Old Mar 08, 2012, 07:44 PM
Don't look at me like that....
United States, AR, McDougal
Joined Aug 2005
2,801 Posts
Discussion
Marine's Facebook page tests military rules

http://washington.cbslocal.com/2012/...rs-from-obama/

Short of being ordered to rape old ladies or evicerate children, I think if you join the Military, ya better do what your told. If one person gets away with not following orders, whats next ? A squad, platoon, regiment. Chain of command right or wrong has to be followed.

He should resign from the Marines and go work for Mitts band wagon. There's no place for this in the Service.
62pilot is offline Find More Posts by 62pilot
Old Mar 08, 2012, 07:53 PM
Watts is life...
Bot's like to know where you live
Joined Sep 2003
2,862 Posts
Two primary root reasons why we are here today…

- Bush and his dream of liberating 3rd world Muslim countries.
- Obama and his bowing.

The fasted way to undo this, drill baby drill, and let Europe deal with their neighbors.
rcjetpilot is offline Find More Posts by rcjetpilot
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 08, 2012, 07:57 PM
Joined Aug 2005
2,801 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcjetpilot View Post
Two primary root reasons why we are here today…

- Bush and his dream of liberating 3rd world Muslim countries.
- Obama and his bowing.

The fasted way to undo this, drill baby drill
, and let Europe deal with their neighbors.
I'm having trouble breaking down this post. Drilling for oil will make him follow orders ?
Old Mar 08, 2012, 08:00 PM
USA, PA, Westmoreland Co.
Joined Aug 2008
1,339 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 62pilot View Post

Short of being ordered to rape old ladies or evicerate children, I think if you join the Military, ya better do what your told. If one person gets away with not following orders, whats next ? A squad, platoon, regiment. Chain of command right or wrong has to be followed.

He should resign from the Marines and go work for Mitts band wagon. There's no place for this in the Service.
whatever you say Lt Calley!
jonquinn is offline Find More Posts by jonquinn
Old Mar 08, 2012, 08:12 PM
Watts is life...
Joined Sep 2003
2,862 Posts
Quote:
I'm having trouble breaking down this post. Drilling for oil will make him follow orders ?
I'll go slowly....

This Marine, in my judgment is pretty close to break military rules… but he’s just one of the frustrated, who no longer see any reason to protect/defend 3rd world Muslim countries. We continue to be pawns (the USA treasure) to be used for “free flow” or the region… while “Europe” plays a token role in the process. Once we drill like there is no tomorrow, and drastically drop any need to support “the free flow”, Marines like this one won’t be in place where they see solders maimed and killed in the nobble cause, only the USA can do…. He’s frustrated and so are we.

I really wish his FB site wasn’t the only outlet for him to speak his mind.
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 08, 2012, 08:29 PM
Joined Aug 2011
727 Posts
One would hope that any Marine would refuse to obay "unlawful" orders regardless of whom issued the order.
UlteriorModem is online now Find More Posts by UlteriorModem
Old Mar 08, 2012, 08:35 PM
Beaumont ,peoples republic of Kalifornia
Joined Jan 2004
264 Posts
Quote:
In that context, he said, he was stating that he would not follow orders from the president if those orders included detaining U.S. citizens, disarming them or doing anything else that he believes would violate their constitutional rights.
Posse commetatus was whined about when they talked of military on the border ,only waned when they didnt have bullets and were only there to help out administratively .
ON the BORDER against foreign invaders.
In his context he said he was against being part of a police action towards fellow citizens.
I have heard of many active duty that follow a pledge that pertained to the exact same thing .
IMO
BS he should follow orders regardless..
What he is worryed about ,will happen in the liberal centers ,
You know, the Blue parts
before they deploy to the sticks,
and this works for me
debogus is online now Find More Posts by debogus
Last edited by debogus; Mar 08, 2012 at 08:43 PM. Reason: ADD
Old Mar 08, 2012, 09:21 PM
ein flugel schplinterizer
USA, FL, Pensacola
Joined Sep 2004
5,081 Posts
Quote:
I'll go slowly....

This Marine, in my judgment is pretty close to break military rules… but he’s just one of the frustrated, who no longer see any reason to protect/defend 3rd world Muslim countries. We continue to be pawns (the USA treasure) to be used for “free flow” or the region… while “Europe” plays a token role in the process. Once we drill like there is no tomorrow, and drastically drop any need to support “the free flow”, Marines like this one won’t be in place where they see solders maimed and killed in the nobble cause, only the USA can do…. He’s frustrated and so are we.

^^^^This^^^^
seanpcola is offline Find More Posts by seanpcola
Old Mar 08, 2012, 09:21 PM
Joined Aug 2005
2,801 Posts
Quote:
I'll go slowly....

Me thinks he's just a conservative that hates BO and refuses to do as he's told.
Old Mar 08, 2012, 09:29 PM
Watts is life...
Joined Sep 2003
2,862 Posts
Quote:
Me thinks he's just a conservative that hates BO and refuses to do as he's told.
I went slow, and answered your question... Me thinks the next time he’s ordered to burn anything, he suggests OB-1 take the point.
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 08, 2012, 09:45 PM
Beaumont ,peoples republic of Kalifornia
Joined Jan 2004
264 Posts
Quote:
So a good liberal would without question do what this marine said he was against ?

Nice
debogus is online now Find More Posts by debogus
Old Mar 08, 2012, 10:39 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2011
33 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by debogus View Post
So a good liberal would without question do what this marine said he was against ?

Nice
no

there were lots of stories about people refusing to go overseas when bush was president because they disagreed

military leftists do exist too

according to military rules from the article this marine should no longer be a marine
fdawg is offline Find More Posts by fdawg
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Mar 08, 2012, 11:29 PM
Suspended Account
Russian Federation, Sakha, Yakutsk
Joined May 2006
2,978 Posts
Quote:

He's just an NCO. The only orders he needs to be concerned with as being lawful come from his NCOIC or directly from his commanding officer. It's the place of the Joint Chiefs of Staff to determine if a Presidents order is lawful or not.

End of story.
FrogChief is offline Find More Posts by FrogChief
Old Mar 08, 2012, 11:32 PM
Suspended Account
Joined May 2006
2,978 Posts
Quote:
He's not refusing anything. If he refuses to follow lawful orders from his NCOIC or Commanding officer, he'll get dealt with at a Captain's Mast and if he did it again, a Courts Martial.

He's just blowing smoke and said something stupid on FB (nothing new.)
Old Mar 08, 2012, 11:37 PM
Suspended Account
Joined May 2006
2,978 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fdawg View Post

according to military rules from the article this marine should no longer be a marine
Not really. If he chooses to make a big deal over this admittedly stupid thing, his chain of command will punish him via the UCMJ. He'll still be in the service, but will learn to keep his yap shut.

Freedom of speech is most definitely one of the rights you forgo when you volunteer to serve in the Armed Forces of the United States.