Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Oct 31, 2012, 12:00 PM
United States, MI, East Tawas
Joined Aug 2011
119 Posts
[QUOTE=NotFastEnuf;23147594]That is the one I am trying to use but will not work. Crashes as soon ad I try to open the program after installing[/QUOTE

Try uninstalling and reverting to the one that was posted earlier in the thread (v1.4). After installing, make sure you right-click the icon or the exe and tell it to run in XPSP3 Compatibility mode and maybe even "Run as administrator".

Check the rights of the exe on the SECURITY tab to make sure SYSTEM has rw access. Other than that just keep trying different computers until you find one that works or try a clean install of XP with only SP3 installed.

Sorry, I wish I had an answer that was easier. I checked all over the net and on walkera's forum and there was no easy fix. It was very random as far as which computers worked. Some people have it working on Win7 and some on XP.

It is possible that there is an update causing this or that some non-related software is using a file that dfuse needs to access to.
j35u5fr34k is offline Find More Posts by j35u5fr34k
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 01, 2012, 10:55 AM
United States, FL, Apopka
Joined May 2012
65 Posts
Those instructions for 1.4 on win 7 worked. Thanks. Up and running!!!!
NotFastEnuf is online now Find More Posts by NotFastEnuf
Old Nov 01, 2012, 11:22 AM
Joined Aug 2011
119 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotFastEnuf View Post
Those instructions for 1.4 on win 7 worked. Thanks. Up and running!!!!
Awesome. Are you "unbricked" yet?
Old Nov 01, 2012, 11:50 AM
United States, FL, Apopka
Joined May 2012
65 Posts
Yes but having touch screen problems now. Devo is up and running but after calibrating the touch screen all was well. I clicked on test for the calibration and the touch stopped working. I have been advised to replace the tx.ini file and will report on that tonight. I used the arrow keys to get back to calibration but calibrating did not bring it back. Progress anyway ... It is no longer a brick. Lesson learned too ... Stmicroelectronics dfuse tool is no good for a devo. And its better to ask first before performing steps i do not understand. The guys at deviation are so helpful.

Update ... All is well now!
NotFastEnuf is online now Find More Posts by NotFastEnuf
Last edited by NotFastEnuf; Nov 02, 2012 at 09:12 AM.
Old Nov 07, 2012, 12:15 PM
Mini CP - Nano CPX - Devo 6
Joined Nov 2010
199 Posts
Does anybody know if the Devo 8 or 12S Telemetry upgrade module is compatible with the Devo 6? The part looks exactly the same and even the part number printed on the board "WK-21201 RF" is apparently the same.

I know my Devo 6 already has telemetry and everything, I actually just want to replace the module after a poor soldering job on my part trying to replace the antenna. I noticed Hobbyone sells the Devo 8S antenna separately, so I'm thinking of getting both the antenna and module for a plug and play range extension. As of now, when I put my TX to -10db I lose signal with my Genius CP rx within 5-6 feet, so I definitely did something wrong with the antenna install.
Couchking is offline Find More Posts by Couchking
Old Nov 08, 2012, 12:34 AM
United States, TN, Memphis
Joined Dec 2011
860 Posts
Is there not an option to calibrate battery voltage? I just put in a fully charge life at 7.2v but the tx is displaying 6.33v.
itsmillertime is offline Find More Posts by itsmillertime
Old Nov 08, 2012, 12:13 PM
United States, TN, Memphis
Joined Dec 2011
860 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmillertime View Post
Here's a buddy code for a nicely dimensioned life battery for my Devo 8: http://www.hobbyking.com/buddy.asp?c...A-553A7A75E1B7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palle_Plutt View Post
That won't fit in devo8.
Change that to the 1700 instead.

Regards
Paul
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palle_Plutt View Post
Ok strange I have that one and I can't make it fit.
Please post a picture.
Finally got the battery from HK.. Takes quite a bit of work and I'd just stick with rechargeables if I had to do it again.
itsmillertime is offline Find More Posts by itsmillertime
Old Nov 08, 2012, 12:47 PM
Joined Aug 2011
119 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmillertime View Post
Finally got the battery from HK.. Takes quite a bit of work and I'd just stick with rechargeables if I had to do it again.
Looks like you had to grind away the NiCad slot?
Old Nov 12, 2012, 04:01 PM
Joined Mar 2011
462 Posts
I saw someone say they barely get half the range with a Devo that they get on a Dx7. Anyone know if this is true? I thought I saw some of you guys changed the antenna on your Devo 8. Did that give it a whole bunch more range when you did?
Apphoard is offline Find More Posts by Apphoard
Old Nov 12, 2012, 04:14 PM
United Kingdom, England, Ashford
Joined Jun 2007
42 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhracturedBlue View Post
Cool. I ordered one. We'll see what can be done with it.
The Hubsan X4 also uses A7105 module. Does this mean if I fit a A7105 transmit module in my Devo 8S I could use deviation software to fly Hubsan? As shown here: http://deviationtx.com/downloads/Fly...0-%20Draft.pdf
RCaDDiCT! is offline Find More Posts by RCaDDiCT!
Old Nov 12, 2012, 04:24 PM
Joined Jun 2007
42 Posts
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/A7105...623601913.html

Has anyone used this wireless transceiver module on their Devo 8S and is it confirmed to work with deviation software?
Old Nov 12, 2012, 05:50 PM
Joined Jan 2012
682 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCaDDiCT! View Post
The Hubsan X4 also uses A7105 module. Does this mean if I fit a A7105 transmit module in my Devo 8S I could use deviation software to fly Hubsan? As shown here: http://deviationtx.com/downloads/Fly...0-%20Draft.pdf
Not exactly.
1st off. use the latest document:
https://www.deviationtx.com/reposito...y-to-Devo.pdf/

That documents how to use the A7105 module from AliExpress

2nd. You'll only be able to fly the Hubsan if it uses the same protocol as the V911 or after I get mine and try to determine the protocol. There is not a 100% guarantee I can make it work, but so far I've been able to support each of the protocols I've worked on.

I ordered one, but have no idea when it may arrive.
PhracturedBlue is offline Find More Posts by PhracturedBlue
Old Nov 12, 2012, 06:44 PM
Joined Jun 2007
42 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhracturedBlue View Post
Not exactly.
1st off. use the latest document:
https://www.deviationtx.com/reposito...y-to-Devo.pdf/

That documents how to use the A7105 module from AliExpress

2nd. You'll only be able to fly the Hubsan if it uses the same protocol as the V911 or after I get mine and try to determine the protocol. There is not a 100% guarantee I can make it work, but so far I've been able to support each of the protocols I've worked on.

I ordered one, but have no idea when it may arrive.
Have just ordered a module form AliExpress. Would be really great if you could get this protocol working with deviation!

Thanks again for making this amazing software possible!
Old Nov 12, 2012, 10:31 PM
yud
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Nov 2012
57 Posts
noob question

Apologies in advance for the noob question:

If I understand correctly I can put Deviation on a supported Walkera Tx and will be able to fly other vendors helis (provided the receiver is supported).
Is this correct?
yud is offline Find More Posts by yud
Old Nov 12, 2012, 10:35 PM
United Kingdom, Bristol
Joined Aug 2008
1,765 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yud View Post
Apologies in advance for the noob question:

If I understand correctly I can put Deviation on a supported Walkera Tx and will be able to fly other vendors helis (provided the receiver is supported).
Is this correct?
Yes
SadSack is online now Find More Posts by SadSack