qvga in Devo8, so I have two option:
Use as is, that means datawrite always 8 pixel, and this is very fast, but I need to rewrite all LCD driver for graphics and text, OR
Use as qvga like LCD with data access window that means only draw single pixel, so it will be slower but the rest code remains compatible (just need some change 320x240 to 128x64).
I think this is the right solution for now. As I said, we can buffer the display in memory to accelerate drawing in the future. It is relatively straight forawdrd to do.
PhracturedBlue is offline Find More Posts by PhracturedBlue
Old Aug 26, 2012, 10:02 PM
Malaysia, Penang, Bayan Lepas
Joined Apr 2010
460 Posts
Quote:

And I choose the second option, and this is the result, it's not perfect yet.

@PB
I haven't configure my PC for hg yet, I need reading about it first.
If all done maybe I make a fork from Deviation (not 10) and do my changement from there. I saw it has better stucture now.

Me too, this is my first contact to STM32, LCD, and I just know simple C, I learned many from this project, and it's fun.
That looks great!!!
thloh85 is offline Find More Posts by thloh85
Old Aug 27, 2012, 01:08 AM
Joined Dec 2011
3,314 Posts
Trimmed the new antennas to the same length as the originals (41mm from the surface of the board to the end of the wire) and did a range check. Had signal all the way to the edge of the field.
Atomic Skull is online now Find More Posts by Atomic Skull
Old Aug 27, 2012, 01:45 AM
Joined May 2011
657 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomic Skull View Post
Trimmed the new antennas to the same length as the originals (41mm from the surface of the board to the end of the wire) and did a range check. Had signal all the way to the edge of the field.
Well, and how much is that?
FDR_ is offline Find More Posts by FDR_