Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Aug 24, 2012, 06:01 AM
Malaysia, Penang, Bayan Lepas
Joined Apr 2010
460 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xCometz View Post
since LCD module A0 connected to MCU A16, to write command needs A16 to be low (BASE+0x00) and to write display data needs A16 to be high (BASE+0x10000, we have 8 bit SRAM in FSMC)
Got it...
thloh85 is offline Find More Posts by thloh85
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 24, 2012, 07:31 AM
Live to learn. . .
Austin, TX
Joined Dec 2009
1,489 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bean Bandit View Post
Along with an 'X' or something else? And how does switching the trainer switch alter it?
This is the icon I see with just a cable plugged in. It's the same icon that I see when I'm using my DEVO with my sim.

As for trainer switch, the switch I have assigned to switch the trainer has no effect on the icon with this cable plugged in--the switch is still a trim switch at this point. The tx has to be 'bound' with it's companion for the trainer switch to affect trainer.

Rafa
Rafa's CB100 is offline Find More Posts by Rafa's CB100
Old Aug 24, 2012, 07:47 AM
Sudan, Khartoum
Joined Aug 2012
53 Posts
That's unfortunate for me, this means it won't work with headtracking and I need to get two Tx, respectively find out if the MTC-01 will work with a Spectrum or similar Tx
Bean Bandit is offline Find More Posts by Bean Bandit
Old Aug 24, 2012, 08:19 AM
Joined Apr 2010
460 Posts
xCometz,
If I set the Electronic Volume, the display just no longer works, any idea? (I just did a LCD_CMD = 0x81; and LCD_CMD = 0x20
Old Aug 24, 2012, 10:02 AM
Joined Jan 2012
682 Posts
Quote:
Hi,
Now, I am looking into the Devo8 code how does it handle the LCD, since Devo10 LCD data write always for 8 pixel and quiet different with qvga, I manage to write some text handling functions.

Btw PB, what should I call this LCD in screen folder? it is OK if I make new folder named 128x64?
I was thinking about creating an in RAM image representing the screen and writing to that, keeping track of an additional 4 bits to mark each 8-bit column as dirty. So you'd 1st(for instance) draw a line, box, or character to RAM, then scan for which pages/columns are dirty and update the relevant LCD lines.

This will let us keep our existing font and graphics functions for the most part, and will not limit us to 8-high characters.

You can name the directory whatever you like in the 'screen' subdir. 128x64 sounds fine.

It would be helpful if you create a hg repo and keep it updated with your changes so we can see what you are up to.
PhracturedBlue is offline Find More Posts by PhracturedBlue
Old Aug 24, 2012, 09:19 PM
Joined Apr 2010
460 Posts
Nevermind...
Last edited by thloh85; Aug 24, 2012 at 09:39 PM.
Old Aug 24, 2012, 11:56 PM
Joined Dec 2011
3,023 Posts
When trying to change the antennas on the RX802 the connectors would just not let go and ended up ripping the male connector off the board ugh.

I'm pretty sure I could solder a wire to each of the pads that used to connect to the center posts. If I solder an appropriate length wire to the center post pads would it work as antenna with full range?
Atomic Skull is offline Find More Posts by Atomic Skull
Old Aug 25, 2012, 12:03 PM
Joined Jan 2012
682 Posts
A short update on Deviation.
We've been steadily plugging away at bugs this month, and things are shaping up reasonably well. I took a break from stabilization and bug-fixing this week, and instead developed internationalization support. So we now support translation files (each language is just a file on the filesystem, so it is easy to upgrade/alter). Translation files are in UTF-8 format, so it should be flexible to most languages (though right-to-left languages won't work properly for sure). The primary font should support all western European languages. If anyone ever decided to do a translation for Asian or Cyrillic languages, we'll need to create some alternate fonts. The code is still brand new and we haven't done a full translation of any language yet, so there's probably quite a few bugs to work out.

As for known issues that need to be addressed before release:
* The fixed-id and binding still needs some more work to make it easy to use
* The trims don't work properly in WK2401 mode
* The auto-save behavior needs to be more consistent

So we're getting closer. I'm not gong to give an official ETA at this time though.
Old Aug 25, 2012, 01:51 PM
Joined Aug 2012
11 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thloh85 View Post
xCometz,
If I set the Electronic Volume, the display just no longer works, any idea? (I just did a LCD_CMD = 0x81; and LCD_CMD = 0x20
I was wrong in define data write/read, since I've defined 8bit SRAM, it should be:
#define LCD_CMD *(volatile uint8_t *)(LCD_CMD_ADDR)
#define LCD_DATA *(volatile uint8_t *)(LCD_DATA_ADDR)

The problem if it defined as uint16, it will write twice 8 bit data, therefore 2 byte command just like volume control wont work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhracturedBlue View Post
I was thinking about creating an in RAM image representing the screen and writing to that, keeping track of an additional 4 bits to mark each 8-bit column as dirty. So you'd 1st(for instance) draw a line, box, or character to RAM, then scan for which pages/columns are dirty and update the relevant LCD lines.

This will let us keep our existing font and graphics functions for the most part, and will not limit us to 8-high characters.

You can name the directory whatever you like in the 'screen' subdir. 128x64 sounds fine.

