HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 11, 2013, 05:57 AM
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Oct 2011
847 Posts
7E and 6S having the same case but not sure if it can take the 2S...ut I'm using It on my devo6 that bought from hk.
OnceAFly is offline Find More Posts by OnceAFly
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 11, 2013, 10:32 AM
.--troll-o-copter--.
United Kingdom, Warks
Joined Jun 2012
214 Posts
Hi fellas,

I'm having trouble finding info anywhere else. Apologies if this isn't the right thread.

Any idea if we can get RSSI info out of the Devo RX702 or RX802?

My OSD has an input for it but there's nothing on the RX. Seems like a massive oversight to me.

Cheers.

phox.
phoxache is offline Find More Posts by phoxache
Old Jan 11, 2013, 11:24 AM
Deviant
Joined Jul 2012
1,142 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoxache View Post
Hi fellas,

I'm having trouble finding info anywhere else. Apologies if this isn't the right thread.

Any idea if we can get RSSI info out of the Devo RX702 or RX802?

My OSD has an input for it but there's nothing on the RX. Seems like a massive oversight to me.
I personally don't know of any RX with an explicit RSSI output connector (might be wrong though). Do you?

Whatever I could find about Futaba or T9X for example are based on hacks only.
sbstnp is offline Find More Posts by sbstnp
Old Jan 11, 2013, 02:45 PM
Controls Engineer
United States, NY, Amsterdam
Joined Dec 2012
1,327 Posts
I went to upgrade the firmware in my Devo 10 and, stupid me, updated the Walkera firmware. Yes I downloaded to my computer just in case. Now the DfuSu USB tool will not see the radio by holding the EXT key and powering it up. The radio does display "Program Updated.........". Win 7 x64.
lasakro is offline Find More Posts by lasakro
Old Jan 11, 2013, 02:47 PM
Controls Engineer
Joined Dec 2012
1,327 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lasakro View Post
I went to upgrade the firmware in my Devo 10 and, stupid me, updated the Walkera firmware. Yes I downloaded to my computer just in case. Now the DfuSu USB tool will not see the radio by holding the EXT key and powering it up. The radio does display "Program Updated.........". Win 7 x64.
Never mind. Bypassed my USB hub. Now it see's it. Thanks for your help
Old Jan 11, 2013, 05:48 PM
Sweden, Helsingborg
Joined Jun 2012
2,605 Posts
Has anyone had a look at unlocking the transmit power of the devo 7e?
Xermalk is offline Find More Posts by Xermalk
Old Jan 11, 2013, 11:15 PM
Carbon fiber is our friend
United States, CA, Lodi
Joined Feb 2001
4,196 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yud View Post
Hi,

Has anyone used a different battery than the 4 x AA?
Thanks.
I'm going to look at some options. A 2s lipo and regulator like you use for rx power should work. I just haven't checked to see if anything fits in my 8s yet. Perhaps a couple of 18650's.
Steve C is offline Find More Posts by Steve C
Last edited by Steve C; Jan 11, 2013 at 11:22 PM.
Old Jan 12, 2013, 01:58 PM
Newber
Joined May 2012
17 Posts
Donation, Protocol 2801 dsc, Wanted /Wish RC-Copter Sim interface

As aside, Batteries - my D8s has fitted a Zippy 2100mah 2s3P receiver battery which was put in by prior owner, seems to run forever.
(edit corrected, 2100 ,NOT 2200)

1) Donation <?>
Personally, would be happy to donate to Devo open source, and am quite impressed by the progress to date (FWIW). I could send via uspost an international money order, or western union, or perhaps the USPS money order would work Internationally ; assuming a direct paypal can not work (some European areas are excluded for direct PayPal email?). I am running a Devo8, with an earlier flash - you guys have excellent documentation and function. The 100mw flash alone is worth $15 to me, and would buy you a few beers. 1,000 folks did the same, you would have time to really develop this further. I would be happy to kick-in again in the future, after my next upgrade. This DeviationTX firmware has real value, supporting multiple Rx is awesome. Seriously, I would like to send a check or MO, if PayPal is not an option.

2) Protocol <?> 2801 Walkera
My apology in advance for limited understanding on the DSC port, and protocols.

The 'dsc' port on the older walkera is a type of ttl/serial protocol, I assume. Is this protocol documented somewhere? Is the DSC on Devo8 the same as on the 2801, or has that changed on the newer Tx?

3) Wish item, <Wanted, related to #2>
I'd like to pipe the Rc-Copter droid APK (a la', Walkera magic cube) from a phone, into the PC for running sims without using a physcial Tx. This is not not core Deviation -centric, but is somewhat related due to varied protocols on DEVIATION Tx development. If MagicCube hardware plugs into both the 2801, and the APK 'out' to the earphone port on a Droid, isn't the Droid output functionally the same (serial, voltage, etc) as the 2801 DSC output port? Is PPM the standard, and stock Walkera 2801 uses proprietary on the DSC (I'm just unclear on this) ?

