HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 25, 2012, 10:19 AM
Joined Jan 2012
682 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gektor View Post
What about the opposite of my grousing: doing it myself (perhaps with some community help over here) and tweaking a couple of things?
Of course
Quote:
Could you provide a small answer (I haven't read the Deviaton code in an exact matter yet): Is all the GUI stored in "src\gui" and "src\filesystem\media"?
There are several layers of code.
The actual interface is entirely defined in the pages/ subdir. Each file (basically) represents a single page of the GUI interface

The gui/ subdir contains the primitives (buttons, boxes, spinboxes, image-drawing, bar-graphs, etc). You shouldn't need to touch this unless you want to add new primitives

The screen/ subdir contains an API for interfacing with the display. It deifines how to read a BMP file, how to draw lines, and squares

Then there is the actual LCD driver which exists in target/ which is responsible for drawing individual pixels

Quote:
Do you have a developer Guide other than "README" and "DEVELOPERS", which are in the source?
No, sorry, I don't really have anything like that at this time.
Quote:
Do you perhaps have best practice advice on: Which programming environment to use best?
I use VIM on Linux in a virtual-machine on my Win7 box.
Some folks use Eclipse, which is nice, but you need to be careful not to reformat all my code, otherwise I can't accept changes.

Quote:
how to compile for Tx and Simulator (is in the README, yes?), where to store code to align with your license etc.
Yes the README contains instructions on building for PC, Mac, and Linux.
The license is GPL3 which means as long as the source is freely available, and you don't change the license, you can do pretty much what you like. I recommend using bitbucket with mercurial, as it is the easiest way to keep code in sync and to push changes to me if you want to, but there is certainly no requirement that you do.
PhracturedBlue is offline Find More Posts by PhracturedBlue
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 25, 2012, 10:22 AM
Joined Jan 2012
682 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by briareos7777 View Post
Phractured,

A7105-500m wireless transceiver Antenna / nRF24L01 + / CC2500/SI4432/CC2530

Arrived for me today.
I got mine too but won't have time to play with it until this weekend

Quote:
When i plugged back the original the transceiver, one side of the pins was not connected. The TX powered on, but then when i tried switching models it powered off. Hopefully I didn't damage the TX or the transceiver modules.
It is quite unlikely. The modules are run off 3.3V and while there is no protection on the SPI pins, neither the MCU, nor wth CYRF chips should have any issue with shorted signals at that voltage.
PhracturedBlue is offline Find More Posts by PhracturedBlue
Old Sep 25, 2012, 10:39 AM
United States, NJ, Sea Isle City
Joined Oct 2006
15 Posts
If anyone in the community has a Devo 12 and would like to have the Deviation firmware ported to this transmitter. We need your help. There is an LCD driver chip that sits above the LCD ribbon connector with the marking scrapped (see pics). We need to know what this chip is to continue development. I was curious if all Devo12's have the markings scrapped off, or if it was just some of the first few.
kohansey is offline Find More Posts by kohansey
Last edited by kohansey; Sep 25, 2012 at 11:19 AM.
Old Sep 25, 2012, 01:45 PM
Joined Feb 2012
14 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kohansey View Post
If anyone in the community has a Devo 12 and would like to have the Deviation firmware ported to this transmitter. We need your help. There is an LCD driver chip that sits above the LCD ribbon connector with the marking scrapped (see pics). We need to know what this chip is to continue development. I was curious if all Devo12's have the markings scrapped off, or if it was just some of the first few.
I have a Devo 12s and that chip say:
EPSON
S1D13517F00A1
G10480176
Japan
brerax is offline Find More Posts by brerax
Old Sep 25, 2012, 02:15 PM
Joined May 2011
657 Posts
Documentation:
http://vdc.epson.com/index.php?optio...=329&Itemid=99
FDR_ is offline Find More Posts by FDR_
Old Sep 25, 2012, 04:27 PM
United States, NJ, Sea Isle City
Joined Oct 2006
15 Posts
No wonder I was having a hard time figuring out the chip. The pin 1 marker was scrapped off and I was using the wrong marker for pin 1.
kohansey is offline Find More Posts by kohansey
Old Sep 25, 2012, 10:39 PM
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Oct 2011
847 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhracturedBlue View Post
It is likely sufficient to just cut the vdd line.
That should cut power to the chip and effectively disable it.
I also could probably add some power features. the chip does support a low-power mode that will draw far less energy when not in use.
No If I just cut the Vdd It is having same problem and I have tested at lease 3 wire need to be cut off in order for the tx to work properly. I cut off the Vdd,GND & SDIO for devo6 to functioning. Now here the problem Its hard to find a 9 pin switch that is small enough to fit as I don't intend mount it outside the tx...

