HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 08, 2012, 04:57 PM
USA, OH, Maple Heights
Joined Aug 2010
12 Posts
Discussion
Ordered HK-190

Hi all,
I bought a Syma 109 for a Christmas present for my Boy, and we had a ton of fun. So much fun that I decided to buy a Mini Heli for myself. The HK-190 from Hobby King was my first choice. Since there are tons of them out there, and sold under different names, I thought that the HK-190 was the most economical at $48.21 shipped. . Too bad that HK did not have any spare parts listed at the same time. Such as, extra main and tail rotor blades, landing gear, training gear, and canopie's. But I'm sure they'll get those items listed soon. Here is a link to the HK-190. Have fun, I know, I will. D.

https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/...F_Mode_2_.html
HonestD is offline Find More Posts by HonestD
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 08, 2012, 05:00 PM
Canada, ON
Joined Mar 2010
1,272 Posts
The HK-190 is a rebranded Great Wall Xieda 9958. You can buy all the parts here as well as other places.

http://www.focalprice.com/buy/9958.html
monkeyhanger is offline Find More Posts by monkeyhanger
Old Mar 08, 2012, 07:28 PM
United States, CA, Oakdale
Joined Feb 2012
90 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HonestD View Post
Hi all,
I bought a Syma 109 for a Christmas present for my Boy, and we had a ton of fun. So much fun that I decided to buy a Mini Heli for myself. The HK-190 from Hobby King was my first choice. Since there are tons of them out there, and sold under different names, I thought that the HK-190 was the most economical at $48.21 shipped. . Too bad that HK did not have any spare parts listed at the same time. Such as, extra main and tail rotor blades, landing gear, training gear, and canopie's. But I'm sure they'll get those items listed soon. Here is a link to the HK-190. Have fun, I know, I will. D.

https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/...F_Mode_2_.html
Check out the GW Xieda 9958 thread. There's a lot of great info there
Brigham is offline Find More Posts by Brigham
Old Mar 09, 2012, 12:34 PM
USA, OH, Maple Heights
Joined Aug 2010
12 Posts
Monkeyhanger, Great link, these spare parts are cool, how much is shipping on such light and inexpensive parts, do you know?
Old Mar 09, 2012, 12:37 PM
Canada, ON
Joined Mar 2010
1,272 Posts
Quote:
Monkeyhanger, Great link, these spare parts are cool, how much is shipping on such light and inexpensive parts, do you know?
Focalprice is free shipping.
monkeyhanger is offline Find More Posts by monkeyhanger
Old Mar 09, 2012, 01:08 PM
Did you check the FAQ already?
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
13,584 Posts
Still waiting for my first Focal Price order, from january. Got shipping confirmation on 26th of february, and still nothing... And despite the long wait, part of my order was canceled, and refunded. Not a decent first experience for me...
SoloProFan is offline Find More Posts by SoloProFan
Old Mar 09, 2012, 01:44 PM
Joined Feb 2007
545 Posts
Yes, both xheli.com and nitro planes are showing spares in stock now. Both U.S. locations. Bananahobby shows spares in mid march, also U.S.

I think next round I'll try one of these places. Focalprice takes too long and they don't always ship everything you order (but show it in stock). Their prices are good though, plus free ship. Maybe I'll use them again, we will see.

My order finally left HK March 5. So it should be on the boat.
jpconard is online now Find More Posts by jpconard
Old Mar 24, 2012, 01:06 PM
USA, OH, Maple Heights
Joined Aug 2010
12 Posts
I received my MSP 190 by EXHeli aka. HK-190 yesterday March 24, 2012. 16 days from the time I ordered it. That's the fastest I've received any thing from Hong Kong. I'm very pleased ! Here are some Pics.
Last edited by HonestD; Mar 24, 2012 at 01:11 PM.
Old Mar 24, 2012, 01:18 PM
AMA# 548800
United States, CT, Trumbull
Joined Dec 2007
5,201 Posts
you should of checked out xheli , you would of gotten it in a few days
http://www.xheli.com/4fixmicro.html
jombo is offline Find More Posts by jombo
Old Mar 24, 2012, 01:36 PM
ladybird, miniCP, msrx, 4F180
Joined Jan 2012
515 Posts
I think my hk-190 was the best of the 3 9958's I bought. I got the other 2 from xheli and the one from Hobbyking was the best flier also the name hk190 sounds cooler.
afloyd82 is offline Find More Posts by afloyd82
Old Mar 24, 2012, 01:46 PM
USA, OH, Maple Heights
Joined Aug 2010
12 Posts
So, after charging all my batteries, I started trimming the HK-190 on top of the storage box the Heli comes with. A nice slick surface, some up power to see which way the bird rotates, adjust trim and give more power. Deffinatley not a beginner Heli! But, Itook it slow and easy, got used to the controlls, emediatley shutting power off when I was in trouble. Nothing broken, parts look great and sturdy, and I've got her zipping around in my bedroom in about a half hour of gentle practice. I love this Heli. D.
Old Nov 06, 2013, 01:59 PM
Joined Nov 2013
3 Posts
Quote:
So, after charging all my batteries, I started trimming the HK-190 on top of the storage box the Heli comes with. A nice slick surface, some up power to see which way the bird rotates, adjust trim and give more power. Deffinatley not a beginner Heli! But, Itook it slow and easy, got used to the controlls, emediatley shutting power off when I was in trouble. Nothing broken, parts look great and sturdy, and I've got her zipping around in my bedroom in about a half hour of gentle practice. I love this Heli. D.
I bought one of these from HK, I loved it. Flew great. It sat for a while, and now I cant not get it to bind. Still using same battery it came with. Any suggestions?

Thanks
basscandy92040 is offline Find More Posts by basscandy92040
Old Nov 07, 2013, 09:59 AM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
8,440 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by basscandy92040 View Post
I bought one of these from HK, I loved it. Flew great. It sat for a while, and now I cant not get it to bind. Still using same battery it came with. Any suggestions?

Thanks
Stock battery is shot, they are low grade. Get some nano-techs or E-flites.
Battery to low it will not bind, even if voltage shows good..its not. trust me I know.
dankar04 is offline Find More Posts by dankar04