HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 10, 2012, 08:35 AM
United States, NC, Holly Springs
Joined Dec 2010
104 Posts
Discussion
Eflite Apprentice Battery Substitutes

Just received my PNP Eflite Apprentice yesterday and now need to order a few additional items which includes flight batteries.

The manual states the Eflite EFLB32003S (3S, 11.1v, 3200mah, 20c) can be used. Pricing is around $55 on-line. Are there any possible substitutes to this battery that fit the Apprentice battery compartment and what are some good sources for on-line battery purchases?

Thanks in advance.
swimman is offline Find More Posts by swimman
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 10, 2012, 09:37 AM
Joined Feb 2008
2,693 Posts
Any similar battery will work. In fact, that plane can fly for something like 15 minutes on those batteries. In a pinch, I've let people borrow some of my 3S 2200s for that and they worked fine as well. Those were just dirt cheap hobby king batteries. ($8.95.) It's a little floatier with a smaller battery but that's fine for a trainer.
Dave H. is offline Find More Posts by Dave H.
Old Mar 10, 2012, 11:54 AM
Joined Dec 2008
344 Posts
The original battery which came with my Apprentice that I got about 3 years ago was also a 3200mah. And to get the cg right it had to go as far forward as possible. It's dimensions were as follows:

Length: 140mm; Width: 51mm; Thickness (height): 16.5mm; Weight: 247g's

I would check these measurements against the size of the battery compartment to make sure this size will fit as they might have changed it's size since I bought mine. If this size works, then look for 3 cell batteries that are close to matching the above dimensions, or a little smaller should not be a problem.

Also, you will more than likely have to change the battery connector to match the Apprentice EC3 if you don't get an E-flight battery, or the esc connector to match the battery.

Hope this helps.

Bob
thinman is offline Find More Posts by thinman