HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 08, 2012, 12:42 PM
Joined Mar 2012
2 Posts
Discussion
New Poster with questions about a Fairchild 24 build

Hi everybody. I am going to build a Guillows Fairchild 24 and convert it into a park flyer/trainer. I plan on using 3 servos for elevators, rudder, and ailerons. So I'm looking at a 4 channel system. I'm not new to building, I'm an experienced modeler, but I've been out of RC fro a long time and I never had to pick all of the components. I picked the Guillows Fairchild 24 because its cheap and I won't mind repairing/rebuilding it as I learn.

Here are my questions/plans any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm going to buy all of the supplies at once and I have been searching the internet for stuff that is of good quality but also cheap. Here is whats in my shopping cart so far, please look at my motor and stuff. I tried to get stuff from one company to avoid any compatibility issues...

E-Flite Park 250 2200Kv Brushless Outrunner Motor
Hitec HS-55 Economy Sub Micro Universal Servo
E-Flite 10-Amp Pro Brushless ESC Speed Control
E-flite 200mAh 2S 7.4V 25C LiPo, 26AWG
Tactic TTX404 4-Ch 2.4GHz Tx/Rx
E-Flite 8 x 6 Slow Flyer Propeller

Would this work? Thanks for any help.

Athos
athos56 is offline Find More Posts by athos56
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 08, 2012, 01:28 PM
An itch?. Scratch build.
South Wales U.K.
Joined Mar 2003
12,895 Posts
Here's a thread with links to all the Guillow range, it's in the Scale Electric Planes forum - Guillow's Conversions - The list of conversion threads , just in case it comes in useful.

and here's the thread I found in the above one - Guillow Fairchild 24 , that may also be helpful.

Welcome to RCGroups, people her enjoy build threads, with lots of picture , so keep those posts coming.
eflightray is offline Find More Posts by eflightray
Old Mar 08, 2012, 05:39 PM
Joined Mar 2012
2 Posts
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by eflightray View Post
Here's a thread with links to all the Guillow range, it's in the Scale Electric Planes forum - Guillow's Conversions - The list of conversion threads , just in case it comes in useful.

and here's the thread I found in the above one - Guillow Fairchild 24 , that may also be helpful.

Welcome to RCGroups, people her enjoy build threads, with lots of picture , so keep those posts coming.
Thanks for the links, I've been doing a lot of research. I still don't know enough to weed out all the junk products with the shinny wrappers. I also need to figure out more of the teminology, such as what the numbers mean when buying a prop...
athos56 is offline Find More Posts by athos56
Old Mar 09, 2012, 07:09 AM
An itch?. Scratch build.
South Wales U.K.
Joined Mar 2003
12,895 Posts
For help on terminology, have a look at the 'Sticky Threads' at the top of the - Beginner Training Area (Aircraft-Electric) forum
There is one on a 'beginners dictionary'.

You will find it much easier to just copy what others have used in the way of equipment in the Fairchild, (or similar sized and weight Guillow kit), at least you should have the confidence it works. The prop, (diameter x pitch, in inches on the forums, but inch and metric molded on the props), is just a part of the motor, ESC, and battery combination. I would advise against thinking 'scale prop', unless someone else has proved it works.
eflightray is offline Find More Posts by eflightray