HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 14, 2012, 11:35 AM
No Longer Active
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jombo View Post
me , heck yea . i hit the sim everyday at least 2 hours a day , but not all at once . i usually get frustrated after 30 minutes, then just see the different ways to crash after that . yesterday i by accident i was coming out of a turn doing flips and did a nose down funnel still havent got a clue how i did it and couldnt do it again . thats one of my problems , alot of times i learn to do something and they were by accident , like tick tocks , i was better at that than rainbows and thats how i learned to do them lol .
2 hours a day? wow! man take it easy jombo, you don't want to burn yourself out. I know the 3D masters is just around the corner, but we're not going there. If we are going somewhere some day it will be the PitchBrothers Smackdown! lol

http://www.thepitchbrothers.com/

The event is well known for fun, fun and more fun and lots of beer !

Pitchbrothers Smackdown 2011 - // Trailer // (4 min 39 sec)
pitchp is offline Find More Posts by pitchp
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 14, 2012, 11:49 AM
AMA# 548800
United States, CT, Trumbull
Joined Dec 2007
4,990 Posts
that is a sweet vid !! one day we can do that too . i got the crashing down patt, just the flying is seeming more difficult . just need more practice . i did figure out by learning to do the 3D moves i can fly normally alot better , but then it gets boring
jombo is offline Find More Posts by jombo
Old Mar 14, 2012, 06:54 PM
No Longer Active
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
Quote:
that is a sweet vid !! one day we can do that too . i got the crashing down patt, just the flying is seeming more difficult . just need more practice . i did figure out by learning to do the 3D moves i can fly normally alot better , but then it gets boring
Yep you can't make a nice omelet without cracking a few eggs.
Old Mar 16, 2012, 05:18 AM
No Longer Active
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
Jombo are you still hitting it? How's those funnels coming along? I've taken a couple off days break, and it's seems I have become very sloppy in my piro flips. The trick is having a consistent every day practice. 5 minutes of sim a day is definitely all we need. keep hitting it jombo! Pitchbrothers Smackdown is just around the corner for us. Another 20 more years and we'll hit it!!!! We will be there jombo, sinking piss, and crack rollin!!!

http://vimeo.com/38626114
Old Mar 16, 2012, 07:07 PM
No Longer Active
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
We're getting there jombo, fine tuning and we are almost there!!

http://vimeo.com/38667954
Old Mar 16, 2012, 09:55 PM
AMA# 548800
Joined Dec 2007
4,990 Posts
well pitchp i think your on your own here i am giving up for a few days .i am just not consistent with funnels at all . every time i try to do one its a 50/50 shot. i tried to do that snake flip and i got 2 flips in then the third is into the ground . i am just going to take a short break with 3D flying . it feels more like a job than a hobby .
dont worry i have faith you will be the next bert kramer in no time
Old Mar 16, 2012, 11:09 PM
No Longer Active
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
Quote:
well pitchp i think your on your own here i am giving up for a few days .i am just not consistent with funnels at all . every time i try to do one its a 50/50 shot. i tried to do that snake flip and i got 2 flips in then the third is into the ground . i am just going to take a short break with 3D flying . it feels more like a job than a hobby .
dont worry i have faith you will be the next bert kramer in no time
lol i wish. You are forcing it. 2 hours a day is just wayyyy tooo much, practice. You just gotta have 5 mins a day and let yourself go! Once in awhile just have fun in the sim fly the way you want to fly. Just like frank sinatra said " I flew it my way!" I play on the sim all the time, no serious stuff, other wise it just becomes a job. Play around, have fun jombo, let your self go. Don't worry about those other people there that tells you that you have to fly in a routine, tell them where to go! This is a hobby not a 3D masters competition. People forget that sometimes. Just have fun jombo, relax, open a can of your refreshing drink and relax, and just sim it for five minutes, and have fun!

http://vimeo.com/38677971
Last edited by pitchp; Mar 17, 2012 at 04:11 AM.
Old Mar 17, 2012, 08:33 AM
No Longer Active
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
Jombo I know you can do the piro flips now, you should try piro tic tocs! they are awesome!!! check it out, at the end of my goofing around i thought i'd try out piro tic tocs. try it jombo! it's much easier than piro flips!

