HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by Nelapaty, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Mar 10, 2012, 06:47 AM
KK4NZS
Virginia
Joined Sep 2006
1,398 Posts
Mini-Review
Custom quad designs (Nela's mini Outback Quad)

Well finally I have a quad designed by Dialfonzo & Me and cut by luis from My Rc build..http://www.myrcbuild.com/

First how in the world do you go about designing one well im not much of a designer but i had a rough idea, I saw a bunch of quads that I liked and wanted something that could be sporty small and fun and could handle some crashes.

I emailed Dialfonzo and it took off within a couple of days he came out with some designs wow he did some super designs If you ever have a chance check out his stuff really cool designs some of the best Ive seen so far and the price well not overpriced at all. http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/member.php?u=176689

after 2 weeks we were able to get it to a point where I really wanted it to look like and then He sent the design to Luis for cutting and out came the design in real life. Both of these gentlemen are fantastic to deal with pretty impressed with how fast they respond to email even im buggin them
Great job guys keep up the good work

Check out Dialfonzo's new frame, same size as mine..
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1605752

Pointers for the designs

I wanted it look nice offcourse everybody wants their quad to look snazzy well rounded robust and simple.
I find most of the designs are a complicated with lots of stuff to takeoff before you get to the board or even arm replacement,motor replacement etc..

Why is this special no its not its just a good simple design. Dialfonzo designed it in a way if it were to crash and you broke the arm its fairly easy take 4 screws out and waalaaa replace the arm and you are all set for some more flying..

The arms are reversable like some motors like park 300 where the shaft comes out the other end of the bell just reverse the arms and waaalaaa you are all set

motors are well protected inside the arm so if you run into a wall hmmm maybe if you runinto something and hit the arm first theory wise they should survive ..

so there it is pretty staight forward to put together and robust for playing around in your backyard..

SETUP
Frame weight 209grms 7.37ounces
AUW 585grms 20.65 ounces

Keda 20-50s 1080kv
8x 4.5 prop
10 to 12 amp esc
right now it will be housing a ccboard courtesy of my friend AKA 2 dogflier
and gens ace 1300..
Flight time of 8 minutes
enjoy some pics

flight video may follow

Nela's mini outback quad (4 min 34 sec)

Update1after logging more than 30hours of flight time i just want to say this thing is solid I received the aluminum standoffs and wow does that feel solid now or what .

I had issues on mounting my keychain camera on my other quads but I was able to mount it on this and wow was a huge difference I could actually see a video

This has been all that i wanted and man is this fun perfect for backyard or lunch break practice.

Ok I finally got myself a 32bit board from Abusemark and its great fit for the outback quad..Its the NAZE 32 ,

quick note this board requires some computer skills

heres the info..
http://www.microsofttranslator.com/B...c-abusemark%2F
http://abusemark.com/store/index.php...products_id=30

The thread..
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1595761
Heres some footage of the Naze 32 nesting in the outback
NAZE 32 with Outback mini frame (7 min 22 sec)
Nelapaty is online now Find More Posts by Nelapaty
Last edited by Nelapaty; Apr 08, 2012 at 03:38 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 10, 2012, 09:11 AM
Joined Mar 2011
118 Posts
well done very nice look cool as well from the design point of view.

but you might find that its to strong due to the fat arms might be a Little on the heavier side for its size.

but if your not planning on lifting your house then strong means crash away lol

nice one
monit111 is offline Find More Posts by monit111
Old Mar 10, 2012, 12:21 PM
KK4NZS
Virginia
Joined Sep 2006
1,398 Posts
compared to my tri frame which is totally out of wood its pretty light I have had a chance to weight the frame which I should probably do soon.. Yea I m not planning on lifting my house lol hahaha

ok yes you are right its slightly on the heavier side..209 grms or 7.37ounces
Thanx
Last edited by Nelapaty; Mar 10, 2012 at 04:41 PM.
Old Mar 10, 2012, 09:36 PM
Joined Mar 2011
118 Posts
no matter still a very good outcome keep up the good work look forward to seeing bigger things (i need my house moved lol )

no good work
monit111 is offline Find More Posts by monit111
Old Mar 11, 2012, 03:34 PM
KK4NZS
Virginia
Joined Sep 2006
1,398 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by monit111 View Post
no matter still a very good outcome keep up the good work look forward to seeing bigger things (i need my house moved lol )

no good work
Monit Thankyou,

I flew it today and wow this thing is perfect for some backyard fun and it was mixed with the coptercontrol board it was a perfect match
Old Mar 12, 2012, 09:09 PM
DiaLFonZo - UAV/Drone
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2007
6,724 Posts
HéHé... nice frame you got there..
Dialfonzo is offline Find More Posts by Dialfonzo
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: DiaLFonZo-Copter - Announcement
Old Mar 13, 2012, 08:13 AM
KK4NZS