HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 21, 2012, 01:55 PM
United States, FL, Apopka
Joined May 2012
65 Posts
10-4. I will pick up a 10 ch then. I need at least 10 for my viperjet build in progress. 2 elev, 2 rudder, 2 flaps, 2 ailerons, throttle, and retracts. I hate using y's and reversers ... No way to adjust end points to match control surface movements.
NotFastEnuf is offline Find More Posts by NotFastEnuf
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 21, 2012, 05:58 PM
...muy bien...
Germany, BW, Pforzheim
Joined Jul 2012
186 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotFastEnuf View Post
10-4. I will pick up a 10 ch then. I need at least 10 for my viperjet build in progress. 2 elev, 2 rudder, 2 flaps, 2 ailerons, throttle, and retracts. I hate using y's and reversers ... No way to adjust end points to match control surface movements.
Isn't even the Devo 6 12-Ch with Deviation?
rcgchris is offline Find More Posts by rcgchris
Old Oct 21, 2012, 07:09 PM
Joined Jan 2012
682 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcgchris View Post
Isn't even the Devo 6 12-Ch with Deviation?
Yes, but with the Devo6 you're pretty limited in controls. It would probably be fine for the setup you described NotFastEnuf descibed, but the extra controls on the Devo 8 or 10 give more flexibility
PhracturedBlue is offline Find More Posts by PhracturedBlue
Old Oct 21, 2012, 08:32 PM
Joined Dec 2011
118 Posts
I hacked up the devo 10 code, so I could select the models that were made on the devo 8s deviation.

I installed the flysky module on the devo 10 also. I was able to bind and fly the wl toy 929. I wanted to make sure the flysky module worked in the devo 10 also. Wasn't sure if I messed up any soldering.

The code changes in channels.c had to be changed for the devo10 to get the right channels:

case INP_THROTTLE: value = ADC1_Read(13); break;
case INP_RUDDER: value = ADC1_Read(11); break;
case INP_ELEVATOR: value = ADC1_Read(15); break;
case INP_AILERON: value = ADC1_Read(12); break;
briareos7777 is offline Find More Posts by briareos7777
Old Oct 22, 2012, 12:13 AM
Joined Dec 2011
118 Posts
Regarding the battery voltage. It jumps around a bit, which makes it hard to read on the devo 10.

One possible fix is only change it if it goes down or if it goes up more than 0.10 volts.

In main_page.c function voltage_cb:
can replace:
sprintf(mp->tmpstr, "%2d.%02dV", mp->battery / 1000, (mp->battery % 1000) / 10);

with:
static s16 last_battery_value = 0;
if (mp->battery < last_battery_value || (mp->battery - last_battery_value > 100))
{
last_battery_value = mp->battery;
}
sprintf(mp->tmpstr, "%2d.%02dv", last_battery_value / 1000, (last_battery_value % 1000) / 10);
briareos7777 is offline Find More Posts by briareos7777
Old Oct 22, 2012, 09:09 AM
Joined Dec 2011
254 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhracturedBlue View Post
Well, I have an RX1202, and it works (sort of). Unfortunately, once I bound the Rx1202 to my Tx (in 8 ch mode sadly), it will not unbind. Lots of people have had binding issues with the RX1202, and while most seem to be able to get it to work eventually, I am not one of them. So my RX1202 works well as an 8-ch receiver. For sure a 10 or 12ch Rx will bind with the Deviation firmware. I believe it will work for up to 12 channels as well, but I can no longer verify that. I probably wouldn't recommend the RX1202 just because I (and many others) have had issues with binding/unbinding it.
Some guys have successful binding with different magic things - plug the battery into the Aux 7 channel located below the BAT input, plug the battery into the BAT with negative to the top of Rx.

"Matter always related to Fixed ID: about all new receivers (802 and 1202 I have) I discovered (by mistake) than connecting the power (5V) to the BATT socket with plug inverted (ground - black wire -on the signal), RX goes to power ON (strange behaviour, isn't?) BUT the "matched" ID will be canceled! (without using the provided bind Plug)."
vlad_vy is offline Find More Posts by vlad_vy
Last edited by vlad_vy; Oct 22, 2012 at 09:14 AM.
Old Oct 22, 2012, 09:21 AM
Joined Jan 2012
682 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vlad_vy View Post
Some guys have successful binding with different magic things - plug the battery into the Aux 7 channel located below the BAT input, plug the battery into the BAT with negative to the top of Rx.

