SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Aug 03, 2012, 03:05 AM
Germany
Joined Jun 2012
180 Posts
Wow, very great news!

It's a good Emulator, PhracturedBlue, love it! Thank you for bringing this fabulous release out!

Now I can show it to everyone I know. Here in Germany, many people are very excited about the possibilities of the new Firmware. Now they can try it.

By the way, what was that "Scanner" functionality?

And: your link to the Manual is the same as the Emulator link. It does not contain the manual

And you can be shure, that I, being a "User Experience Activist" , will at least enchance your Firmware with even better Graphics. Have I already mentioned, that it is a very good approach of you, to make the Graphics and colors user editable?

Keep up the great Work!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhracturedBlue View Post
Ok, here we go. I am officially announcing the Deviation Firmware project
You can find the website here:
http://www.deviationtx.com/

While I'll continue to answer questions here, all of the development is taking place over on the deviationtx page.

At this point I am only releasing the emulator. It can be used to get familiar with the firmware capabilities as well as testing out new models. You can find the download for Windows here:
http://deviationtx.com/downloads/deviation-0.1-emu.zip

I have also started work on a user's manual, as the firmware is quite different than Walkera's firmware. The user's manual can be found here:
http://deviationtx.com/downloads/deviation-0.1-emu.zip

I'd like to give a huge thanks to:
FDR who has done all the work putting the website and forums together, and has spent countless hours with the emulator, helping to define how it looks and works, and finding lots and lots of bugs. If the emulator doesn't immediately crash, you can thank FDR for his patience in debugging the emulator.

MatCat who provided the GUI architecture and has graciously provided hosting

rch4x0r, who we haven't seen for a long time, but without whom this likely wouldn't have happened. He was instrumental in figuring out how to get access to the ardware, as well as in defining the Deviation firmware

Again: This is only a release of the emulator. It cannot be installed on the Tx. There is still a lot of work to do before we're ready for that, but this is your first chance to geta peek at how the firmware will work, and to provide feedback.

Also, at this point, I will likely postpose all feature requests. Getting what we have working in the Devo8 Tx is my next priority. But I am certainly interested in any feedback you may have.

The key mappings for the emulator can be found in the users guide.

For the emulator, there is no installation needed. unzip the file, and run the executable. We'll hopefully be providing a Mac OSX build soon as well.
gektor is offline Find More Posts by gektor
Last edited by gektor; Aug 03, 2012 at 03:11 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 03, 2012, 03:07 AM
Heliyork
Joined Nov 2009
84 Posts
I salute all you guys for putting so much of your time n effort and doing such an amazing job.

I wish i could be of some help but unfortunately i know nothing about this stuff.
Firewolf is offline Find More Posts by Firewolf
Old Aug 03, 2012, 04:09 AM
Joined Feb 2010
185 Posts
Quote:
We'll hopefully be providing a Mac OSX build soon as well.
I can hack up an OS X build today after work quickly for 64 bit capable Intel Macs (that's every Mac that can run Lion, it doesn't require Lion, though). If anyone desperately needs a 32 bit build, I could look into that, but I'd rather avoid the additional work. If you still have a PPC Mac, I'm sorry, try to compile yourself.
wuselfuzz is offline Find More Posts by wuselfuzz
Old Aug 03, 2012, 04:17 AM
Joined May 2011
657 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gektor View Post
Wow, very great news!

It's a good Emulator, PhracturedBlue, love it! Thank you for bringing this fabulous release out!

Now I can show it to everyone I know. Here in Germany, many people are very excited about the possibilities of the new Firmware. Now they can try it.

By the way, what was that "Scanner" functionality?

And: your link to the Manual is the same as the Emulator link. It does not contain the manual

And you can be shure, that I, being a "User Experience Activist" , will at least enchance your Firmware with even better Graphics. Have I already mentioned, that it is a very good approach of you, to make the Graphics and colors user editable?

Keep up the great Work!
Link to the user's manual:
http://deviationtx.com/downloads/Dev...UserManual.pdf
(However I don't know if it is up to date...)

Scanner page shows the actual use of the 2.4GHz channels. It has no meaning in the emulator though...
FDR_ is online now Find More Posts by FDR_
Old Aug 03, 2012, 06:13 AM
Germany
Joined Apr 2012
13 Posts
Model configuration: the icon for Tx Power is shown only at the mixer page.
Main screen: flashing background color of the timer display is very slow ( emulator only?)
Virtual keyboard: pressed key shows two characters (emulator only?)
Fixed ID: button foreground shows not the value i have typed in (emulator only?)
upside_down is offline Find More Posts by upside_down
Old Aug 03, 2012, 06:26 AM
Joined May 2011
657 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by upside_down View Post
Model configuration: the icon for Tx Power is shown only at the mixer page.

That's not the tx power, but a shortcut button to the channel output screen, to ease monitor your mixer settings...

