I've got the same tx/rx setup on my ladybird :-D
sidneylopsides is offline Find More Posts by sidneylopsides
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 05, 2013, 12:37 PM
BelgiŽ, Vlaams Gewest, Brugge
Joined Sep 2011
322 Posts
Sidney,

Any thoughts on how to implement that on the HK quad, and what's the range of this setup?

Thanks

Steve
stevo0476 is online now Find More Posts by stevo0476
Old Feb 05, 2013, 03:13 PM
Leeds, UK
Joined Dec 2003
393 Posts
Yeah, I've got some ideas, but for using a #16 camera. I've not got a base station, and the weather to take it outside, so no idea on range yet. I know the aerials can be improved.
Old Feb 05, 2013, 05:49 PM
BelgiŽ, Vlaams Gewest, Brugge
Joined Sep 2011
322 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidneylopsides View Post
. I've not got a base station, and the weather to take it outside
Well thats one thing the British and Belgians got in common, the weather....

I changed the stock lens to a 120 degree angle one.

Cheers

Steve
stevo0476 is online now Find More Posts by stevo0476
Old Feb 08, 2013, 05:33 PM
United States, TX, Spring
Joined Aug 2011
2,277 Posts
So, it looks like it might nor be a bad idea to build a CF frame and transfer the electronics. How difficult might this be? New to Multi-rotors.
cwolfe is offline Find More Posts by cwolfe
Old Feb 20, 2013, 08:47 AM
Joined Jun 2007
19 Posts
Turnigy Plush wire guage

I'm going to try the Crab 20 frame and need to lengthen the power wires.
What's the pos and neg wire guage on the Turnigy Plush 6A ESCs?
dirigible is offline Find More Posts by dirigible
Old Feb 21, 2013, 03:52 AM
Joined Jun 2007
19 Posts
I'll use 20. Thank-you.
dirigible is offline Find More Posts by dirigible
Old Feb 21, 2013, 07:36 AM
Stoyan Zhekov
Japan, Osaka Prefecture, Osaka
Joined Dec 2012
154 Posts
flight time

How long is your flight time and with what kind of battery? I tried 1000mah and 1300mah 2s 20c lipos, but I cannot fly more then 4 min, before the LV alarm to start beeping. Alarm is set on 7V and I'm using KK2.0 board.
zhesto is offline Find More Posts by zhesto
Old Feb 21, 2013, 08:41 AM
Leeds, UK
Joined Dec 2003
393 Posts
I get around 4 min off a 500mAh 2S. I used different motors, A1504 from eBay, and 3 blade 5x3 props.
It will depend on flying style too. I tend to keep things slow and stable.
Old Feb 21, 2013, 09:01 AM
Austria
Joined Jan 2004
7,994 Posts
My stock micro quad

Was getting around 6min on 610mAh 2S ... and almost 10min on 950mAh 2S.

I don't use any LV alarm ... just a timer on my TX for check how long I had over 25% power signal
e_lm_70 is offline Find More Posts by e_lm_70
Old Feb 21, 2013, 09:13 AM
Joined Jul 2008
204 Posts
Just ordered a new frame for mine... broke another arm at the usual weak point (fairly minor indoor crash onto carpet this time), decided to do a rebuild on a new frame rather than more glue...

Shame they don't do a v2 of this frame with strengthened arms around the weak point at the motor wire holes, it's a nice straightforward build with neat wiring, and I've got mine flying quite nicely - but it's a bit fragile and there's no way to replace a single arm...

Also going to swap out my KK2 for a MultiWii board. I've had problems with the KK2 rebooting when the battery voltage dropped a bit (but before the loss of motor power becomes noticable). Yeah, I should have had the low-voltage alarm connected, but my Crius MultiWii board (powered by the same model of ESC and also on 2S) keeps running even when the battery is too low to take off.

(Anyone else seen/solved that issue with a KK2, I've not been through the entire massive KK2 thread yet, but didn't notice any mention of anybody else having the same problem in the bits that I did read. Or maybe they're just being more careful about not running their battery too low...)
bluescrn is offline Find More Posts by bluescrn
Last edited by bluescrn; Feb 21, 2013 at 09:22 AM.
Old Feb 21, 2013, 09:48 AM
Stoyan Zhekov
Joined Dec 2012
154 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by e_lm_70 View Post
My stock micro quad
Was getting around 6min on 610mAh 2S ... and almost 10min on 950mAh 2S.
Not sure where the problem with my quad is I bought a pre-build model (my mistake in ordering, needed a kit but this is off topic). So everything was included: 1811 2900kv motors, plush 6A ESC, propellers. I also bought Rhino 610mAh 2S lipos (maybe same as yours), but I got only about 2 min flying with them. That's why I got these 1300mAh lipo (weight 74g) and yes, it's doubles the time, but it is still 4min What else I've done until now:
  • calibrated ESCs before putting the props
  • left only signal lines on M2-M4 motors (power and ground only on M1 for the board)
So what else can I do? I ordered wattmeter and will try to measure how much power are using the motors, but until it come, what else can I try?

I'm sure I'm a little too precariousness with the LV alarm, but I think ESC are set with lipo type battery by default. So when I first tried, when the voltage went low, the quad just flip upside down! I think because KK2.0 just cut the power to the motors. Maybe need BEC programming card too, so I can reprogramm the ESCs...
Old Feb 21, 2013, 09:52 AM
Stoyan Zhekov
Joined Dec 2012
154 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluescrn View Post
(Anyone else seen/solved that issue with a KK2, I've not been through the entire massive KK2 thread yet, but didn't notice any mention of anybody else having the same problem in the bits that I did read. Or maybe they're just being more careful about not running their battery too low...)
I have this problem too. My understanding is that it is not about KK2.0 board, you just need to set your ESCs battery type to NiCd and cutoff option to soft. For LiPo batteries, to prevent damage, the board just cutting the power immediately, but for NiCd it will gracefully degrade. But I'm just a newbie so, maybe somebody with more experience can tell us more.
Last edited by zhesto; Feb 21, 2013 at 10:17 AM.
Old Feb 21, 2013, 10:16 AM
Leeds, UK
Joined Dec 2003
393 Posts
The escs have different cutoff options, I got a programming card for that. Trying to remember, but I think I set it to Lipo and soft cut.