Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jan 29, 2013, 10:40 PM
Team WarpSquad
Japan, Tokyo
Joined Jun 2011
2,764 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gapi View Post
Ok, Ok, I was Dyslexic. Still I want the RX2614V-D paper. This was taken from the Devo 10 pdf.

The way I ended up doing it was to go through each position with - to signal and then + to signal until you find the port that works. Also, if you short + to - you'll probably trip the over current on the ESC or just see some sparks n smoke... but actually not that likely to damage your RX. More likely to damage your BEC.
thwaitm is offline Find More Posts by thwaitm
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 29, 2013, 11:12 PM
North Georgia
Joined Oct 2010
410 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thwaitm View Post
The way I ended up doing it was to go through each position with - to signal and then + to signal until you find the port that works. Also, if you short + to - you'll probably trip the over current on the ESC or just see some sparks n smoke... but actually not that likely to damage your RX. More likely to damage your BEC.
I hear you. I stand corrected. I like how they put a bind plug in the Devo 10 box and say nothing on how to use it.
gapi is offline Find More Posts by gapi
Old Jan 29, 2013, 11:40 PM
Team WarpSquad
Japan, Tokyo
Joined Jun 2011
2,764 Posts
If you read the manuals it says to stick it in the battery port but... sometimes it's ELEV or AuxX... sometimes it's pin 1 to pin 2 or pin 1 to pin 3, you just have to be patient and hope that your battery-ESC connectors are easy to connect and disconnect!
Old Jan 29, 2013, 11:52 PM
Team WarpSquad
Japan, Tokyo
Joined Jun 2011
2,764 Posts
FWIW - Walkera support was very helpful

It seems Walkera don't have a problem to email you the DFU files for your TX if you have a problem with it.

My 7E hadn't been used for a while and when I was using it I found that some menu's had become garbled. I asked WK for the firmware and received it ~24 hours later. I've flashed it again and I had the same problem... turns out it was a bad connection on the batteries - I plugged the charge port in and the issue went away - cleaned the connections on the batteries and it stayed away.

I'm not really sure why they don't just have the FW on their site for download - eventually someone will post it online - if it hasn't already happened.
Old Jan 30, 2013, 08:09 AM
Joined Jan 2012
682 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thwaitm View Post
It seems Walkera don't have a problem to email you the DFU files for your TX if you have a problem with it.
I don't think "I installed Deviation on my 7e and don't like it" counts a s a problem to them though
PhracturedBlue is offline Find More Posts by PhracturedBlue
Old Jan 31, 2013, 09:27 AM
Joined Jun 2007
3 Posts
Sid3ways . Andy, I have the same problem . I want to add FrSky frecuency to my Devo 7. Do you founded the answer ? I don't understand people signing in this forum and keep their mouth shut. We are in contact Oscar
oscarpescador is offline Find More Posts by oscarpescador
Old Jan 31, 2013, 09:32 AM
Joined Jun 2007
3 Posts
Sid3ways . Andy, I have the same problem . I want to add FrSky frecuency to my Devo 7. Do you founded the answer ? I don't understand people signing in this forum and keep their mouth shut. We are in contact Oscar
oscarpescador is offline Find More Posts by oscarpescador
Old Jan 31, 2013, 09:37 AM
Live to learn. . .
Austin, TX
Joined Dec 2009
1,489 Posts
I wonder if you guys will eventually play with the Devo F7 and F4. I rember y'all talking about video screens a while back. http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1821553

Rafa
Rafa's CB100 is offline Find More Posts by Rafa's CB100
Old Jan 31, 2013, 09:52 AM
Joined May 2011
655 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafa's CB100 View Post
I wonder if you guys will eventually play with the Devo F7 and F4. I rember y'all talking about video screens a while back. http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1821553

Rafa

I've got this response:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDR
What's next? F7 or F4?
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhracturedBlue
And while I know FDR said it in jest, I have no plans to support the F7 at this time. I have no idea how to deal with the FPV aspects, and I think adding 2 new Tx to the supported list for the next build is sufficient.

