HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 12, 2013, 11:39 PM
Newber
Joined May 2012
21 Posts
Battery - 2100 for D8s

That battery looks the same as mine generally, except the sticker cover.
Mine is snug, but definitely fits.
See photo posted in original note, yes, it is 2100 not 2200.

""here's dimensions -

ON the HK site comments , for ClearProp's web link -
>> Exact measurement on this battery is: 59,5mm x35,0mm x 27,0. All measurement is done with a calibrated vernier. <<

Mine looks like :
35.5x 26.5x 60 = max dims, with caliper. Not sure how many hours it's ran without being charged, but it's a lot, and the volt gage still says full.

Your mileage may vary.."" The web link HK battery should fit, mine does .. Good luck.
wavezz2k is offline Find More Posts by wavezz2k
Last edited by wavezz2k; Jan 13, 2013 at 01:41 PM. Reason: add dimension
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 13, 2013, 01:20 AM
Deviant
Joined Jul 2012
1,195 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by clearprop88 View Post
I'm looking for a battery for my Devo 8, this battery is the closest to your description that I could find, but it's a little too big.
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...iver_Pack.html
Would you send me the link?
Before clicking Buy Now measure your battery compartment and compare with the specs on that page. Just to make sure.
sbstnp is online now Find More Posts by sbstnp
Old Jan 13, 2013, 11:12 AM
Madison WI
Joined Jan 2009
599 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flint723 View Post
On the download page, there is a file called "deviation-fs-devo8.zip" I believe you use that for the file system on the devo 6 and the devo 8. But like it says, you do not replace the "Model" or "modelico" folders on your tx, or it will overwrite all your models and custom icons.
Quote:
Originally Posted by clearprop88 View Post
Yes . You use the Walkera Dfuse tool to upgrade Deviation to the v2.1.0 version.
Then do as Flint says. Use the Devo 8 "deviation-fs-devo8.zip" file to upgrade the Devo 6 filesystem.
Thanks guys. I have no models or custom icons to preserve, so I'll just copy everything over as if starting from scratch.
jazzjohn is offline Find More Posts by jazzjohn
Old Jan 13, 2013, 10:02 PM
Joined Jan 2012
682 Posts
In case folks here aren't following the work, I thought I'd provide an update.
I've spent the last 2 weeks putting Deviation on a diet in order to be able to properly support the Devo7e. The results are quite impressive. Using the Devo10 as a reference, I've reduced the size of the ROM by 15% and the size of RAM by 27% without the loss of any significant functionality.
These gains were enough to fit Deviation onto the Devo7e after also removing language support, 'Standard' mixer support, and support for the Flysky/Hubsan protocols, but preserving all other capabilities.
However, I wasn't happy with losing the protocol support, so I added the ability to load the protocol code from the filesystem into RAM (which I have enough of after the code diet). This saved another 10kB and provides the flexibility to support as many protocols as we'd ever want to. I can now use that extra 10kB to ad the standard mixer back in.
So I now have a Devo7E which has all of the capabilities of the Devo10 except for language support. There isn't enough RAM to support multiple languages on the Devo7e, but we may be able to work around that by providing multiple dfu files for each langauge.
With the standard mixer support, there isn't really nay room for further expansion, so we may need to make a call about whether to keep that capability or not for the 7e going forward.

I need to do quite a bit of testing, and then should be ready to release the 1st 7e build. Note that it is currently a one-way street. Until Walkera releases a firmware for the 7e, moving to Deviation means there is no way to go back.
PhracturedBlue is offline Find More Posts by PhracturedBlue
Old Jan 13, 2013, 11:11 PM
Controls Engineer
United States, NY, Amsterdam
Joined Dec 2012
1,331 Posts
Bind Question: Setting Fixed ID

Using devo10-v2.1.0 I bind to my V120D02S RX2622V (2801 protocol) no problem. I then set the fixed ID and select BIND. The rx LED then flashes slow. Everything from there doesn't get me anywhere. What am I missing?
lasakro is offline Find More Posts by lasakro
Old Jan 13, 2013, 11:18 PM
United States, ND, Bismarck
Joined Mar 2012
304 Posts
As far as I know, you can't set fixed id on any of the v120's but I could be wrong.

I can't set mine with deviation on my rx2622 also 2801 protocol.
flint723 is offline Find More Posts by flint723
Old Jan 13, 2013, 11:55 PM
Controls Engineer
United States, NY, Amsterdam
Joined Dec 2012
1,331 Posts
Quote:
As far as I know, you can't set fixed id on any of the v120's but I could be wrong.

I can't set mine with deviation on my rx2622 also 2801 protocol.
The V120 manual has the procedure to clear a fixed ID so we are missing something.
lasakro is offline Find More Posts by lasakro
Old Jan 14, 2013, 12:24 AM
Deviant
Joined Jul 2012
1,195 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lasakro View Post
The V120 manual has the procedure to clear a fixed ID so we are missing something.
Probably a bug in the RX firmware.

And the manual is almost a copy-paste between most Walkera models.
sbstnp is online now Find More Posts by sbstnp
Old Jan 14, 2013, 07:35 AM
Team WarpSquad
Japan, Tokyo
Joined Jun 2011
2,997 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbstnp View Post
Probably a bug in the RX firmware.

