HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Mar 10, 2012, 07:23 AM
Registered User
United Kingdom, England, Redcar
Joined Jan 2006
3,291 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erknie View Post
The new props might be worse, who know, but you have to give them the benefit of the doubt. I have HK, GWS, Gemfan, and MA, plus ordered some of these new props. So far I have never had a brand I didn't have to balance, and the MA were the only brand that didn't self destruct when it hit a twig.
No you dont , what a stupid attitude this is why HK gets away with shipping so much shite and gets away with it , "oh well i got it cheap what did i expect"
I have Gemfan , GWS, APC , Master airscrew and HK just to name the ones i know , the only blades i have here that require a ridiculous amount of time and tape to balance are the HK ones, especially the 5x3 blades, this is a KNOWN FACT not just from me but from many others , so , give them the benefit of the doubt ? get a grip you have already had video proof that their own manufactured blades are too tight for the motor they were intended for , now if they cant get that one simple bit right............................................. ..you obviously have no idea about the 1811 motors and their spider web windings either ( ive rewound my own 1811's and they are much much stronger than the factory wound crap)

come here i promise i wont stab in you in the eye again with a needle , honestly i wont.

Wake up.
scousethief is offline Find More Posts by scousethief
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 10, 2012, 08:16 PM
Expat
Japan
Joined Apr 2010
3,126 Posts
This looks interesting. But I'm wondering why they made such a wide arm in the prop thrust. They could have even flipped it 90degrees and tie into the crash cage for strength or something, more efficient.
Are these A1510 2200KV motors better?
This will be my first quad, and I like the fact all the parts are listed. Although I think I may be able to build a better frame myself. I'm new to this multirotor stuff though.
TheNiceGuy is offline Find More Posts by TheNiceGuy
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2012, 08:28 PM
Registered User
Joined Dec 2009
2,144 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNiceGuy View Post
This looks interesting. But I'm wondering why they made such a wide arm in the prop thrust. They could have even flipped it 90degrees and tie into the crash cage for strength or something, more efficient.
Are these A1510 2200KV motors better?
This will be my first quad, and I like the fact all the parts are listed. Although I think I may be able to build a better frame myself. I'm new to this multirotor stuff though.

Yes the A1510 will do well.
NaterPin is online now Find More Posts by NaterPin
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2012, 10:34 PM
Registered User
3d astronaut's Avatar
United States, MI, Paw Paw
Joined Sep 2011
4,112 Posts
So what do you guys thing of using this as a first build? I have a $150 hk gift and want to start with a quad. This frame with the recommended setup is perfect for that price range. I obviously dont expect it to fly around the world or anything but I just want something to get me off the ground thoughts?
3d astronaut is offline Find More Posts by 3d astronaut
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2012, 10:49 PM
Registered User
Joined Dec 2009
2,144 Posts
I don't have it yet....but sure. You can fly outside and inside.
NaterPin is online now Find More Posts by NaterPin
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2012, 11:25 PM
Registered User
Joined Jan 2011
416 Posts
I ordered one, it's cheap enough and I like the idea, it should save some weight and mess.

Buddy code to make it $11.62:

http://www.hobbyking.com/buddy.asp?c...F-077A57DE1820
npre is online now Find More Posts by npre
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2012, 11:36 PM
Registered User
3d astronaut's Avatar
United States, MI, Paw Paw
Joined Sep 2011
4,112 Posts
Thanks npre! Just another reason to order from Hobbyking!
3d astronaut is offline Find More Posts by 3d astronaut
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2012, 11:53 PM
Registered User
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Nov 2011
949 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudflying View Post
So what do you guys thing of using this as a first build? I have a $150 hk gift and want to start with a quad. This frame with the recommended setup is perfect for that price range. I obviously dont expect it to fly around the world or anything but I just want something to get me off the ground thoughts?
It's a small quad, so it's going to move around a bit until you learn how to fly quads. You can stabilize it somewhat by using a Flight Controller board with an accelerometer, but the HK KK board is good enough for learning, easy to tune. If the frame is solid PCB material as the pictures look like, then it should handle moderate crashes as you learn. I like the idea of a PCB frame. Probably not as tough as a polycarb frame like the Bambucopter, but the solder connections being part of the frame, make the wiring cleaner.