"Matter always related to Fixed ID: about all new receivers (802 and 1202 I have) I discovered (by mistake) than connecting the power (5V) to the BATT socket with plug inverted (ground - black wire -on the signal), RX goes to power ON (strange behaviour, isn't?) BUT the "matched" ID will be canceled! (without using the provided bind Plug)."
Yes, I have tried everything I found out there. For me nothing works. Thanks though.
Old Oct 22, 2012, 03:50 PM
Germany
Joined Jun 2012
169 Posts
MTC 01 Magic Cube

Dear Devo Hackers, what do you think about Walkera MTC-01 Magic Cube pocket transmitter?

It has upgradeable firmware. It could be useful to have Firmwares with different settings on how this thing interprets the PPM Signals. Then it could be used with much more different Transmitters separately or as a built-in module.
gektor is offline Find More Posts by gektor
Old Oct 22, 2012, 04:07 PM
United Kingdom, Bristol
Joined Aug 2008
1,774 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gektor View Post
Dear Devo Hackers, what do you think about Walkera MTC-01 Magic Cube pocket transmitter?

It has upgradeable firmware. It could be useful to have Firmwares with different settings on how this thing interprets the PPM Signals. Then it could be used with much more different Transmitters separately or as a built-in module.
So its using 2x168......hmmmm It wouldn't have a simple serial interface like the spectrum modules use ?

Nice pictures BTW, Thanks.
SadSack is offline Find More Posts by SadSack
Old Oct 22, 2012, 04:58 PM
Joined Dec 2011
3,152 Posts
Anyone know anything about the RX701? It has long antennas like the RX802 but is quite a bit cheaper at $26 from Ehirobo.

I also like that the plugs come out the back instead of out the top as it makes for cleaner wiring.

EDIT: Looks like there is a long and a short antenna version? And the long antenna version is cheaper?

Atomic Skull is offline Find More Posts by Atomic Skull
Last edited by Atomic Skull; Oct 22, 2012 at 05:09 PM.
Old Oct 22, 2012, 05:47 PM
Joined Jan 2012
682 Posts
Looks like one of the ATmegas is responsible for decoding the PPM signal, and the 2nd is used for encrypting the protocol. The ATmega is likely too limited to support several protocols. Supporting multiple PPM inputs would likely be within reason, but certainly not a task I'd be interested in. If it is anything like their upgradeable receivers, the firmwares are encrypted with an XOR key, making it difficult to upgrade without replacing the bootloader (i.e. you can't go back to the original firmware unless someone figures out the key). In short, that thing does not look interesting for me to play with.

The pictures are really useful though, so thanks for taking them.
Old Oct 22, 2012, 08:46 PM
Joined Dec 2011
3,152 Posts
Does anyone know you'd figure out the correct length for a full wavelength antenna on the RX801? The stock antennas are 41mm, and there is an approximately 10mm trace between the pad and a chip that both antennas are connected to so it's not simply a matter of the trace + the antenna or the combined length would be 62mm, which it's not (more like 52mm)
Old Oct 22, 2012, 08:50 PM
Joined Dec 2011
3,152 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalMatCat View Post
Just a quick check, the RX1002 will work with Devo 8? (Not custom firmware, the default firmware), and will it with custom firmware allow all 10 channels to be used?
I too am interested in using an RX 1001 with my Devo8 because it costs the same as the RX802 and has a nicer case. Hobbyone has it for $33 with free shipping so it actually costs the same as getting the $26 RX701 + shipping from Ehirobo.
Last edited by Atomic Skull; Oct 22, 2012 at 08:56 PM.
Old Oct 23, 2012, 05:03 AM
United States, FL, Apopka
Joined May 2012
65 Posts
That is exactly what I have ordered but from oomodel - an 8s and a 1002 Rx. I have been told to bind in 10ch mode with deviation or u will only get 8 ch out of it.
NotFastEnuf is offline Find More Posts by NotFastEnuf
Old Oct 23, 2012, 07:37 AM
Joined May 2011
655 Posts
WOW! Another new DEVO, but now an interesting one:
http://www.walkera.com/en1/particular.jsp?pn=DEVO+F7

FDR_ is offline Find More Posts by FDR_