HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 08, 2012, 10:51 PM
Joined Jan 2012
682 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalMatCat View Post
I'm getting excited :P I have a question...

How possible would it be to 'add' channels? I understand this would be a limitation on the receivers end, but would it be possible for a Devo 8 to do 12 channel output to a rx1201 RX?
Yes it should be. Of course we need to understand the protocol 1st, and you'll also need custom firmware to map some interface to the new channels.
PhracturedBlue is offline Find More Posts by PhracturedBlue
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 09, 2012, 03:49 AM
Joined Jun 2010
118 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhracturedBlue View Post
I was not able to connect to the SWD if I started the Tx as usual, but I was able to jump to the reset-vector from within the SWLink software and then start/halt/step through it. Is that what you found too?
I have to check it was late/early in the morning

Quote:
The STLink software really isn't suitable for doing any debugging, and I don't have access to Keil or IAR. I guess I need to try out openocd, and see if I can get gdb working over the SWD port.
I seem to recall that the STLink is not compatible with OpenOCD, there are plenty of alternatives.

We still need to finish the analysis of the bootloader checks, there is a CRC check I don't fully understand and and maybe some param that are passed to the application
rcH4x0r is offline Find More Posts by rcH4x0r
Old Apr 09, 2012, 08:45 AM
Joined Jan 2012
682 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcH4x0r View Post
I seem to recall that the STLink is not compatible with OpenOCD, there are plenty of alternatives.
Well it wasn't until very recently, but I found some notes that it had been added in January (along with SWD support). I built from git and used this openocd.cfg file, and it did indeed work:
Code:
source [find interface/stlink-v2.cfg]
# increase working area to 128KB
set WORKAREASIZE 0x20000
source [find target/stm32f1x_stlink.cfg]
Old Apr 09, 2012, 01:03 PM
Joined Jun 2010
118 Posts
Before I forget, LCD PCB

Telemetry PCB will have to wait
Old Apr 09, 2012, 02:32 PM
Joined May 2011
655 Posts
@rcH4x0r
Do you have those pictures in higher resolution?

I have mirrored the main board bottom picture and aligned to the top one, this way I can easier follow a line throw both side, but the images are a bit too low in resolution...
FDR_ is online now Find More Posts by FDR_
Old Apr 09, 2012, 03:02 PM
Joined Jun 2010
118 Posts
I have these:

http://rch4x0r.com/DEVO8.html

But that's all right now
Old Apr 09, 2012, 04:42 PM
Better then Sliced Bread!
United States, CA, Arcata
Joined Oct 2011
2,649 Posts
Just to be sure... the stock antenna connector on the radio is standard SMA right? (the part at the top of the radio for the main antenna, not the U.FL connector inside)
NorCalMatCat is offline Find More Posts by NorCalMatCat
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Let'sFPV UBEC 1 WEEK SALE
Old Apr 10, 2012, 11:20 AM
Kingdom of Sweden, Västra Götaland County, Lindome
Joined Jul 2011
195 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalMatCat View Post
Just to be sure... the stock antenna connector on the radio is standard SMA right? (the part at the top of the radio for the main antenna, not the U.FL connector inside)
Yes thats correct.
Palle_Plutt is offline Find More Posts by Palle_Plutt
Old Apr 10, 2012, 12:13 PM
Joined Oct 2011
2,649 Posts
Good cause I am getting a 1 watt booster to use with my Devo :P
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 10, 2012, 12:28 PM
Kingdom of Sweden, Västra Götaland County, Lindome
Joined Jul 2011
195 Posts
Why?
Palle_Plutt is offline Find More Posts by Palle_Plutt
Old Apr 10, 2012, 12:48 PM
Joined Oct 2011
2,649 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palle_Plutt View Post
Why?
For FPV flying, a month ago I had my plane go down for RC link loss at 1600 feet ground distance, though being in a somewhat populated area, using 2.4Ghz RC and 1.3Ghz video is not a good combo (no LC filter), so I am going to use a 1 watt booster to hopefully get out to 2 miles range :P.
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 10, 2012, 06:40 PM
Joined Mar 2012
6 Posts
Hello, I was looking at pictures taken by xxxx is wrong but I would make the scheme possible through the images, layer circuit is simple if it seems to be a good test, I am confident that I could to make the Proteus .... .
Mr Trevisan is offline Find More Posts by Mr Trevisan
Old Apr 10, 2012, 10:53 PM
Joined Jan 2012
682 Posts
In case anyone is wondering about progress, I've been working on 2 things:
a) How to load a fully custom firmware into the DEVO bootloader and have it run. I'm pretty much done with this one I think. I still need to do some more testing.
b) How to communicate with the display. This is taking a longtime. Without a data-sheet, I need to determine the protocol purely from register writes. I've identified several of the routines responsible for writing to the display, including both low-level functions as well as some high-level drawing functions, and the LCD initialization function. I was hoping that the LCD initialization function would help me identify the LCD controller in use, but I wasn't able to find anything familiar that way. Currently I'm working on figuring out how to initialize the FSMC so we can actually write to the screen. My end goal is a small app that can enable the screen and draw something on it. Due to other commitments, I'm likely several days from being able to do that.
Old Apr 10, 2012, 11:43 PM
Live to learn. . .
Austin, TX
Joined Dec 2009
1,489 Posts
Somewhat off topic call for help

Hi Guys,

I got a Devo 8 a little while ago, and have been following this thread for a while. I'm not a programmer type, and I'll admit that this thread got over my head quick. Since you guys have your stuff down, I hope you don't mind me asking a quick, possibly simple question.

I just tried to update my Devo 8, and I couldn't ever get the computer to recognize the tx when I connected the USB cable. I'm able to get the tx into DFU mode, as the screen changes to say something about programming and shows a USB symbol, but I don't get the typical sounds I'm used to hearing from the pc when I plug in a usb device. The tx does not show up in the computer's device manager, so I can't load drivers.

I was initially trying on my Mac running Bootcamp, then tried on my pc from work, and both computers do the same thing. I'm pretty sure my usb cable is ok, as I've used it for other things recently.

Thanks, sorry for the interruption,

Rafa
Rafa's CB100 is offline Find More Posts by Rafa's CB100
Old Apr 11, 2012, 12:29 AM
Joined May 2011
655 Posts
Quote:
In case anyone is wondering about progress, I've been working on 2 things:
a) How to load a fully custom firmware into the DEVO bootloader and have it run. I'm pretty much done with this one I think. I still need to do some more testing.
b) How to communicate with the display. This is taking a longtime. Without a data-sheet, I need to determine the protocol purely from register writes. I've identified several of the routines responsible for writing to the display, including both low-level functions as well as some high-level drawing functions, and the LCD initialization function. I was hoping that the LCD initialization function would help me identify the LCD controller in use, but I wasn't able to find anything familiar that way. Currently I'm working on figuring out how to initialize the FSMC so we can actually write to the screen. My end goal is a small app that can enable the screen and draw something on it. Due to other commitments, I'm likely several days from being able to do that.
I've got some information about the DEVO 10's display, but it's quite different:
BW 128x64 TG12864H-17
FDR_ is online now Find More Posts by FDR_