Edit: Update on devo6 with fly sky mod. I have found out the real reason that make my devo6 flysky protocol not working as Pb's pdf instruction. The pin 6 on CYRF6936 module is 6.8vdc output which is far too hogh for the A7105 module and instead wire it to Vdd near TMS you are soldering. I learn it the hard way as the 1st A7105 transmit module burned and happen I have 1 more WLtoy beetle with the same module to rip out. Now I can change between the protocol without any switch mod
OnceAFly is offline Find More Posts by OnceAFly
Last edited by OnceAFly; Sep 26, 2012 at 06:26 AM.
Old Sep 26, 2012, 09:39 AM
Joined Sep 2012
21 Posts
Finally!

Such a great news!!

Being able to use a single Tx serving as a radio control for many Rx.

Wow!

Thank you guys working on this sooo much!!!

Now the stupid question:
Which Devention model is recommended?

I read deviation was mainly develepod for the Devo8, but:

There is
Devo 6
Devo 7
Devo 7E
Devo 8
Devo 8s
Devo 10
Devo 12

I guess I would be fine with any of them, but just from the looks I'd prefer the 6 which at the same time seems to be the most economic choice as long as I don't use more then 6Ch, right?
m8ychris is offline Find More Posts by m8ychris
Old Sep 26, 2012, 09:51 AM
Joined May 2011
657 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by m8ychris View Post
Which Devention model is recommended?

I read deviation was mainly develepod for the Devo8, but:
I guess I would be fine with any of them, but just from the looks I'd prefer the 6 which at the same time seems to be the most economic choice as long as I don't use more then 6Ch, right?
At the moment DEVO 6, 6S, 8 and 8S are supported.
IMO the best value for the money is the DEVO 10 if you don't mind the fancy touch screen, but it is not yet supported...

BTW with the deviation fw you can have more than 6 channels with a DEVO 6, however there are too few switches to actually be able to control them...
FDR_ is offline Find More Posts by FDR_
Old Sep 26, 2012, 12:06 PM
Malaysia, Penang, Bayan Lepas
Joined Apr 2010
460 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FDR_ View Post
At the moment DEVO 6, 6S, 8 and 8S are supported.
IMO the best value for the money is the DEVO 10 if you don't mind the fancy touch screen, but it is not yet supported...

BTW with the deviation fw you can have more than 6 channels with a DEVO 6, however there are too few switches to actually be able to control them...
A quick comment of what I have, Devo10 and Devo12:
Devo10 is a nicer fitting in my hand (which is quite large) than Devo12
Devo12's stick is somehow a little nicer in feeling, but they're both very nice. Futaba's stick is a little nicer somehow.
Devo12 is significantly heavier than Devo10, without neckstrap, Devo12 will tire the hands after a good 20 mins flight (in my case)...
thloh85 is offline Find More Posts by thloh85
Old Sep 27, 2012, 10:48 PM
Joined Dec 2011
3,390 Posts
Is it safe to use an RX801 in a Trex 500? Or should I use a DSM2 RX with a sat or an RX802 with the longer antennas? I know some people run a 500 size helicopter with just one sat on the FBL and don't seem to have problems.
Atomic Skull is offline Find More Posts by Atomic Skull
Old Sep 28, 2012, 07:57 AM
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Oct 2011
847 Posts
I have a few 801 and 802 all install on 450 heli and quad without problem. And my friends install a 802 on goblin 700 also without issue.
Old Sep 28, 2012, 06:29 PM
Joined Dec 2011
3,390 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnceAFly View Post
I have a few 801 and 802 all install on 450 heli and quad without problem. And my friends install a 802 on goblin 700 also without issue.
802 has long antennas, the 801 does not, which is why I'm asking if the 801 will have problems with radio shadowing in a 500 size CF frame helicopter.

Also I bet people $%#& a brick when they see someone flying a Goblin 700 with a Walkera radio.
Atomic Skull is offline Find More Posts by Atomic Skull
Old Sep 28, 2012, 09:21 PM
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Oct 2011
847 Posts
Ya mnay ppl asking why not use a proper radio for goblin and my friend ask them back whats wrong with using walkera radio to fly it? Lol
Old Sep 29, 2012, 02:57 PM
Übernewbie eager to learn
Sweden, Skåne County, Malmö
Joined Jun 2012
14 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by m8ychris View Post
Finally!

Such a great news!!

[...]
Couldn't agree more! Awesome job!

For what it's worth, OOmodel are dumping the 8S right now $177:
http://www.oomodel.com/walkera-devo-...r-p-63307.html
Masen72 is offline Find More Posts by Masen72