The Tunigy Micro-Quad is similar in concept to the Flydumini frame, except that one is kind of specialized for taking Multiwii shields. http://flyduino.net/Flydumini-Frame
Erknie is offline Find More Posts by Erknie
Last edited by Erknie; Mar 11, 2012 at 07:40 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2012, 09:28 AM
Expat
Japan
Joined Apr 2010
3,126 Posts
I like the concept, but wondering about the reality for my situation. I had a very stable micro coax heli, and trying to just fly down the hall guaranteed getting sucked into the wall. I imagine a lot of broken props/ bent shafts with this?
Also, would like to being to park while my kids play.
Some kind of prop shield would make it the perfect all purpose fun flyer?
How about a 2mm cf ball cage or even just an outer proximity ring?
TheNiceGuy is offline Find More Posts by TheNiceGuy
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2012, 10:15 AM
Old new guy
TheX's Avatar
United States, TX, Austin
Joined Sep 2004
3,152 Posts
I just ordered one, I hate these impulse buys but what am I gonna do?
TheX is offline Find More Posts by TheX
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2012, 01:27 PM
Registered User
3d astronaut's Avatar
United States, MI, Paw Paw
Joined Sep 2011
4,112 Posts
Thanks Erk! I am liking the fact that its not balsa or ply. A rough landing or a slow speed crash would result in a rebuild of the frame would be my guess. From my knowledge of planes/helis, it seems like this would be a route to go for a beginner. All I want is for something to get off the ground with indoors and maybe fly on those dead calm days. Not looking to carry around a go pro or anything crazy, just want to keep expanding my rc "reach" Does hobbyking carry a board with an accelerometer?
3d astronaut is offline Find More Posts by 3d astronaut
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2012, 01:41 PM
Rank Amatuer
FullmoonCat's Avatar
United States, ID, Boise
Joined Dec 2011
506 Posts
I have one of those plywood mini frames from BlueSkyRC, and I have found it very useful for indoor flying. The weather here is total suckage this time of year, so flying outside has been a non-option for a long time. It's been invaluable for honing my flying skills.

The weather just got better this week, and I've been flying it outside quite a bit, often in 15-20 MPH winds. It handles the wind just fine. My setup is pretty heavy for one of these microquads, so I'm sure that helps. But all the same, I think it's a great beginner quad for those who don't want to put any expensive parts at great risk.

I've also crashed a multitude of times, and due to the light weight of the copter, nothing has even gotten close to breaking. I did finally have to change out my props, since the dings and dents and bends were finally effecting the lift, but that was after countless crashes. I'm using GWS 5x3x3 props and prop savers. Highly recommended!
FullmoonCat is offline Find More Posts by FullmoonCat
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2012, 03:15 PM
Registered User
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Nov 2011
949 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNiceGuy View Post
I like the concept, but wondering about the reality for my situation. I had a very stable micro coax heli, and trying to just fly down the hall guaranteed getting sucked into the wall. I imagine a lot of broken props/ bent shafts with this?
Also, would like to being to park while my kids play.
Some kind of prop shield would make it the perfect all purpose fun flyer?
How about a 2mm cf ball cage or even just an outer proximity ring?
If you need to shield props, then this project isn't for you, get a Walker UFO or something like this http://www.kkmulticopter.kr/index.ht..._full&id_no=49


Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudflying View Post
Thanks Erk! I am liking the fact that its not balsa or ply. A rough landing or a slow speed crash would result in a rebuild of the frame would be my guess. From my knowledge of planes/helis, it seems like this would be a route to go for a beginner. All I want is for something to get off the ground with indoors and maybe fly on those dead calm days. Not looking to carry around a go pro or anything crazy, just want to keep expanding my rc "reach" Does hobbyking carry a board with an accelerometer?
No, HK boards only have gyros. I use a Crius Lite board off eBay. http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1551599

Flying a quad indoors is much harder than outdoors, you will drift and hit things. Best to learn outside, with not much wind, and some nice grass to land on.
Erknie is offline Find More Posts by Erknie
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2012, 04:22 PM
Expat
Japan
Joined Apr 2010
3,126 Posts
You're off base there, I don't 'need' it more than anyone else here does. I'm looking at innovation. That epp shield close up is good. I've made depron ducts, as well as fg rod cages on aircraft, and I don't see this challenge as any different.
Just need to think outside the sheeple box a bit.
TheNiceGuy is offline Find More Posts by TheNiceGuy
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12, 2012, 05:36 AM
Registered User
United Kingdom, England, Redcar
Joined Jan 2006
3,291 Posts
The A1510's "may" be better suited , they are about 50% heavier than the 1811 motors (15.1g vs 9.2g) but should be better protected with the typical outrunner style , the 1811 2000kv motors on 3 cell are better but suffer from the same spider web windings. IF your not a beginner ie your not going to crash every 30 seconds the 1811 2000kv might be the better option , on 2 cell they are perfectly adequate on 3 cell they become very responsive and turn your quad into a bullet but a few crashes may result in a broken wire.
scousethief is offline Find More Posts by scousethief
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
For Sale Micro Quad (9") + Parts for a new micro quad (ESC's + motors) ed.ge Aircraft - Electric - Multirotor (FS/W) 8 Jan 17, 2012 05:41 AM
Question Can i remove integrated esc bec (turnigy plush) Axefly Power Systems 8 Aug 14, 2011 08:37 AM
Discussion cute UM quad :) - the flying PCB axelen Scratchbuilt Indoor and Micro Models 10 May 05, 2011 07:33 PM
For Sale Tri-Quad controller PCB populated EnigmaSoar Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 3 Apr 15, 2011 07:13 AM
Sold TriCopter / Quad PCB's (3) EnigmaSoar Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 2 Mar 21, 2011 05:41 PM