HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 09, 2012, 06:28 AM
TECH for XaircraftAmerica!
South Carolina
Joined Mar 2009
5,247 Posts
I picked up a set of these props with the frame. I will let everyone know how they are when I get them.
tc3wins is online now Find More Posts by tc3wins
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 09, 2012, 07:01 AM
United Kingdom, England, Redcar
Joined Jan 2006
3,268 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erknie View Post
Why do I feel I am banging my head against a wall!

These are the 5 x 3 HK props you would have used.

These are the new ones made for the Turnigy micro-quad.

If you don't see they are not the same props, then I can't help you.
You fail to take in the Vendor and the fact that they manufacture as cheaply as possible , i have received 5x3 blades with half the 5x3 stamp missing , twisted blades , they are crap and many many others agree, whoopee they look different ,lets see how much time and effort it takes to balance them, like you said though , lets see if a vendor who as a rule dishes out shite in this range can make some decent blades for a change.

BTW we can obviously see they are not the same props its the vendor thats the issue and these are more than likely own brand cheapo blades BUT lets wait and see.
scousethief is offline Find More Posts by scousethief
Old Mar 09, 2012, 07:42 AM
vAMPire
Germany
Joined Aug 2010
132 Posts
Quote:
Why do I feel I am banging my head against a wall!

If you don't see they are not the same props, then I can't help you.

Go on, its your gray matter...

Sure I recognized the difference, should have written that there were not many alternatives before. I was refering to the old props scousethief was talking about.
Still thinking that the new props will be the salvation for all our problems is pretty optimistic.
However Im running out of the old 5x3s so I ordered some new ones and give a try!
Henni is offline Find More Posts by Henni
Old Mar 09, 2012, 08:23 AM
EPP RC
Joined Jun 2009
44 Posts
Turnigy Integrated PCB Micro-Quad (KIT) - Playing alone in the study (1 min 44 sec)

just check this video.

Turnigy Integrated PCB Micro-Quad (KIT) - Playing alone in the study.
board : HobbyKing Quadcopter Control Board V1
ESC : Turnigy Plush 6A
mortor : Turnigy 1811 2900kv
battery : Turnigy 800mAh 2S
prop : 5030
Weight : 140g
Flying Weight : 190g
Flying time : 6min~ 8min
LEE KWANG HO is offline Find More Posts by LEE KWANG HO
Old Mar 09, 2012, 08:33 AM
Joined Jan 2006
3,268 Posts
I stick to Gemfan 5x3x3 now , after wasting too much money on blades that were pretty obviously just cloned blades ( and not very good ones at that) ill pay that tiny bit extra and buy something more reliable.
Good quality 5x3 blades are rare , the Gemfan 5x3x3 are quite good , much better than HK blades so much so that unless things drastically change HK can keep their blades , ill buy locally were its easier to return 3rd rate products.
Old Mar 09, 2012, 08:52 AM
Rank Amatuer
United States, ID, Boise
Joined Dec 2011
494 Posts
I have GWS 5x3x3 blades for my micro, and they are amazingly tough. I have crashed a ton, and some of the blades now have little dents or chips, but none have broken yet and the quad still flies perfectly. I did have to ream them to fit the motors, however.
FullmoonCat is offline Find More Posts by FullmoonCat
Old Mar 09, 2012, 09:43 AM
EPP RC
Joined Jun 2009
44 Posts
hobbyking 5030 Propellers - 3xCW and 3xCCW (1 min 57 sec)

5030 Propellers (Black) - 3xCW and 3xCCW - 6pcs per bag
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...rs_Black_3xCW_...
5030 Propellers (Red) - 3xCW and 3xCCW - 6pcs per bag
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...rs_Red_3xCW_an...

In fact, that will occur depending on how to prop mounted on the many problems (It mean ... use prop adapter.)
To solve this, The prop hole was designed to be 1.8mm.
It was designed to be mounted directly on the motor.
drilling bit is 1.8mm~ 2mm
LEE KWANG HO is offline Find More Posts by LEE KWANG HO
Old Mar 09, 2012, 10:03 AM
Joined Jan 2006
3,268 Posts
Soo what your really saying is that the blades that Hobbyking had made to fit their own motors and quad dont actually fit you have to ream them to the correct size ? awesome
Old Mar 09, 2012, 10:51 AM
Old new guy
United States, TX, Austin
Joined Sep 2004
3,152 Posts
I bought a bunch of the HK 5x3 props to use with prop savers and they are absolute garbage. It takes way too much material to balance them, and the overall quality is simply piss poor.
TheX is offline Find More Posts by TheX
Old Mar 09, 2012, 11:21 AM
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Nov 2011
949 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scousethief View Post
Soo what your really saying is that the blades that Hobbyking had made to fit their own motors and quad dont actually fit you have to ream them to the correct size ? awesome
Stop trolling will you.

It means to get a tight fit without using an adapter, the holes are 0.2mm smaller than the shaft. Nobody is forcing to use the 1811 motors.
Erknie is offline Find More Posts by Erknie
Old Mar 09, 2012, 01:05 PM
Joined Jan 2006
3,268 Posts
Quote:
Stop trolling will you.

It means to get a tight fit without using an adapter, the holes are 0.2mm smaller than the shaft. Nobody is forcing to use the 1811 motors.
Trolling ? i see , this is a forum , for public use , this is a discusion about Hobbyking and a product of theirs , ive used these exact same motors, escs so have experience of them , i also have experience of using HK's 5x3 blades , i understand that these are different blades and are made to spec especially for this quad......and they dont seem to fit judging by that video which was in fact intended to show that they dont actually fit and that they need reaming in order to do so.
SO, as HK have released a quad that takes 5x3 blades ( and you WILL be using any 5x3 blade as soon as HK runs out of the purpose made ones ) and i use those escs and those bad bearinged snappy thin wirey motors i do infact feel that i ahve enough knowledge at this point in time to comment.

Trolling ? no ill leave that up to you.
Old Mar 09, 2012, 02:14 PM
Ottawa, ON
Joined Oct 2010
104 Posts
ordered.
this should be fun to fly around all of the MQX's at our gym.
awdiver is offline Find More Posts by awdiver
Old Mar 09, 2012, 05:05 PM
TECH for XaircraftAmerica!
South Carolina
Joined Mar 2009
5,247 Posts
Here is a hobby king code to get the frame for like around 11.00 , http://www.hobbyking.com/buddy.asp?c...6-340D8EC6322F
tc3wins is online now Find More Posts by tc3wins
Old Mar 09, 2012, 05:20 PM
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Nov 2011
949 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henni View Post
Go on, its your gray matter...

Sure I recognized the difference, should have written that there were not many alternatives before. I was refering to the old props scousethief was talking about.
Still thinking that the new props will be the salvation for all our problems is pretty optimistic.
However Im running out of the old 5x3s so I ordered some new ones and give a try!
The new props might be worse, who know, but you have to give them the benefit of the doubt. I have HK, GWS, Gemfan, and MA, plus ordered some of these new props. So far I have never had a brand I didn't have to balance, and the MA were the only brand that didn't self destruct when it hit a twig.
Erknie is offline Find More Posts by Erknie
Old Mar 09, 2012, 05:30 PM
Joined Jan 2011
512 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tc3wins View Post
Here is a hobby king code to get the frame for like around 11.00 , http://www.hobbyking.com/buddy.asp?c...6-340D8EC6322F
tc3wins,
I was going to put the Buddy Code on post 1, but it's not working (at least not for me). Has it or is it working for anybody else?
-Thanks
CheckSum is offline Find More Posts by CheckSum