It would be helpful if you create a hg repo and keep it updated with your changes so we can see what you are up to.
I've tried in TX, now I can control the LCD, contrast, write every single dot where I want just like LCD_DrawPixelXY() in Devo8. What are very interesting that the LCD start line should be 0x20 and ADC in reverse count and should be add with 3.

PB, I've never worked with an version control yet, could you explain how it works or what should I do?
xCometz is offline Find More Posts by xCometz
Old Aug 25, 2012, 02:19 PM
Joined Jan 2012
682 Posts
Quote:
I've tried in TX, now I can control the LCD, contrast, write every single dot where I want just like LCD_DrawPixelXY() in Devo8. What are very interesting that the LCD start line should be 0x20 and ADC in reverse count and should be add with 3.
sounds good
Quote:
PB, I've never worked with an version control yet, could you explain how it works or what should I do?
How did you get my original source? did you install mercurial and do an 'hg clone' or did you download the source directly?
I would start by going to bitbucket, registering for an account and then forking the deviation10 repo.
you can then 'hg clone' your fork as a starting point.
That will download the repository into your computer.
Once you have a set of changes you are happy with, run 'hg status' to see which files are changed. any new files/directories can be added with 'hg add<file or dir>' to remove a file from the rep, 'hg rm <file>'. Then run 'hg commit -m <message>' to check in your changes. The last stage is to send them back to bitbucket so the rest of us can see. That is done with 'hg push'
When you want to pull updates (for instance from my repository), you can run 'hg pull -u <repo>'. It will then ask you how to merge any chnages thatit can't automatically reconcile.

it is really pretty easy once you get going. also, feel free to come over to deviationtx.com. It is easier to have technical discussions there where we can separate topics in separate threads.
Old Aug 25, 2012, 02:34 PM
Joined Aug 2012
11 Posts
@PB
Thanks for the explaination, I will search reading about it, since I work under winx86 with eclipse maybe I will install MercurialEclipse plugins.
xCometz is offline Find More Posts by xCometz
Old Aug 25, 2012, 03:24 PM
Joined May 2012
110 Posts
Somebody help, my devo 8s went crazy on the startup. I've turned it on at home to set some stuff, it booted up fine and everything was normal. After i got to the park nearby, it booted up but was beeping like if the throttle or one of the switches was up. So i looked at the screen and there was a snow ( no images and just random grey and colored pixels all over the place ) Rebooted, unplugged the battery... nothing... It looks like it thinks that the throttle is on the right stick now ( even though it is mode 2) so if i push it down, it boots and the canvas around the progress bar appear. Then all the menus work, the buttons beep and the random sqaares pop up ( like scroll bars and such, just the border though, no images ) but the radio is unusable now. I went home, flashed the firmware and new lib, still the same. Hacking guru, please help. Is there is a way to do the factory reset? Will it help?
Skovoroda is offline Find More Posts by Skovoroda
Old Aug 25, 2012, 04:28 PM
Joined Jan 2012
682 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skovoroda View Post
Somebody help, my devo 8s went crazy on the startup. I've turned it on at home to set some stuff, it booted up fine and everything was normal. After i got to the park nearby, it booted up but was beeping like if the throttle or one of the switches was up. So i looked at the screen and there was a snow ( no images and just random grey and colored pixels all over the place ) Rebooted, unplugged the battery... nothing... It looks like it thinks that the throttle is on the right stick now ( even though it is mode 2) so if i push it down, it boots and the canvas around the progress bar appear. Then all the menus work, the buttons beep and the random sqaares pop up ( like scroll bars and such, just the border though, no images ) but the radio is unusable now. I went home, flashed the firmware and new lib, still the same. Hacking guru, please help. Is there is a way to do the factory reset? Will it help?
Did you run a verify on the lib? looks like a corrupted flash, though it doesn't explain why it would randomly behave like that on boot up. perhaps a corrupted configuration page. Have you tried downloading new models to the firmware as well? I don't know of any other way to factory reset besides flashing th firmware, models and lib. Does the programming image show properly?
Old Aug 25, 2012, 04:49 PM
Joined May 2012
110 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhracturedBlue View Post
Did you run a verify on the lib? looks like a corrupted flash, though it doesn't explain why it would randomly behave like that on boot up. perhaps a corrupted configuration page. Have you tried downloading new models to the firmware as well? I don't know of any other way to factory reset besides flashing th firmware, models and lib. Does the programming image show properly?
No, programming mode is the same. Sunds like configuration is busted, since throttle moved to the right stick somehow. Here is the video. Isn't there some sort of button cell same as on pc mobos? Will try to wipe the models and verify the library. Here is the video just in case. Will also drop walkera an email.
Devo 8s problem (0 min 52 sec)
Skovoroda is offline Find More Posts by Skovoroda
Old Aug 25, 2012, 04:57 PM
Joined Jan 2012
682 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skovoroda View Post
No, programming mode is the same. Sunds like configuration is busted, since throttle moved to the right stick somehow. Here is the video. Isn't there some sort of button cell same as on pc mobos? Will try to wipe the models and verify the library. Here is the video just in case. Will also drop walkera an email.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZlB...e_gdata_player
There is no battery backup, everything is stored in flash. That does not look good. I'd say its an issue with the lcd-driver, but that doesn't explain why the sticks would be reversed. possibly bad bytes in the flash-rom that just happen to affect the display control, but that would be pretty odd. Unfortunately, there is no way to verify the ROM itself without some special hardware, so there is no way for you to tell if that is the issue.