SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jul 25, 2012, 11:50 PM
Joined Jan 2012
682 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thloh85 View Post
PB,
Do you think that the spi_flash.c should be located in a more common location? I don't think that the SPI flash protocol applies to only Devo8. This made me confused for a while when reading the code.
Please correct me if I made a wrong assumption.
Thanks.
All of the code to interact with the hardware is in target/devo8/ Think of it as a hardware abstraction layer. it is true that the Devo10 and Devo12 will share large amounts of the code that is currently in devo8, however, that code is specific to using a specific flash family with an stm32 CPU, and the deviation firmware should be able to compile against different architectures. So yes, the code belongs where it is. For an initial port, I would copy the entire contents of the devo8 dir to devo10, and figure out which pieces are different (since most of that code can be reused with minimal modification). At some point we may decide to share routines across targets where it makes sense so there isn't code duplication, but I don't think now is the time to make those changes.
PhracturedBlue is offline Find More Posts by PhracturedBlue
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 27, 2012, 12:48 AM
<Marty>
United States, KY, Springfield
Joined Jul 2011
2,067 Posts
any update on the firmware ? how close to being released?

sorry im just a bit anxious , like a kid on x-mas eve ...can't wait ..
really looking forward to its release !
magic_marty is online now Find More Posts by magic_marty
Old Jul 27, 2012, 01:10 AM
Joined Jan 2012
682 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_marty View Post
any update on the firmware ? how close to being released?

sorry im just a bit anxious , like a kid on x-mas eve ...can't wait ..
really looking forward to its release !
Probably another week or so before I do a pre-release (emulator only so you guys can play with it). I don't know how much longer after that before I do a release for the Tx (it'll likely depend on how much feedback I get on the emulator). I have a bunch of commitments in Aug that will prevent me from having as much time to work on the firmware, so progress will likely slow down some.
Old Jul 27, 2012, 01:52 PM
Sweden, Helsingborg
Joined Jun 2012
3,000 Posts
Can this custom firmware be modified to support the Devo 7E? Im wondering as id love to be able to change a module in that one/use trainer port to control my v911's using the Flysky/Frysky protocol.
Xermalk is online now Find More Posts by Xermalk
Old Jul 27, 2012, 01:58 PM
Joined Jan 2012
682 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xermalk View Post
Can this custom firmware be modified to support the Devo 7E? Im wondering as id love to be able to change a module in that one/use trainer port to control my v911's using the Flysky/Frysky protocol.
Someday. We'll probably do the Devo10 1st. Since they use the same screen (I think), a port from the 10 to a 7e should be very easy.
However, to give you an idea, 80% of the current code is in the GUI. Since the Devo10/7e will need a completely different GUI implementation, the effort to fully port to one is not small.
Old Jul 27, 2012, 02:32 PM
Sweden, Helsingborg
Joined Jun 2012
3,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhracturedBlue View Post
Someday. We'll probably do the Devo10 1st. Since they use the same screen (I think), a port from the 10 to a 7e should be very easy.
However, to give you an idea, 80% of the current code is in the GUI. Since the Devo10/7e will need a completely different GUI implementation, the effort to fully port to one is not small.
Oh did not know that. So I'm guessing it something that likely wont be achieved this year. But it will eventually be compatible with flysky receivers? I'm in no hurry to get it working with those, just want to know if it eventually will work.

I do like the specs on the 7E Tx, seems you get much for its price .
Xermalk is online now Find More Posts by Xermalk
Old Jul 27, 2012, 03:14 PM
Joined Jul 2011
17 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhracturedBlue View Post
Has anyone found a datasheet for the Devo 10 display yet? My Devo 8 order was canceled, so I decided on a Devo 10, since I thought additional controls would be more useful to me than the color touchscreen. I'll take a look at the display driver if I can dig up a datasheet, but I haven't had any luck finding it yet.
webbbn is offline Find More Posts by webbbn
Old Jul 27, 2012, 03:21 PM
Joined Jul 2011
17 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by webbbn View Post
Has anyone found a datasheet for the Devo 10 display yet? My Devo 8 order was canceled, so I decided on a Devo 10, since I thought additional controls would be more useful to me than the color touchscreen. I'll take a look at the display driver if I can dig up a datasheet, but I haven't had any luck finding it yet.
NVM. I think I found it:

http://www.trulydisplays.com/monochr...538%20Spec.pdf
webbbn is offline Find More Posts by webbbn
Old Jul 27, 2012, 04:57 PM
Germany
Joined Jun 2012
180 Posts
Brief Video of the GDevention Interface Update

