HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by Jyester, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Mar 09, 2012, 06:27 AM
Jyester
Massachusettes
Joined May 2010
128 Posts
Discussion
Spectrum parts break down

This is a continuation of the previous blog. Got a hold of some used spectrum brick boards. Just for my own reasons I placed these parts on a scale. The main unit with two servos weighted in at 5 grams. The motor weighted in at 7grams with prop still attached. The aileron servo/w linkage 2grams. So 13 grams give or take. That's not bad when building to hit a target weight for a small indoor foamy. I've built two foam sbach one is epp the other is cellufoam. The cellufoam was the weight winner dry 13.4 grams, the epp 18 grams. So I'm going to do one brushless one cellufoam. Weight will vary greatly due to the need for the extra battery weight. As I mentioned in the previous discussion I'm using the es-18 three came in at 6.6 grams. That not bad! But stil a gram heavier then the spectrum brick. Cellufoam plane will be 33 grams with battery, I hope!! Epp hopefully 40 grams. The building and weight savings of the brick can't be beat! That's my personal opinion. Please feel free to comment on this discussion. Trying to get feedback I know their are others out there with good usable info.
Jyester is offline Find More Posts by Jyester
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 09, 2012, 02:53 PM
Jyester
Massachusettes
Joined May 2010
128 Posts
I just realized that I posted the break down if parts in a forum not this blog. To update you guys I bought some electrify Es-18 micro servos that work perfectly with very little chatter. At 4.8-5.0v a 5a esc with a 4.8-6.0v Rec. will work perfectly. In the forum a wanted to compare spectrum against any other company. As far as a light weight system go's spectrum can't be beat. I had a rcer comment about the anylink system. Only time will tell if these micro flight systems are tranferable to a scratchbuilt plane. I thing futuba and hitec( multiplex) need to rethink their persuits of an transmitter/ Rec /servo company and start incorporating some of their tech towards competing with spectrum. Price, ease of use, attractive looks, light weight and a ton of bind and fly planes to choose from that's what todays modeler wants and is always a big topic in the shop( mancave away from home).
Jyester is offline Find More Posts by Jyester