http://vimeo.com/38685521
Old Mar 18, 2012, 11:56 AM
AMA# 548800
Joined Dec 2007
4,990 Posts
that is amazing , yea i cant do that lol . i would need about 3 days continuous on the sim .
alsa my sim is dead , the controller fell apart inside . i get some pics of it later . it was never dropped or anything and the plastic holding the gimbals all fell apart. i open it up and i got about a million plastic parts springs screws fall out . i guess its time to order the phoenix sim. i have a walkera 2401 controller with a serial plug so it says it should work .
Old Mar 18, 2012, 03:14 PM
No Longer Active
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
Quote:
that is amazing , yea i cant do that lol . i would need about 3 days continuous on the sim .
alsa my sim is dead , the controller fell apart inside . i get some pics of it later . it was never dropped or anything and the plastic holding the gimbals all fell apart. i open it up and i got about a million plastic parts springs screws fall out . i guess its time to order the phoenix sim. i have a walkera 2401 controller with a serial plug so it says it should work .
you over worked your TX!! 5 minutes a day jombo, you're burning yourself out and your equipment. take it easy. just like the country song.
Old Mar 18, 2012, 03:53 PM
No Longer Active
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
Oh i forgot to mention, just keep having fun on the sim, never take it seriously!!

I do it all the time!

http://vimeo.com/38717415
Old Mar 18, 2012, 10:03 PM
AMA# 548800
Joined Dec 2007
4,990 Posts
i could be . check out the plastic , it just fell apart .all smooth edges , no broken bent parts , unbelievable .

i fixed it though , i used a spare tx i had laying around . i gutted it and stuck real flight guts in it . solderd all the wires back in and its good as new . maybe i can get another 5 years out of it
Last edited by jombo; May 29, 2013 at 12:36 PM.
Old Mar 18, 2012, 10:55 PM
No Longer Active
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
OMG!! jombo you have spent too much time stick banging! relax a bit. woah. be gentle on the sticks jombo. wow that is the first time i've seen something like that.

P>S your's looks different to mine

Last edited by pitchp; Mar 18, 2012 at 11:23 PM.
Old Mar 19, 2012, 06:39 AM
AMA# 548800
Joined Dec 2007
4,990 Posts
yours is the 200.00 one mine is this for 100.00. 4 flying fields alot of planes and about maybe 2 dozen helicopters . their all set parameters and cant adjust anything . just click and fly .
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXXSG5&P=ML
Old Mar 19, 2012, 07:36 AM
No Longer Active
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
Quote:
yours is the 200.00 one mine is this for 100.00. 4 flying fields alot of planes and about maybe 2 dozen helicopters . their all set parameters and cant adjust anything . just click and fly .
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXXSG5&P=ML

Jombo the simulator is so important in this Heli hobby. And there is no point having an expensive simulator if you don't use it. Fair enough Jombo, we don't plan to go to the 3D masters, nor do we plan to compete in any tournament, but I do believe it's very important that we get some sort of flight routine. Nothing worse when your flying your heli in some carpark or the local park and some douche makes a comment about the way you fly saying, it's loosey goosey. That is just such a degrading comment from a total stranger. So we must make a change Jombo. For that next time that stranger may come along, we will be prepared for him.

And every time we fly for real we must fly our routine. And every day we must practice our routine in the sim. Even if it's just 5 minutes a day. Do yourself a favor Jombo, invest in the latest phoenix simulator, you'll love it.

As you can see from all my videos I just play around, because i love it. Slowly slowly I'm starting to create a routine. My mind is starting to do it automatically. And every time i do the routine i perfect my maneuvers. Sure my ways are unorthodox, but it is what i believe works for me. People here might say you are going about this the wrong way. For sure it's not the way of the Chad(aka Demon). The way I see it, i love what I'm doing and I am continuously doing it and perfecting it in the sim every time. 5 minutes of sim a day. So you tell me Jombo, are we doing it wrong??

Are we suppose to just sit here and continuously practice nose in hover in the sim for the rest of our lives? Isn't it so boring? I mean seriously, the first thing they teach you when you start learning 3D is not to hover!!! You must continuously have a fluid motion of 3D so what is the point of hovering?? Do you know what i mean Jombo? Why learn maneuvers when you don't like them or don't even plan to use them? I could be wrong on this so any one here speak now or for ever hold your peace. I'll say it again, I love what I'm doing and I'm creating a routine which i think would slowly develop into something cool. What do you think Jombo?

My routine slowly taking form.

http://vimeo.com/38775557

P.S I'm still experimenting on what manouvers would look good together. hehe
Last edited by pitchp; Mar 19, 2012 at 07:58 AM.