Here we go, the first Video of the GDevention Library hits YouTube:

Walkera Devention 8S Software Modding Devo8S (0 min 53 sec)
gektor is offline Find More Posts by gektor
Old Jul 27, 2012, 05:11 PM
Better then Sliced Bread!
United States, CA, Arcata
Joined Oct 2011
2,650 Posts
Check this out, new Radio, Devo 4, bundled with Ladybird V2 for $55 :P http://www.the1rc.com/QR%20LadyBird%20V2
NorCalMatCat is offline Find More Posts by NorCalMatCat
Old Jul 27, 2012, 05:24 PM
Germany
Joined Jun 2012
180 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalMatCat View Post
Check this out, new Radio, Devo 4, bundled with Ladybird V2 for $55 :P http://www.the1rc.com/QR%20LadyBird%20V2
See more Pictures (including Ladybird PCB) here: http://www.ehirobo.com/shop/product_...ducts_id=12114

This Devo4 Tx only has 4 channels and seems to have been built like the IR-Radios of the toy-grade helicopters.

It seems to have telemetry though... I wonder: what kind of screen is it?

A few words about that green Ladybird: no Stunt mode Switching in flight with the Devo 4, no switch for optional LEDs with Gear Switch with the Devo 4. I don't know wether this functions will run with a Devo Tx with more channels or not.

It also lacks the two update sockets and one chip (probably the Flash Memory). Therefore: no Firmware Updates via UP-02.
gektor is offline Find More Posts by gektor
Old Jul 27, 2012, 05:27 PM
Joined May 2011
657 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gektor View Post
It seems to have telemetry though... I wonder: what kind of screen is it?
There is no screen at all. Thats just a plate covering the hole...
I doubt it have telemetry too. It might be just the usual copy/paste error...
FDR_ is offline Find More Posts by FDR_
Old Jul 27, 2012, 05:47 PM
Joined Jan 2012
682 Posts
Quote:
Ok, they probably use the same FSMC interface if that is the chip. We'll need to know the initialization sequence for the NT7538, but otherwise it looks easy enough to work with. As I expected the entire graphics section of the Devention code will probably need to be rewritten for this display (using a low-res version of the Devo8 GUI probably won't be viable). You do not have per-bit control over the display. you must write 8 bits at a time (8 rows). This is fine if graphical objects are <= 8 bits high (fonts for instance) but doesn't work well if objects are larger or overlap the 8-bit boundary. Since it is such a small display, it would only require 8kb of RAM to store a memory-map of the display, and that my be the easiest way to draw it. My entire code is only using ~15kB of RAM now, and a lot of that is in the existing GUI, so we shouldn't be under much RAM pressure.
Old Jul 27, 2012, 07:49 PM
Better then Sliced Bread!
United States, CA, Arcata
Joined Oct 2011
2,650 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FDR_ View Post
There is no screen at all. Thats just a plate covering the hole...
I doubt it have telemetry too. It might be just the usual copy/paste error...
IT actually says the Ladybird has telemetry, doesn't say anything about the radio having it :P.
NorCalMatCat is offline Find More Posts by NorCalMatCat
Old Jul 27, 2012, 08:21 PM
Team WarpSquad
Japan, Tokyo
Joined Jun 2011
2,996 Posts
Quote:
I really like the D10. It's simple, functional, no clutter and 10ch with AUX4/5 on adjustable pots.
I've not yet used it for my mini-flash LED flasher but that's most likely going to be my first use of it.
Oddly when I checked first time the RX1002 was cheaper than 802 but they've since revised pricing.
thwaitm is offline Find More Posts by thwaitm