And the manual is almost a copy-paste between most Walkera models.
A! Someone else noticed that...
thwaitm is offline Find More Posts by thwaitm
Old Jan 14, 2013, 10:21 AM
Heli Crash Survivor
United States, AR, North Little Rock
Joined Feb 2011
1,179 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lasakro View Post
Using devo10-v2.1.0 I bind to my V120D02S RX2622V (2801 protocol) no problem. I then set the fixed ID and select BIND. The rx LED then flashes slow. Everything from there doesn't get me anywhere. What am I missing?
Fix ID only works with the Devo RX's not on the 2801 protocol RX's.
Crash Survivor is offline Find More Posts by Crash Survivor
Old Jan 14, 2013, 10:25 AM
Joined Mar 2012
304 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash Survivor View Post
Fix ID only works with the Devo RX's not on the 2801 protocol RX's.
You mean with deviation right? Because I know that the 2702v (not -D) and the 8ch 2801 rx's can have fixed id's with the 2801 pro tx.
Last edited by flint723; Jan 14, 2013 at 12:43 PM.
Old Jan 14, 2013, 11:32 AM
Heli Crash Survivor
United States, AR, North Little Rock
Joined Feb 2011
1,179 Posts
Quote:
You mean with deviation right? Because I know that the 2702v (not -D) and the 8ch 2801 rx's can have fixed id's with the 2701 pro tx.
No not using deviation yet. But looks like I'm wrong. I was comparing with my experience. I can fix ID my MCP & DEVO V120D02S, but not my 2801 V120D02S's.
Crash Survivor is offline Find More Posts by Crash Survivor
Old Jan 14, 2013, 12:01 PM
Joined Jan 2012
682 Posts
I tested Fixed ID on a WK-2801 when I wrote the codein Deviation, and it has additionally been confirmed on some other Rx with Deviation. However, there have been many Rx that have bugs limiting how well fixed-id works for different models. So I'd 1st start be ensuring the model can bind a fixed-id with a 2801 Tx, and then try it on Deviation. Note that some Rx required you to use the same 'ID' that was used for original binding (so you select a fixed-id but do not change the number you see). I haven't done any tetsing recently, and bugs may have crept in. I will re-verify that binding works with my WK-2801 RX at least.
PhracturedBlue is offline Find More Posts by PhracturedBlue
Old Jan 14, 2013, 02:59 PM
Joined Mar 2012
304 Posts
I asked about the fixed id on rx2622 over on the v120d02s thread. Everyone said that none of the rx26xx series supported fixed id on 2801 protocol, only the 2702v and the 8ch rx.
Old Jan 14, 2013, 03:33 PM
Joined Jan 2008
63 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wavezz2k View Post
As aside, Batteries - my D8s has fitted a Zippy 2100mah 2s3P receiver battery which was put in by prior owner, seems to run forever.
(edit corrected, 2100 ,NOT 2200)

1) Donation <?>
Personally, would be happy to donate to Devo open source, and am quite impressed by the progress to date (FWIW). I could send via uspost an international money order, or western union, or perhaps the USPS money order would work Internationally ; assuming a direct paypal can not work (some European areas are excluded for direct PayPal email?). I am running a Devo8, with an earlier flash - you guys have excellent documentation and function. The 100mw flash alone is worth $15 to me, and would buy you a few beers. 1,000 folks did the same, you would have time to really develop this further. I would be happy to kick-in again in the future, after my next upgrade. This DeviationTX firmware has real value, supporting multiple Rx is awesome. Seriously, I would like to send a check or MO, if PayPal is not an option.

2) Protocol <?> 2801 Walkera
My apology in advance for limited understanding on the DSC port, and protocols.

The 'dsc' port on the older walkera is a type of ttl/serial protocol, I assume. Is this protocol documented somewhere? Is the DSC on Devo8 the same as on the 2801, or has that changed on the newer Tx?

3) Wish item, <Wanted, related to #2>
I'd like to pipe the Rc-Copter droid APK (a la', Walkera magic cube) from a phone, into the PC for running sims without using a physcial Tx. This is not not core Deviation -centric, but is somewhat related due to varied protocols on DEVIATION Tx development. If MagicCube hardware plugs into both the 2801, and the APK 'out' to the earphone port on a Droid, isn't the Droid output functionally the same (serial, voltage, etc) as the 2801 DSC output port? Is PPM the standard, and stock Walkera 2801 uses proprietary on the DSC (I'm just unclear on this) ?

My reason to pipe the RC-copter to a USB PC interface (Walkera 2801 protocol) into a PC flight sim, is so while travel or killing time, you can run a sim using one's droid phone, which (for me), carry everywhere. No Tx, no prob. Turn on your PC, pull out phone. I can't lug around a TX all the time, keyboard commands don't cut it.

Perhaps, 'phracturedblue' guru has protocol documented, or someone in this thread can point me in the right direction. Any thread link or manual download pointer would be great, as I find various Walkera documents lacking ...

Many thnx for any observations or comments.

Per battery link, 2 posts down, here's dimensions -

ON the HK site comments , for ClearProp's web link -
>> Exact measurement on this battery is: 59,5mm x35,0mm x 27,0. All measurement is done with a calibrated vernier. <<

Mine looks like :
35.5x 26.5x 60 = max dims, with caliper. Not sure how many hours it's ran without being charged, but it's a lot, and the volt gage still says full.

Your mileage may vary..
I assume this is a 7.4v battery. Does it work on your 4.8v TX fine? I am looking at buying this too if it does.
quacka is offline Find More Posts by quacka