HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 20, 2012, 11:23 PM
Joined Jan 2012
682 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnceAFly View Post
I didn't have the time to test other protocol before shut down. Was confiuring and enjoy flying the beetle and suddenly, the beetle drop from 3 feel to ground and there was no power on the tx left.
I haven't had any issues with mine so far, so I'm not sure what would cause that.
Sorry I have a very full schedule at the moment and at least for the next little while, won't have any significant time to spend on Deviation.
PhracturedBlue is offline Find More Posts by PhracturedBlue
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 20, 2012, 11:23 PM
United States, TN, Memphis
Joined Dec 2011
860 Posts
Aha! Thanks guys. I'm fairly sure that's my problem. So what's in store for the future in regards to telemetry? The Frsky d6-fr looks interesting.
itsmillertime is offline Find More Posts by itsmillertime
Old Sep 21, 2012, 12:49 AM
<Marty>
United States, KY, Springfield
Joined Jul 2011
1,740 Posts
if i had one of these could i take out the module and use it to add the flysky protocal to my devo8? or does anybody know if it has the same module as the v911 tx?
http://www.xheli.com/79p-ct6b-r6b-radiosystem.html

thanks...
magic_marty is offline Find More Posts by magic_marty
Old Sep 21, 2012, 01:56 AM
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Oct 2011
847 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhracturedBlue View Post
I haven't had any issues with mine so far, so I'm not sure what would cause that.
Sorry I have a very full schedule at the moment and at least for the next little while, won't have any significant time to spend on Deviation.
Its ok PB we all know you are very busy and i'm already very greatful for the deviation on devo6 you provided Not conplaining anything here cheer!

I'll put a switch on the v911 tx to turn on and off maybe for the time being..
OnceAFly is offline Find More Posts by OnceAFly
Old Sep 21, 2012, 08:00 AM
Joined Jan 2012
682 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_marty View Post
if i had one of these could i take out the module and use it to add the flysky protocal to my devo8? or does anybody know if it has the same module as the v911 tx?
http://www.xheli.com/79p-ct6b-r6b-radiosystem.html

thanks...
It is possible but I can't guarantee it. The flysky 9x uses a PWM input module (module converts PWM to SPI on-board. there is no easy way to get directly to the spi interface that we need)
I don't know what is inside the Tx you showed.
If you are looking for a longer range module (or don't want to ruin your 9x transmitter) it is very likely this module will work:
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/A7105...623601913.html

Of course it'll take a month to arrive, and mine isn't here yet, so while I am confident it will work, I haven't tested it yet.
Old Sep 21, 2012, 12:00 PM
<Marty>
Joined Jul 2011
1,740 Posts
does anybody by chance what protocal the syma rc x1 quad uses? ?Just curious if perhaps its a known protocal or in a class of its own...

thanks a bunch...

EDIT: found out the syma x1 uses the flysky protocal...another model that will bind to deviation with the v911 module..
Last edited by magic_marty; Sep 21, 2012 at 11:43 PM. Reason: found answer..
Old Sep 21, 2012, 07:13 PM
United States, TN, Memphis
Joined Dec 2011
860 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmillertime View Post
Aha! Thanks guys. I'm fairly sure that's my problem. So what's in store for the future in regards to telemetry? The Frsky d6-fr looks interesting.
Loaded the mcpx .ini and everything appears to be working as it should. I'll have to compare the new .ini to the template and hopefully gain some insight as far as mixer programming. Thanks again guys.

Now to research battery options...
itsmillertime is offline Find More Posts by itsmillertime
Old Sep 22, 2012, 12:24 AM
Kingdom of Sweden, Västra Götaland County, Lindome
Joined Jul 2011
195 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmillertime View Post
Loaded the mcpx .ini and everything appears to be working as it should. I'll have to compare the new .ini to the template and hopefully gain some insight as far as mixer programming. Thanks again guys.

Now to research battery options...
I have ordered a nano-tech LiFePo4 reciver pack 1700mAh and think that will be almost optimal for devo8.
I have tested with the 2100mAh version that did not fit the TX.
But that one got me 5-6 hours with the TX turned on with maximum transmit power and full back light with out diming or powersave on display.
So I guess the 1700 will give at least 10 hour with more normal TX power (for a mini heli) and a display timeout of 10 min.
The auto shutoff level on TX will not destroy a 2 cell LiFePo4
And there been no problem of turning on or of TX during 4 weeks of testing so voltage of battery is in range of what the devo can handle.

This is on my Devo8 and I can't guarantee function on other units.

Regards
Paul
Palle_Plutt is offline Find More Posts by Palle_Plutt
Old Sep 22, 2012, 08:29 AM
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Oct 2011
847 Posts
Quote:
I didn't have the time to test other protocol before shut down. Was confiuring and enjoy flying the beetle and suddenly, the beetle drop from 3 feel to ground and there was no power on the tx left.
I think the problem is due to the deviation for for devo6 not able to trigger the chip selection. If I leave the tx chip soldered on devo6, It will stuck on flysky protocol and not allowing me the select others protocol. Once I removed the chip and it can be use as normal. It could because of difference mainboard layout.

