HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 14, 2012, 11:00 AM
Deviant
Joined Jul 2012
1,161 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by costelior View Post
Hmmm, Devo 6/8s balance without adapter ?
I think 8S does, but don't take my word for it. My reasoning is the positioning of the strap ring, below the on/off switch, the other way around as on the Devo 10.
sbstnp is online now Find More Posts by sbstnp
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 14, 2012, 11:00 AM
Joined May 2011
655 Posts
...and the 10 is probably heavier too, because it uses eight AA batteries while the 6 and 8 use four.
FDR_ is offline Find More Posts by FDR_
Old Dec 14, 2012, 11:38 AM
Deviant
Joined Jul 2012
1,161 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FDR_ View Post
...and the 10 is probably heavier too, because it uses eight AA batteries while the 6 and 8 use four.
I use a LiPo on mine so it's not heavy at all Will try a LiFe sometime probably, but since I had this LiPo that fit and it's 2500mah I'm all set so far.
Old Dec 15, 2012, 12:24 AM
...if you take the time
Israel, Tel Aviv
Joined Jul 2012
212 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbstnp View Post
I think 8S does, but don't take my word for it. My reasoning is the positioning of the strap ring, below the on/off switch, the other way around as on the Devo 10.
8s does balance nicely.
PurpleShark is offline Find More Posts by PurpleShark
Old Dec 15, 2012, 09:18 AM
Joined Oct 2012
21 Posts
Quote:
Hmmm, Devo 6/8s balance without adapter ?
The 8/8s is the only Devo with the eyelet for the neckstrap below the power switch. It should balance fairly well without an adapter, depending on what batteries you use. Unfortunately the other Devo TX all have the eyelet above the power switch and would need an adapter to balance well.

I don't understand why Walkera and the other manufacturers get this wrong most of the time. How hard can it be to put the neckstrap near the center of the TX instead of at the top?
Byrdwyngs is offline Find More Posts by Byrdwyngs
Old Dec 16, 2012, 04:07 AM
Bucharest, Romanaia
Joined Sep 2006
14 Posts
Any chance to have some glider specific templates (from somebody who knows deviation and sailplanes)?

One template for a 6 servo sailplane is enough. Because Devo6/8/10 don't have lateral sliders the (optional) motor should be on a switch - easy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhracturedBlue View Post
I have both a Devo8 and Devo10.
Lastly, be aware that Deviation has a very steep learning curve. It is unlike any producton tx (though somewhat similar to Er9x), and many people are discuraged before mastering it. suvsuv is developing an alternate interface for Deviation which will make it feel much more familiar, but that interface will only be available on the Devo10 initially.
costelior is offline Find More Posts by costelior
Old Dec 16, 2012, 02:07 PM
Joined Apr 2011
1,503 Posts
I'm trying to setup my new AR7200BX on my Devo 6 with Deviation FW version v1.1.1
I have the Heli 6 chan template loaded, and am using DSM2 TX protocol.

THR appears on ch 1
AIL on ch2
ELE on ch 3
This is unusual because all other protocols use THR on CH3.

Anyway I can't get it to work properly.
Has anyone setup a BX on Deviation?

My experience so far is that I have successfuly setup a 2702V, and RX2618V using the 6 ch template on my Devo 6.
clearprop88 is offline Find More Posts by clearprop88
Old Dec 16, 2012, 03:25 PM
Joined Mar 2011
462 Posts
I have a 2801 PRO and a BNIB RX-2608 that will not bind. I did the memory clean on the RX and seems to have cleared. What do I do after that unplug it and try binding again right? Because that is not working. I figured one of you guys may know how to get it to work. I have another one that binds just fine with that model memory.
Also is there any cheap alternative RX to use for a 2801PRO that anyone knows of? I need to just get a 8s but that is going to have to wait until after the holidays. Then I will have a cheap alternative.
Thanks for your help guys!
Apphoard is offline Find More Posts by Apphoard
Last edited by Apphoard; Dec 16, 2012 at 04:14 PM.
Old Dec 16, 2012, 11:25 PM
Deviant
Joined Jul 2012
1,161 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by clearprop88 View Post
I'm trying to setup my new AR7200BX on my Devo 6 with Deviation FW version v1.1.1
I have the Heli 6 chan template loaded, and am using DSM2 TX protocol.

