SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 08, 2012, 07:20 PM
Evansville Dress Reg., Indiana, United States
Joined Jun 2004
1,097 Posts
Discussion
FMS PT-17 Stearman from BH

A friends first purchase from Banana Hobby was for 3 of the new FMS PT-17 biplanes , they were ordered , and arrived fine in just a few days .
His father and myself have assembled and flown ours , they assembled quickly , and fly GREAT at half throttle , aerobatics and landings and takepffs are easy .
I am so impressed by the plane and being a biplane crazy person , I just ordered another FMS Stearman myself , my first order from BH , also .
A email the next day from BH contained the UPS tracking number and click link to check UPS progress with the package , and the Shipping was FREE !
So I do not know anything else referene BH , but my first two experiences with BH service has been top notch .

These results may cause me to become a BH returning customer many times
wattman is offline Find More Posts by wattman
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 08, 2012, 08:43 PM
United States, TN, White House
Joined Oct 2011
126 Posts
Cool, I may have to order me one now.
soopertrucker is offline Find More Posts by soopertrucker
Old Mar 08, 2012, 10:58 PM
Alpine Aero Sqdn.
United States, CA, Jamul
Joined Mar 2012
291 Posts
I was lookin at that kit. Glad to see you liked it. I will have to add that as my first biplane for sure.
619SixFour is offline Find More Posts by 619SixFour
Old Mar 13, 2012, 09:23 PM
Joined Jun 2004
1,097 Posts
Today received my second FMS PT-17 from BH , , arrived in good shape , well packed .
Old Mar 13, 2012, 10:05 PM
Alpine Aero Sqdn.
United States, CA, Jamul
Joined Mar 2012
291 Posts
How would you rate the build on difficulty. My first RC plane was a RTF Hellcat from BH. I have never built a kit so I was wondering if it is difficult. I am about to order a DX8 and I am guessing a lipo. What else would I need for this kit?
619SixFour is offline Find More Posts by 619SixFour
Old Apr 07, 2012, 03:08 PM
Joined Jun 2004
1,097 Posts
The assembly of this ARF is VERY easy , really easy compared to some "other" brands of RTF .
You only need a receiver for your radio , and a battery and your charger .
I fly mine with lipos that I already had , PKZ 1800mah 3cell , and EFlite 1800mah and 2100mah 3 cells , all work fine .
This is a great flying biplane , and has plenty of power to power you out of a mistake if need be . Most of the time we are flying our Stearmans at just over half throttle , which is enough power .
Carls really looked good last night just after sundown with the included lights on , and working
Old Apr 07, 2012, 04:45 PM
Joined Oct 2011
126 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wattman View Post
The assembly of this ARF is VERY easy , really easy compared to some "other" brands of RTF .
You only need a receiver for your radio , and a battery and your charger .
I fly mine with lipos that I already had , PKZ 1800mah 3cell , and EFlite 1800mah and 2100mah 3 cells , all work fine .
This is a great flying biplane , and has plenty of power to power you out of a mistake if need be . Most of the time we are flying our Stearmans at just over half throttle , which is enough power .
Carls really looked good last night just after sundown with the included lights on , and working
Cool.
Old May 04, 2012, 12:40 PM
Joined Oct 2011
126 Posts
I love this plane! For it's size it flies surprisingly scale. I can't wait for the 1700mm version.
Old May 07, 2012, 11:02 AM
Charleston, SC
Joined Jul 2006
837 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by soopertrucker View Post
I love this plane! For it's size it flies surprisingly scale. I can't wait for the 1700mm version.
I'm interested in this plane, but have never ordered from Banana Hobby.

What are the shipping charges on this plane, and how long does it take to ship?

(Cincinnati, OH)

Thanks,
Raehm is offline Find More Posts by Raehm
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: GWS Me-262 Build
Old May 07, 2012, 03:29 PM
Joined Oct 2011
126 Posts
Right now shipping is free on orders over $100.00 and it usually ships in 1 to 3 days. It took about a week after I ordered mine to get it to the door.
Old Jul 14, 2012, 08:09 AM
Charleston, SC
Joined Jul 2006
837 Posts
Fyi...

For any of you considering the FMS or Eflite Stearman, you really take a close look at the one from UniqueModelRC.com. IMO, the greater size allows you to fly in more wx conditions, take off and land from GRASS (3" wheels), and enjoy a whole new flying experience (as compared to the warbirds).

It flies well with a 2200 3s, but is outstanding with a 2200 4s.

Here is the board.
Raehm is offline Find More Posts by Raehm
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: GWS Me-262 Build