Old Sep 22, 2012, 10:09 AM
Joined Jan 2012
682 Posts
Quote:
I think the problem is due to the deviation for for devo6 not able to trigger the chip selection. If I leave the tx chip soldered on devo6, It will stuck on flysky protocol and not allowing me the select others protocol. Once I removed the chip and it can be use as normal. It could because of difference mainboard layout.
I don't quite understand. There are no tx chips soldered with respect to the Flysky mod. Do you mean the wire to the TMS pin?
If the v911 module is working at all, then it isn't directly a problem with the board layout. The TMS pin is almost certainly connected to the same pin on the MCU for both Tx.
It may be that I need to de-init something on the cyrf module. Also make sure you have no shorts in your soldering on either end of the module, and that you used the correct pins.
Old Sep 22, 2012, 02:14 PM
<Marty>
Joined Jul 2011
1,740 Posts
i believe by "chip" he is talking about the flysky module...
Old Sep 22, 2012, 08:09 PM
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Oct 2011
847 Posts
Sorry for the misunderstanding in my previous post. Yes I am taking about the v911 module "chip"

Yes I am very sure there is no shorts between pins on both side and follow the pin carefully as in your pdf. The photo I posted was with the module removed. I am looking for a switch to make this work by switching it off will cut off pin 2 to pin 6...just thinking where is the best position to put this switch.
Old Sep 24, 2012, 01:50 AM
Germany
Joined Jun 2012
165 Posts
User Interface Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhracturedBlue View Post
This right here is why I refuse to accept any payment for Deviation whatsoever. Developers are paid to implement features for their users. It is their job to listen and respond to fededback. I am paid by my employer to do all sort of cool things too. But I work on Deviation for fun because I think its cool. I don't work on it to have a huge user-base, and I don't even work on it because I want to personally fly a bunch of models with one Tx (I am a horrible pilot as it turns out). I don't like coding user interfaces. It is boring, tedious work, and everyone has their own (contradictory) opinion on how it should work. I do like doing hardware and protocol hacking. So guess which things I try to spend most of my time on.

I took the concepts from a successful open-source transmitter who have already thought through all the problems (er9x), and reimplemented everything to suit my liking. That is the interface Deviation provides. I do not plan to change it significantly, though I'd be perfectly happy if someone wants to run with the code in a different direction (as long as they respect my licenses for any code they use). I am always open to suggestions, and when they align with my own interests, I will often try to implement them.

Everyone is free to walk with their feet. I hope you like Deviation and use it, but do not confuse that hope with any sort of obligation to provide you with your perfect transmitter. Deviation is not for everyone. If someone wants to design transmitter software that is, that would be awesome, but it is unlikely to be me.
This is a honest statement which is clear enough for everyone to stop grousing about the Interface. Thank you!

What about the opposite of my grousing: doing it myself (perhaps with some community help over here) and tweaking a couple of things?

Could you provide a small answer (I haven't read the Deviaton code in an exact matter yet): Is all the GUI stored in "src\gui" and "src\filesystem\media"?

Do you have a developer Guide other than "README" and "DEVELOPERS", which are in the source? Do you perhaps have best practice advice on: Which programming environment to use best, how to compile for Tx and Simulator (is in the README, yes?), where to store code to align with your licence etc.

Thank you again, it is very good to know where the priorities are for today.
gektor is offline Find More Posts by gektor
Old Sep 24, 2012, 10:46 PM
Joined Dec 2011
118 Posts
Phractured,

A7105-500m wireless transceiver Antenna / nRF24L01 + / CC2500/SI4432/CC2530

Arrived for me today. I connected it up, but don't have any receivers with the fly sky protocol yet. I tried just hitting the bind with the flysky protocol then switched back to a dsm 2 protocol just to see if it'd still work and it was fine.

My v929 didn't come yet to be able to test if it really works. When i plugged back the original the transceiver, one side of the pins was not connected. The TX powered on, but then when i tried switching models it powered off. Hopefully I didn't damage the TX or the transceiver modules.
briareos7777 is offline Find More Posts by briareos7777
Old Sep 25, 2012, 09:08 AM
Joined Jan 2012
682 Posts
Quote:
Sorry for the misunderstanding in my previous post. Yes I am taking about the v911 module "chip"

Yes I am very sure there is no shorts between pins on both side and follow the pin carefully as in your pdf. The photo I posted was with the module removed. I am looking for a switch to make this work by switching it off will cut off pin 2 to pin 6...just thinking where is the best position to put this switch.
It is likely sufficient to just cut the vdd line.
That should cut power to the chip and effectively disable it.
I also could probably add some power features. the chip does support a low-power mode that will draw far less energy when not in use.