THR appears on ch 1
AIL on ch2
ELE on ch 3
This is unusual because all other protocols use THR on CH3.

Anyway I can't get it to work properly.
Has anyone setup a BX on Deviation?

My experience so far is that I have successfuly setup a 2702V, and RX2618V using the 6 ch template on my Devo 6.
That is the correct order for DSM2. Throttle on channel 3 you'll find on Devo and FlySky, possibly others.

For BX, try not to do CCPM on the TX, but on the RX. AFAIK you can send simple channels like THR, AIL, ELE, RUD to BX and it will do the mixing internally. (if in mixer you find Cyclic1 through 3 you are doing CCPM on the TX).
Old Dec 16, 2012, 11:56 PM
Joined Apr 2011
1,503 Posts
I think the Heli 6 ch template doesn't apply to DSM2 rx's.
I moved the THR, complex functions to CH 1, and changed CH 3 to ELE, simple.
But this throws the template labels off.

I haven't tried it yet but I think this might work.
clearprop88 is offline Find More Posts by clearprop88
Old Dec 17, 2012, 12:20 AM
Joined Oct 2012
275 Posts
I have a defective Devo 7 - does not turn off, so no way to store settings, apparently it does it only on a regular power down. I'm gonna try to flash a firmware update for it, and despite it wires its USART1 to trainer port, it's upgrade protocol is not the STM32 serial boot - sloadhost does not recognize it. I plan to use JTAG, which is thoughtfully broken out on the board.

Does anybody know, what format is the firmware update from Walkera site in? I need a backup ability to flash the Walkera's firmware back to be able to experiment with it - it's my only Walkera radio.
victzh is offline Find More Posts by victzh
Old Dec 17, 2012, 12:34 AM
Joined Jan 2012
682 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by victzh View Post
I have a defective Devo 7 - does not turn off, so no way to store settings, apparently it does it only on a regular power down. I'm gonna try to flash a firmware update for it, and despite it wires its USART1 to trainer port, it's upgrade protocol is not the STM32 serial boot - sloadhost does not recognize it. I plan to use JTAG, which is thoughtfully broken out on the board.

Does anybody know, what format is the firmware update from Walkera site in? I need a backup ability to flash the Walkera's firmware back to be able to experiment with it - it's my only Walkera radio.
I believe ISP should work if you connect the 2 jumpers, so you don't need the SWD port (there is no JTAG, only SWD I believe)

I thought I had a devo7 image I'd analyzed here, but I don't see it at the moment. I'll try to take a look tomorrow and see what I can find.

The devo6/8/10/12 use an encrypted image which is handled by the bootloader, but I don't think they have enough space on the Devo7 for a significant bootloader, and I'm pretty sure the Devo7 firmware is not encrypted. I'll let you know more once I take a look.
PhracturedBlue is offline Find More Posts by PhracturedBlue
Old Dec 17, 2012, 01:07 AM
...muy bien...
Germany, BW, Pforzheim
Joined Jul 2012
186 Posts
Quote:
Any chance to have some glider specific templates (from somebody who knows deviation and sailplanes)?

One template for a 6 servo sailplane is enough. Because Devo6/8/10 don't have lateral sliders the (optional) motor should be on a switch - easy.
I guess the forum on deviationtx should be adressed with such requests.
rcgchris is offline Find More Posts by rcgchris
Old Dec 17, 2012, 03:33 AM
Joined Jul 2011
71 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FDR_ View Post
I use a LiPo in my Devo 10, works great, if you keep the voltage in range.
But it IS heavy!

Cheers, Ralf
rapega is offline Find More Posts by rapega
Old Dec 20, 2012, 08:17 PM
United States, TN, Memphis
Joined Dec 2011
860 Posts
Another question. How would I set a flat 65% throttle curve like I would on a Spek tx with Deviation?
itsmillertime is offline Find More Posts by itsmillertime