My reason to pipe the RC-copter to a USB PC interface (Walkera 2801 protocol) into a PC flight sim, is so while travel or killing time, you can run a sim using one's droid phone, which (for me), carry everywhere. No Tx, no prob. Turn on your PC, pull out phone. I can't lug around a TX all the time, keyboard commands don't cut it.

Perhaps, 'phracturedblue' guru has protocol documented, or someone in this thread can point me in the right direction. Any thread link or manual download pointer would be great, as I find various Walkera documents lacking ...

Many thnx for any observations or comments.

Per battery link, 2 posts down, here's dimensions -

ON the HK site comments , for ClearProp's web link -
>> Exact measurement on this battery is: 59,5mm x35,0mm x 27,0. All measurement is done with a calibrated vernier. <<

Mine looks like :
35.5x 26.5x 60 = max dims, with caliper. Not sure how many hours it's ran without being charged, but it's a lot, and the volt gage still says full.

Your mileage may vary..
wavezz2k is offline Find More Posts by wavezz2k
Last edited by wavezz2k; Jan 13, 2013 at 11:14 AM. Reason: <<Revise battery note>>
Old Jan 12, 2013, 04:42 PM
flying beam
through the Looking Glass
Joined Apr 2008
1,649 Posts
Hi and welcome,

For the point 1. this is what the FAQ on the deviation site says :

Do you accept donations?

The short answer is 'No'. Deviation is a hobby for me. I enjoy working on it, and will continue to do so as long as it remains interesting. If I were to accept donations, I would feel beholden to working harder to provide features or fix bugs. That would make the hobby less enjoyable to me. I purchase hardware with my discretionary funds, and I do not need any help doing so.

For the other points you would have more attention if posted on the deviation forum :

http://www.deviationtx.com/forum/index
blackmoon is offline Find More Posts by blackmoon
Old Jan 12, 2013, 04:49 PM
Controls Engineer
Joined Dec 2012
1,327 Posts
Is there a Deviation users guide for English on the Devo 10 out the. I couldn't find it. While I can't read french the pictures were nice. Not a big deal if not because I have a pretty good handle on it. Thanks.
Old Jan 12, 2013, 05:28 PM
flying beam
through the Looking Glass
Joined Apr 2008
1,649 Posts
Deviation 10 manual English http://www.deviationtx.com/repositor...serManual.pdf/
blackmoon is offline Find More Posts by blackmoon
Old Jan 12, 2013, 06:18 PM
Madison WI
Joined Jan 2009
598 Posts
I'm a little confused on upgrading my Devo 6 from a previous Deviation version. Do I still have to use Walkera's Dfuse upgrade tool?

The manual says:

"Next unzip the deviation-fs-devoXXx.
y.z.zip to the PC and copy all directories EXCEPT for the ‘models’ directory and the
tx.ini file to the transmitter."

but the unzipped file for the DEvo 6 ver. 2.1.0 only contains the *.dfu file.
jazzjohn is offline Find More Posts by jazzjohn
Old Jan 12, 2013, 07:03 PM
United States, ND, Bismarck
Joined Mar 2012
296 Posts
On the download page, there is a file called "deviation-fs-devo8.zip" I believe you use that for the file system on the devo 6 and the devo 8. But like it says, you do not replace the "Model" or "modelico" folders on your tx, or it will overwrite all your models and custom icons.
flint723 is online now Find More Posts by flint723
Old Jan 12, 2013, 08:54 PM
Joined Apr 2011
1,449 Posts
[QUOTE=jazzjohn;23795054]I'm a little confused on upgrading my Devo 6 from a previous Deviation version. Do I still have to use Walkera's Dfuse upgrade tool?

QUOTE]

Yes . You use the Walkera Dfuse tool to upgrade Deviation to the v2.1.0 version.
Then do as Flint says. Use the Devo 8 "deviation-fs-devo8.zip" file to upgrade the Devo 6 filesystem.
clearprop88 is online now Find More Posts by clearprop88
Old Jan 12, 2013, 09:42 PM
Joined Apr 2011
1,449 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wavezz2k View Post
As aside, Batteries - my D8s has fitted a Zippy 2200mah 2s3P receiver battery which was put in by prior owner, seems to run forever.
I'm looking for a battery for my Devo 8, this battery is the closest to your description that I could find, but it's a little too big.
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...iver_Pack.html
Would you send me the link?
clearprop88 is online now Find More Posts by clearprop88