Quote:
Fixed ID: button foreground shows not the value i have typed in (emulator only?)
Yep, this is a real one: the maximum value of fixed id is 65535, so if you enter a larger value (and the UI allows that), it will owerflow, and you will see the remainder of it...
FDR_ is online now Find More Posts by FDR_
Old Aug 03, 2012, 06:34 AM
Germany
Joined Apr 2012
13 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FDR_ View Post

That's not the tx power, but a shortcut button to the channel output screen, to ease monitor your mixer settings...

Oh yes, I realized it now

Yep, this is a real one: the maximum value of fixed id is 65535, so if you enter a larger value (and the UI allows that), it will owerflow, and you will see the remainder of it...
After restarting the emulator the behavior is as you say and i have now only 1 character displayed on the pressed key of the virtual keyboard.
Old Aug 03, 2012, 10:01 AM
Joined Jan 2012
682 Posts
Thanks everyone for the feedback.
If you find bugs, I recommend reporting them here:
https://bitbucket.org/PhracturedBlue...ion/issues/new

I have fixed the FixedID issue, which will be in the next release.
PhracturedBlue is offline Find More Posts by PhracturedBlue
Old Aug 03, 2012, 11:03 AM
Joined Jan 2012
682 Posts
Thanks agian for the feedback,
Quote:
Main screen: flashing background color of the timer display is very slow ( emulator only?)
What do you mean by 'flashing'? The redraw rate of updating the font is quite noticeable. It is even slower on the transmitter, but isn't that terrible. The background should never flash when the timer is running. It will turn from white to red when the timer goes negative. If you can give a more concrete example, I'll investigate.
Quote:
Virtual keyboard: pressed key shows two characters (emulator only?)
I don't see this behavior generally. Which keys are you pressing that are being duplicated? Is this on both the numpad and alpha pad?
Old Aug 03, 2012, 12:01 PM
Germany
Joined Apr 2012
13 Posts
Quote:
Thanks agian for the feedback,

What do you mean by 'flashing'? The redraw rate of updating the font is quite noticeable. It is even slower on the transmitter, but isn't that terrible. The background should never flash when the timer is running. It will turn from white to red when the timer goes negative. If you can give a more concrete example, I'll investigate.

I don't see this behavior generally. Which keys are you pressing that are being duplicated? Is this on both the numpad and alpha pad?
Timer:
Timer1, countdown, THR, 00:10
at -00:00 background goes red
at -00:32 background goes white
at -01:05 background goes red
at-01:38 background goes white
and so on

Virtual keyboard:
It was the numpad.
I have seen this only once, after restarting the emulator all was as expected.
When i pressed the "1" it displays "1!" or "1(" or "1T" on the key, each press an other combination.
Old Aug 03, 2012, 12:07 PM
Joined Jan 2012
682 Posts
Quote:
Timer:
Timer1, countdown, THR, 00:10
at -00:00 background goes red
at -00:32 background goes white
at -01:05 background goes red
at-01:38 background goes white
and so on
Thanks, I can reproduce. I guess I never let it run that long. This is the reason I need people to play with it

Quote:
Virtual keyboard:
It was the numpad.
I have seen this only once, after restarting the emulator all was as expected.
When i pressed the "1" it displays "1!" or "1(" or "1T" on the key, each press an other combination.
Well, it definitely sounds like a bug, but I haven't seen it yet. Maybe an uninitialized value somewhere. I'll look through the code and see if I can find something.
Old Aug 03, 2012, 12:46 PM
<Marty>
United States, KY, Springfield
Joined Jul 2011
2,100 Posts
Very nice!! Thanks to all that put the hard work into this project..Really looks like its going to be amazing when finished...Looking forward to the completion and release of the firmware..
magic_marty is offline Find More Posts by magic_marty
Old Aug 03, 2012, 12:50 PM
Germany
Joined Apr 2012
13 Posts
How can i set a (different) curve for each of the 3 flightmodes in the emulator?

Edit: Found it.
Old Aug 03, 2012, 08:15 PM
Joined Dec 2011
3,410 Posts
Don't know if this helps with anything but when I was setting up my Robird the receiver menu showed that pitch and gyro on the Devo TX goes from -101 to +91 and I had to adjust subtrim to zero it at center and have it equal in both directions.
Atomic Skull is offline Find More Posts by Atomic Skull
Old Aug 05, 2012, 02:26 PM
Joined Jan 2012
682 Posts
I thought I'd mention that the Deviation firmware now binds to a RX2801Pro and to a RX2609

So with the press of a button I can now control:
DEVO 1202/1002/802 receivers
WK2801 and WK2601 based receivers
DSM2 receivers
nine-eagles J6 pro receivers.

all through a simple firmware update, no need to open the Tx.

As I don't have any WK2401 hardware, I can't test that, but we're making good progress.

Also, wuselfuzz was able to fix a couple of longstanding reliability issues, which gives me more confidence in the firmware running on the tx.

There is still a lot of work needed before it is ready for non-developers though, and as I mentioned earlier, I won't be able to spend as much time on it this month, so I don't have an ETA for when the bravest of you can try it out.