I've got the feeling, that in the F7 and F4 the display is driven completely by the video, all the tx info is only overlayed on that...

EDIT: BTW, Rafa!
Was the text on the display pin sharp, or it was rather look like the FPV OSD systems?
FDR_ is offline Find More Posts by FDR_
Old Jan 31, 2013, 10:11 AM
Live to learn. . .
Austin, TX
Joined Dec 2009
1,489 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FDR_ View Post
EDIT: BTW, Rafa!
Was the text on the display pin sharp, or it was rather look like the FPV OSD systems?
Hmm. I'm not sure to say. I'll try to take some video of the menu system for you to look at. I'd say that the letters are sharp, but not pin sharp.

Rafa
Rafa's CB100 is offline Find More Posts by Rafa's CB100
Old Jan 31, 2013, 10:40 AM
Joined May 2011
655 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafa's CB100 View Post
Hmm. I'm not sure to say. I'll try to take some video of the menu system for you to look at. I'd say that the letters are sharp, but not pin sharp.

Rafa
Please look them with a magnifying glass.
If you look at other color DEVO screens, they don't used to apply anti-aliasing on texts, so a pixel should be completely black or not.
If the F4 letters are not like that, it could possibly mean, that they are overlaying it on the analogue video signal...
FDR_ is offline Find More Posts by FDR_
Old Feb 02, 2013, 09:04 PM
Controls Engineer
United States, NY, Amsterdam
Joined Dec 2012
1,327 Posts
Has there been any work on the 2801 binding timing mentioned a few pages back?
lasakro is offline Find More Posts by lasakro
Last edited by lasakro; Feb 03, 2013 at 09:44 AM. Reason: Update
Old Feb 03, 2013, 09:28 AM
Tri-Quad-Hexa-Octo-copters!!
United States, TX, San Antonio
Joined Feb 2007
14,446 Posts
Gents,
What is the exact reason that it is necessary to add the A7105 transceiver to the DEVO Tx's for some of the models? Is it a frequency range issue on the built in DEVO Tx transceiver?
Cheers,
Jim
Quadrocopter and Tricopter Info Mega Link Index
jesolins is offline Find More Posts by jesolins
Old Feb 03, 2013, 10:11 AM
Joined Jan 2012
682 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesolins View Post
Gents,
What is the exact reason that it is necessary to add the A7105 transceiver to the DEVO Tx's for some of the models? Is it a frequency range issue on the built in DEVO Tx transceiver?
While all of the transceiver chips use the same frequencies, each uses a a different protocol or bandwidth for communication. There are a few chips which may be able to talk to others, but so far I haven't found any reliable way of doing that.
So if the manufacturer chose a specific chip for their radio, we need to have the same chip to speak that protocol.
There are currently 5 chips in use in 2.4GHz RC that i am aware of, none of which have sufficient overlap with the others to be able to intercommunicate (this may not be strictly true, there may be specific settings that allow chips to intercommunicate, but in general they can not):
nrf24l01, a7105, cyrf6936, cc2500, cc2520
PhracturedBlue is offline Find More Posts by PhracturedBlue
Old Feb 03, 2013, 10:13 AM
Tri-Quad-Hexa-Octo-copters!!
United States, TX, San Antonio
Joined Feb 2007
14,446 Posts
Thanks P!
Cheers,
Jim
Quadrocopter and Tricopter Info Mega Link Index
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhracturedBlue View Post
While all of the transceiver chips use the same frequencies, each uses a a different protocol or bandwidth for communication. There are a few chips which may be able to talk to others, but so far I haven't found any reliable way of doing that.
So if the manufacturer chose a specific chip for their radio, we need to have the same chip to speak that protocol.
There are currently 5 chips in use in 2.4GHz RC that i am aware of, none of which have sufficient overlap with the others to be able to intercommunicate (this may not be strictly true, there may be specific settings that allow chips to intercommunicate, but in general they can not):
nrf24l01, a7105, cyrf6936, cc2500, cc2520
jesolins is offline Find More Posts by jesolins