HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 27, 2012, 09:59 PM
Joined Dec 2011
2,796 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zadaw View Post
Also, if you do see a person walking in the flying field, you should bring down the heli immediately.
The problem with that is that when you are flying a helicopter you are looking at where it is not where it is going so someone can walk out onto your field and you might not see them till it's heading right for them.
Atomic Skull is online now Find More Posts by Atomic Skull
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 27, 2012, 10:05 PM
Joined Dec 2011
2,796 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotFastEnuf View Post
I am betting the old walkera parts will work. The gimbals in my old 2602 are ball bearing and appear to be the same as the devo ones that are pictured on walkeras website. You can get a 2602 or 2603 for like 35 bucks.
Are the gimbals soldered directly to something or do they use plugs to attach to the mainboard?
Atomic Skull is online now Find More Posts by Atomic Skull
Old Oct 27, 2012, 10:07 PM
Joined Dec 2011
118 Posts
Phractured,

I tried the latest test code with the DSM 2 changes. It binds fine, but none of the controls work after the bind. I tried setting it for different number of channels: 6, 7, 8.

I forgot to mention, I copied my old model files from the previous versions, I did not create new ones.
briareos7777 is offline Find More Posts by briareos7777
Old Oct 27, 2012, 10:10 PM
Joined Jan 2012
677 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by briareos7777 View Post
Phractured,

I tried the latest test code with the DSM 2 changes. It binds fine, but none of the controls work after the bind. I tried setting it for different number of channels: 6, 7, 8.
Ok, I'll look at it again. As I said, I don't have much working DSM2 hardware, so I'm limited in what testing I can do.
PhracturedBlue is offline Find More Posts by PhracturedBlue
Old Oct 27, 2012, 10:28 PM
Joined Dec 2011
118 Posts
Phractured,

It looks like it has something to do with this new block of code:
s32 value;
if (chmap[i] == 0xff) {
value = 0xffff;
} else {
value = (s32)Channels[chmap[upper * 7 + i]] * (max / 2) / CHAN_MAX_VALUE + (max / 2);
if (value >= bits)
value = bits-1;
else if (value < 0)
value = 0;
value = (upper ? 0x8000 : 0) | (chmap[upper * 7 + i] << bits) | value;
}
packet[i*2+2] = (value >> 8) & 0xff;
packet[i*2+3] = (value >> 0) & 0xff;

When i put back the original code that was there, it works.
Old Oct 27, 2012, 11:56 PM
Joined Jan 2012
677 Posts
Quote:
Phractured,

It looks like it has something to do with this new block of code:
s32 value;
if (chmap[i] == 0xff) {
value = 0xffff;
} else {
value = (s32)Channels[chmap[upper * 7 + i]] * (max / 2) / CHAN_MAX_VALUE + (max / 2);
if (value >= bits)
value = bits-1;
else if (value < 0)
value = 0;
value = (upper ? 0x8000 : 0) | (chmap[upper * 7 + i] << bits) | value;
}
packet[i*2+2] = (value >> 8) & 0xff;
packet[i*2+3] = (value >> 0) & 0xff;

When i put back the original code that was there, it works.
well, that is basically the onlything that is changed (besides channel selection) so I'm not surprised that it works. Doesn't really help much since that new code is needed to support things like the Tarot ZYX module
Old Oct 28, 2012, 12:00 AM
Joined Jan 2012
677 Posts
Well...there are 2 really obvious bugs in that code. I've released a new version that may be better.
Old Oct 28, 2012, 12:34 AM
Joined Dec 2011
118 Posts
I'll try it tomorrow.

Looking at the code, the for loop will have "i" having the value of 0 to 6, which is 7 numbers. The lookup table has 8 numbers. Also, it looks like the 4 channel map (ch_map4) should have 4 0xff in it. (Or 3, whatever is the correct number of items that goes in there, if I'm even understanding it correctly). Right now i guess if you set it to 4 channle it'd just fill it with whatever is at the beginning of ch_map5, since that's the data that's next to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhracturedBlue View Post
Well...there are 2 really obvious bugs in that code. I've released a new version that may be better.
Old Oct 28, 2012, 09:29 AM
Joined Oct 2009
376 Posts
Dunno if your still looking for the hubsan PhracturedBlue but ive just ordered it from here http://www.sunsky-online.com/product...ject.id=271117
Jetboatftw is offline Find More Posts by Jetboatftw
Old Oct 28, 2012, 10:05 AM
Joined Jan 2012
677 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetboatftw View Post
Dunno if your still looking for the hubsan PhracturedBlue but ive just ordered it from here http://www.sunsky-online.com/product...ject.id=271117
Cool. I ordered one. We'll see what can be done with it.
Old Oct 28, 2012, 12:07 PM
Joined Dec 2011
118 Posts
Phractured,

I tested the lastest code, it seems to be working fine now. I can move the servos. It had the channel map array force 10 bit mode change in it.
Old Oct 29, 2012, 09:37 PM
Joined Dec 2011
118 Posts
Phractured,

btw, when making the devo 10 code work with model selection. I saw that in listbox.c GUI_CreateListBox

You probably want:
u8 old = LCD_SetFont(Display.listbox.font ? Display.listbox.font : DEFAULT_FONT.font);

right after the "return NULL"
then at the end:
LCD_SetFont(old);

before the "return obj;"

I was changing the listbox font size but it was not calculating how many entries fit the smaller font size I chose.
Old Oct 29, 2012, 09:51 PM
Joined Jan 2012
677 Posts
Quote:
Phractured,

btw, when making the devo 10 code work with model selection. I saw that in listbox.c GUI_CreateListBox

You probably want:
u8 old = LCD_SetFont(Display.listbox.font ? Display.listbox.font : DEFAULT_FONT.font);

right after the "return NULL"
then at the end:
LCD_SetFont(old);

before the "return obj;"

I was changing the listbox font size but it was not calculating how many entries fit the smaller font size I chose.
suvsuv is workring on the Devo10 stuff. I haven't played with the listbox there yet. Note that the current implementation is to always set the font when you need to and never to restore it to how it was. This provides optimal performance, only changing the font as needed.

Also, if you want to report issues, doing it on bitbucket is preferable, I cannot kep track of issues posetd in this thread.
Old Oct 30, 2012, 02:26 AM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,005 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BThirsk View Post
If that is the case, maybe you could ask this vendor if they could get model config layout data for each devo radio and then conversion software could be written to transfer models from one devo series to another. It would make upgrades simpler. It would probably be useful to transfer model data from Devo to Deviation although those that are familiar with the deviation code would have to answer that.
Frankly, you will need much higher access than he does with low level staff. It really doesn't follow that they really like what is going on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomic Skull View Post
The problem with that is that when you are flying a helicopter you are looking at where it is not where it is going so someone can walk out onto your field and you might not see them till it's heading right for them.
There were 3 modelers on the spot where that accident occurred. The other could have warned the person who was flying the heli. Obviously nobody knows exactly what happened there. Here is an official Walkera video of their new V450D03 doing 3D in a public park with people nearby.

Walkera V450D03 RC Helicopter (3 min 25 sec)
zadaw is online now Find More Posts by zadaw
Old Oct 30, 2012, 09:09 PM
United States, ND, Bismarck
Joined Mar 2012
291 Posts
That video is actually pretty impressive. I can't figure out why their official video is only 360p quality though.
flint723 is offline Find More Posts by flint723